Talk

Advanced search

Pregnacare

(9 Posts)
Kyoyo Sat 29-Feb-20 19:23:29

Hello,

I had a missed miscarriage this month, however when we first found out we were pregnant I started taking pregnacare pregnancy vitamins,
I have the pregnacare conception vitamins but not sure when to start taking these as I haven’t had my first period after the miscarriage yet.

What are people’s experiences with pregnacare? I’ve heard they’ve delayed their cycles.

OP’s posts: |
Emmapeeler1 Sat 29-Feb-20 19:29:31

I took pregnacare pregnancy through my pregnancies and while conceiving, and even afterwards (when not TTC) as I had some leftover (and I prefer taking them to the large wellwoman capsules). They never delayed my cycles that I can recall. I always felt quite well when taking them.

Emmapeeler1 Sat 29-Feb-20 19:30:40

Ps really sorry about your miscarriage flowers

Ylladyoll Sat 29-Feb-20 20:58:31

Well I started taking them shortly after my period on the 8th of Jan, I have had a regular 28day cycle for 10 years, my period didnt come when it was due, a week later still BFN and I decided to stop taking them as convinced they delayed my ovulation, I got my period on CD48, 2 weeks after I stopped taking them, I would say for me I'm convinced they delayed ovulation, therefore delaying my period. I've just had the worse period ever.

Emmapeeler1 Sun 01-Mar-20 23:44:39

Hmm weird, I can see now all the reviews saying this. Mine weren't pregnacare conception. I have never taken those, but always assumed they were fairly similar!

Derbee Mon 02-Mar-20 00:25:30

I hated Pregnacare personally. I was recommended Seven Seas Trying for a Baby, and they’ve been great. They’re tiny, and haven’t affected my cycle

wannabebump Mon 02-Mar-20 02:18:13

I read mixed reviews about seven seas and pregnacare, so I just stuck with boots own brand folic acid & vitamin d. EPU also said that was enough compared to a multi vitamin so I stuck with it as it didn't change my cycle. Good luck x

Peanut55 Mon 02-Mar-20 02:25:31

So sorry to read of your miscarriage. I had a MMC and conceived 5 months after. I didn't use conception vitamins, but instead took super market own Brad pregnancy vitamins. This seemed to work a treat. DH also took just a men's health vitamin.

All the best on your journey flowers

Kyoyo Mon 02-Mar-20 06:31:26

Thank you for all your responses!

I’m not sure if to go ahead with the pregnacare as I don’t want it interrupting my cycle, I might give boots own brand folic acid a go instead

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in