Talk

Advanced search

Question about prolonged spotting

(3 Posts)
Icouldstillbejoseph Mon 16-Mar-20 07:36:39

I'm 40. TTC for 10 long months. I have 2 DC from my marriage (9&7)- and during an EMCS was found to have severe endometriosis over my bladder and bowel. Clearly didn't affect my fertility too much at that point.

Anyway, I had a Mirena for a few years while I got divorced etc and the endometriosis has never really been too much of a problem, apart from some intense backache during my period.

I had a fertility appointment booked for this month (partner's sperm is normal) but the world has fallen out of my partner's business with CV and we simply can't afford to go.

I just wondered if anyone had experience of a similar issue whereby spotting happens almost throughout the two week wait? I mean it saves me a fortune on pregnancy tests as I know pretty early on I'm not pregnant.

I have been to the GP and she said "I've no idea about stuff like this, I've noticed it's a deficiency in my practice - so I'll read up about it and let you know" and then went on long term sick leave so Im none the wiser. The fertility clinic I was going to see said there isn't a lot of point seeing a GP anyway so I'm reluctant to go again - and they've got their work cut out at the moment without me!

I just wondered if anyone had any experience of luteal phase dysfunction or lots of spotting or whatever this is.

Thanks smile

OP’s posts: |
becca321 Mon 16-Mar-20 07:52:50

I have had this the last 2 cycles, also have 2 children and never happened before. Never been told I have endometriosis, but do have pcos. Doctor keeps saying its hormonal, but I am going back to be referred next month so hopefully get some more answers then as I am unsure why it would suddenly happen now.

Icouldstillbejoseph Mon 16-Mar-20 08:02:59

@becca321 thank you for the reply - i am not alone!!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in