Talk

Advanced search

Extremely faint line not getting darker

(14 Posts)
SpunBodgeSquarepants Sat 29-Feb-20 09:28:22

Hi all, woke with extremely sore breasts on Tuesday and just NEW I was pregnant. Been taking tests (asda and FRER) since Weds morning and all have an extremely faint line - doesn't really show on camera - that is not getting darker from day to day. Could this be a symptom of an ectopic? Has anyone ever got this with a FRER? I have never got a false positive before, even very faint. Negatives on FRER are usually glaringly obvious!

OP’s posts: |
TheVanguardSix Sat 29-Feb-20 09:33:03

My tests never really got much darker, tbh. It didn't mean anything really. Test in another week, rather than day by day, and you'll find the test a bit darker. But don't be surprised if it's not intensely dark. If the FR is positive, even faint, then it's definitely a positive. FR never lies!
Congratulations!

Hotpinkangel19 Sat 29-Feb-20 09:33:14

I had this and eventually there was no line, it was a chemical pregnancy.

Postmanbear Sat 29-Feb-20 09:34:41

How many DPO are you?
When my lines didn’t get darker quickly I eventually had a miscarriage at 11 weeks as it was a blighted ovum.

SpunBodgeSquarepants Sat 29-Feb-20 09:34:42

Yes a chemical would make sense actually, didn't consider that 😔

SpunBodgeSquarepants Sat 29-Feb-20 09:35:19

12 dpo today, have had one successful pregnancy 6 years ago and 2 mmc since then.

TheVanguardSix Sat 29-Feb-20 09:39:21

Don't despair just yet, OP. Test after your period's due. In about a week, would it be?

SpunBodgeSquarepants Sat 29-Feb-20 10:20:06

It's OK, I know somethings not right - best case scenario I think will be chemical, just worried about ectopic.

Postmanbear Sat 29-Feb-20 10:34:39

At 12DPO I didn’t have a line with both my successful pregnancies so I wouldn’t despair yet. Fingers crossed for you. 💐

TheVanguardSix Sat 29-Feb-20 11:56:22

Are you sure it’s not the fear talking? I know how hard it is to have hope when you’ve struggled with losses. But test again in a week. flowers

november90 Sun 01-Mar-20 05:51:40

My Asda test was never all that dark, I don't think they are the best to go by.
I agree with others, try and test in a couple of days and use your fmu with a frer!
I'll keep everything crossed for you! You may have just ovulated later then expected so there could still be hope xx

wannabebump Sun 01-Mar-20 05:55:59

My FRER didn't get darker, mine was ectopic/unknown location. I started to bleed though so the hospital forced the miscarriage. If you're concerned, make an appointment for a blood test. Good luck x

SpunBodgeSquarepants Sun 01-Mar-20 17:03:11

Just for anyone who might find this through Google, AF started today so looks like it was a chemical.

Postmanbear Mon 02-Mar-20 18:22:36

Sorry to hear that 💐

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in