Talk

Advanced search

Cb monitor vs dual hormone sticks

(4 Posts)
Willow146 Mon 24-Feb-20 07:51:27

Hi,
I use the clear blue dual hormone detected sticks and pretty regularly have 4/5 days of flashing smile before the static but I’ve still not had any luck getting pregnant. Thinking of getting the fertility monitor but Wanted some advise from other ladies if it’s worth with hefty price tag and is it any more specific than just using the sticks I’m currently using?
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Elles1980 Mon 24-Feb-20 08:28:12

I'm having real confusion and have just posted about my fertility monitor. I have gotten pregnant using it 5 times since Jan 2019. More recently IV seen women testing mornings and evening so thought I'd give it a go and for the past 2 nights IV had static smiley faces on the clearblue digi sticks meaning lh surge, but my fertility monitor is still only saying high, so I'm super confused?! I'm just hoping someone will respond as IV just posted about it and I'll let you know, sorry this isn't much help but the fertility monitor has worked well in the past IV just not been very lucky carrying xx

Willow146 Mon 24-Feb-20 10:09:53

Thank you for replying I saw your post as well! Is this the first time you tried the monitor and the sticks at the same time? Sounds really confusing for you. Does the monitor work by telling you hormone levels? I’ve been using the sticks a while and have sex before and after the static face but I still can’t seem to get pregnant so wondering if the monitor will be more specific for me🤷🏼‍♀️

OP’s posts: |
Elles1980 Mon 24-Feb-20 17:02:18

Hey @Willow146 yes this is the first time trying the digital ovulation sticks as IV been using the monitor. IV actually emailed clearblue this morning and they've said there looking into that for me so may have some sort of an answer soon? I think we just need to have sex every other day all year round and we'll get ther 😂🤣!! The advanced fertility monitor usually starts off low then when you get the first high it say estrogen rise detected, then when you get a peak it says lh surge detected. Hence my confusion that I had lh surge on the ovulation test sticks but not on the monitor 🤷🏻‍♀️? I'm happy to hop on the good foot and do the bad thing daily but my poor oh probably not so much 😂! I also bought my friend the advanced fertility monitor as a gift when she started trying and she got pregnant first time trying but sadly had an eptopic and had to wait 3 months before going again and is now almost 8 weeks again!! She's a one hit wonder so 100% success rate for her xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in