Talk

Advanced search

Feeling so down with TTC - I'm so heartbroken

(4 Posts)
curlyhairdiva Sat 14-Mar-20 17:26:30

Hi there,
I just wanted to come on here and get some things off my chest. Me and my partner have been trying to conceive for a few months now and I know this might not be a lot to some people, but I just know we are going to have difficulties trying to get pregnant. I have long cycles (sometimes 50-60 days) and I don't think I ovulate frequently or if I do it's very different to know when as my cycles are so erratic that they vary in length from month to month. I am in my mid 20s so I know I still have plenty of time but my partner is in his late 30s and I worry that the longer we go on like this the harder it's going to get. I cry about this all the time, I want a baby so much - I feel like my purpose in life is to become a mother. I don't know why I'm posting on here but I'm just hoping maybe some one can make me feel a bit better about it all sad

OP’s posts: |
selina37 Sat 14-Mar-20 18:29:18

Please try not to worry. It's easier said that done, I know. Me and my partner have been trying for well over a year and nothing. We've reached breaking point in our relationship and we're having to move sideways to move forwards. At the end of the day though, we love each other so much and I'm hoping a step back and less pressure will see us with everything that will make us happy in the end. Xxx

bluebell94 Sat 14-Mar-20 19:00:45

I know the feeling! To be a mother is all I've ever wanted. I'm 25. In my head it was just going to happen straight away, we're both healthy and no issues that we knew of. But I came off the pill and my cycles were irregular and frustrating, around 60 days too. We were TTC for 6 months before I fell pregnant but it felt so long due to the long cycles so I completely know how you feel. I felt cheated by the fact my body wasn't giving me as many chances as everyone else had, with their 28 day regular cycles! I felt I was losing hope fast was was totally surprised when I did a test last week that was positive as I wasn't expecting it at all.
Statistically, most couples conceive naturally within their first year of trying, especially at your age! It's frustrating and not easy but please try not to worry or lose hope. It will happen xx

curlyhairdiva Sat 14-Mar-20 19:37:02

Thank you so much for your message - I needed to hear this today. Your experience sounds so similar to mine it fills me with hope. Congratulations on your wonderful news! Xx

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in