Talk

Advanced search

PMS boobs vs pregnancy boobs

(8 Posts)
Beau20 Sun 23-Feb-20 15:54:52

Is there really a difference? Never in my life have I suffered with sore boobs. Ever. Other than when I have been pregnant.

I started 7DPO last cycle, BFP which ended in a chemical - the boob pain stopped about 2 days before I started bleeding. This time around exactly the same at 7DPO except they are getting mildly worse every day.

Has anyone else had this? I'm really trying not to symptom spot as I we only DTD 2 days before ovulation. It's hard to explain the pain, nothing in the nipples, it's more around the sides. The only way I can describe it is the pain is in my mammary glands.

OP’s posts: |
Beau20 Sun 23-Feb-20 15:56:08

Forgot to say - CD27 10DPO today BFN midday yesterday.

Kona84 Sun 23-Feb-20 16:05:53

My only symptom was sore boobs. I don't get them during PMS.
They were so painful when pregnant, all across the sides it hurt to run.
good luck.

Beau20 Sun 23-Feb-20 16:14:03

@Kona84 thank you smile it's always been the same with me too. I'm just sure I'm out this month but it's never been a thing for me before!

sarahc336 Mon 24-Feb-20 07:39:59

For me pregnant boobs are swollen a lot more and probably a big bigger in cup size and stay swollen whereas pms boobs are a bit swollen but it reduces a few days before af arrives. Plus last time I got a bfp my nipples were so tingly, like they were buzzing and I've never had a feeling as strong with pms boobs but now my mind likes to play tricks on me and makes me think my nipples are tingling every month now 😂 xx

Beau20 Mon 24-Feb-20 09:16:07

@sarahc336 yeah mine went like rocks and a good cup size bigger last time but that started at about 5 weeks. So far they have just been agony but woke up today and they feel much harder but still no-where near as bad as last time at 5 weeks. Last month when I had my chemical they stopped hurting about 2 days before I started bleeding. So far they are just getting worse but I'm having my typical pre-AF cramps - why does out body do this to us?!

sarahc336 Mon 24-Feb-20 13:18:36

Well if they're getting worse that's promising but as we all well know our bodies are a nightmare in the tww so I don't think we can ever really tell until we have that second line on a test can we grin

Beau20 Mon 24-Feb-20 14:14:01

@sarahc336 yep you are 100% right!! I've never everrrr had it as a PMS symptom my entire life BUT I've had so many things change over the years who is to know! Not planning on testing until at least 14 dpo if I get that far.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in