Talk

Advanced search

Help with Ovulate sticks

(12 Posts)
Sitchervice Thu 12-Mar-20 22:34:03

I took a clear blue test it came up neg but it has two lines on it. My doctor says at the moment I'm not ovulating after coming off pill in december. I'm hoping I will start ovulating at some point so I'm tracking but I need help. Any one else been in this position?

OP’s posts: |
Izzybuzzybuzzybees Thu 12-Mar-20 22:37:52

What is it you need help with?

Sitchervice Thu 12-Mar-20 22:40:00

When to use them. Is the above image an error should I really be using them if I'm not ovulating (using them for hope tbh) are they actually any good ect

Sitchervice Thu 12-Mar-20 22:43:04

@Izzybuzzybuzzybees also I'm using clear blue but are there better brands?

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Thu 12-Mar-20 22:45:00

It’s not an error, it’s just a negative test. Ovulation sticks are positive when the test line is darker than the control line. Have you had a normal post pill cycle yet?

Sitchervice Thu 12-Mar-20 22:46:39

@Izzybuzzybuzzybees I'm 3 months past and have had six bleeds my last cycle was the most normal. Doctors seem unconcerned but will be doing bloods if I bleed this month. Hence why I'm testing for ovulation. Its stressful

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Thu 12-Mar-20 22:47:05

You can get cheaper ones than clear blue online and they’re just as easy to use

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Thu 12-Mar-20 22:47:57

If you’re having regular periods you should test from day 8 to look for ovulation

Sitchervice Thu 12-Mar-20 22:57:37

@Izzybuzzybuzzybees but for now I should probably be testing everyday?

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Thu 12-Mar-20 22:58:19

Hard to tell really. How long were each of your cycles? Are you tracking your CM too?

biscuit13 Fri 13-Mar-20 07:34:53

Hi, I might be able to help, I used the clear blue one, and yes you should test once every day from whenever you want to start testing, and then when you get a flashing face you can test twice a day.
The sticks arent really designed to be read like that out of the holder, but when I got my static smiley the test line was much darker than the control line if that helps.
So I had 32 day cycles, started testing on CD10 and got my static smiley on CD20 after about 6 days of flashing smiley. 2nd month I used these I dtd on the day of static smiley and got pregnant.
Hope this helps

biscuit13 Fri 13-Mar-20 07:35:08

@Sitchervice forgot to tag

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in