Talk

Advanced search

1 year to wait - anyone else

(6 Posts)
laurielo Sat 29-Feb-20 23:14:48

Ok so a bit of a ramble really - I'm new I'm here so sorry if I haven't posted in the right category!

So me and my fiancé are ready for a baby and would say we have been for the past 2 years (since we moved into our first property) since then we've been settling and have grown own little family by 2 pups!

We're getting married in November so officially said I would take my implant out around November/December time and start trying, but now I've started a course which finished December 2021!

Would I be silly to take my implant out March/April time to ttc in time for the course to finish? I'm aware that ttc can take longer and want to start and not waste any more time?

What I'm asking is, is there anyone else in this position or any advice to be given? I'm the broodiest I've ever been confused

OP’s posts: |
MrsPattenson Sun 01-Mar-20 07:04:40

I am part way through the first year of a (part time) 2 year masters degree and mu DH and I have decided to TTC. This means that if I did conceive soon, I would be pregnant/have a baby half way through the research collection and write up of my dissertation.

I decided that it would be ok as my course is part time and I will rarely need to go to uni next year. I can skype my professors for dissertation help, and the mat leave will actually give me more time for uni as I won't be working full-time as a teacher on top of doing a masters!

Trying2019 Sun 01-Mar-20 08:15:06

Id take your implant out earlier and use condoms until you are ready to start trying. Many woman on here bodies have taken nearly a year to get back to normal after the implant. If you do get pregnant straight away then just be mindful that you may suffer with morning sickness etc which may make finishing your course stressful xx

Chanel05 Sun 01-Mar-20 16:49:37

I would just use other protection and take it out now. I started ttc in June 2018 and I'm 11+4 now. It can be a long road!

laurielo Sun 01-Mar-20 19:18:13

@MrsPattenson I'm kind of in the same situation my course is 75% practical as I'm being seconded in a hospital so I have 1 day release at uni and the rest of the days at work/1 day placement, so while pregnant I won't be doing more than 30 hours at work anyway which is practically part time to what I'm used to! We'll be so excited when we start trying grin

laurielo Sun 01-Mar-20 19:20:36

@Trying2019 @Chanel05 I know, I have been told to take it out a lot earlier as it can take a while, I may take it out in December after I'm married then use condoms up until March? I know that's not many months really but I'm just so scared to before hand in case we do get caught unexpectedly 🙈

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in