Talk

Advanced search

Twinges and cramps in early pregnancy

(6 Posts)
mumworkstudywine Mon 23-Mar-20 05:37:03

Is it normal to have twinges, cramps and pulling in your uterus during early pregnancy? I am four weeks today and I have almost a constant pulling in my uterus, aches and pulling but I wouldn't say painful? It's doing my head in and already stressing me out because I'm currently on 12.5 hour night shifts due to being "a key worker". I am absolutely terrified every time I go for a wee, incase I'm bleeding (AF would be due between yesterday (Sunday) and Tuesday. My last pregnancy was 8 years ago, when I was 20 and didn't have a clue I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks along 🙃 so I missed the very early days of being aware of the changes in my body. I stopped taking sertraline about a week before my BFP so naturally, my anxiety has rocketed on his own. Just looking for a bit of reassurance. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Elouera Mon 23-Mar-20 05:50:15

Congrats!!! I had this also. A strange pulling, tugging and general 'odd' feelings within the uterus/pelvis. Not painful, and not really even like a bad period cramp, but just an odd feeling. Also, the odd 'sharp' pain lasting a second, but that could just be wind pain blush

I read that its from the effect of hormones on the uterus and relaxing the ligaments. Keep an eye on it. If the pain is 1 sided only, bleeding, severe, light headed etc etc, obviously get is checked asap. best of luck xxx

peachypetite Mon 23-Mar-20 05:57:18

I had this a few days ago!

mumworkstudywine Mon 23-Mar-20 06:16:01

@peachypetite and is all well?

mumworkstudywine Mon 23-Mar-20 06:16:38

@Eloeura thank you - I really wish I could skip the next few months of anxiety!

peachypetite Mon 23-Mar-20 06:18:20

Yes got my positive test on a FRER. I googled it and it seemed complete normal.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in