Talk

Advanced search

BFP

(6 Posts)
Nombie Sat 29-Feb-20 06:47:57

So I got my first BFP today, tested with the clear blue fertility monitor. My partner says don't be too excited and to test again over the next few days. Whilst I wanna see that line get stronger for sure I wonder if he's having cold feet now and actually wanting it to turn into a BPN.

He said his friend (who has twins and is TTC also) recommended to keep testing for a week and if it's positive for a week then see your doctor. Anyone else abide by this?

OP’s posts: |
AlviesMam Sat 29-Feb-20 06:52:10

I've only just got my BFP at 9 days late! Used clear blue early detection and was getting faint positives up until yesterday. I think hcg levels can be different in each pregnancy as my last two (losses) the line came up on the day of my missed period xx

grandmasterstitch Sat 29-Feb-20 07:04:30

I would get a pink dye test and test again and it's it's positive then you're pregnant. There's no need to see the doctor, you just need to get a booking appointment with the midwife for about 9 weeks. Congratulations smile

Nombie Sat 29-Feb-20 18:35:38

Thank you both. We're going to re test over the next few days and in a week and hopefully it stays 🤩🥳

Igotthemheavyboobs Sun 01-Mar-20 03:49:11

My Dp was a bit like this at the very start of my pregnancy. After years of trying, he didn't want me to get overly excited and ahead of myself only to have a crushing fall if it turned out to be a false positive.

I never tested again after that first day, its like peeing on money, I saved it and booked an early scan at 9 weeks.

Good luck OP!!

Nombie Sun 01-Mar-20 11:13:00

Tested again today on a pink dye and got a BFP again 🥳. I will probably do another tomorrow but I am happy and nervous for what's to come.

How soon do people tell their bosses? That's my next obstacle 😅.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in