Talk

Advanced search

New at TTC at 38

(4 Posts)
CairaC Sat 22-Feb-20 15:56:35

Hi all, husband and I have decided to try for no.3 after 10years since we had our youngest. I am soon to be 39 and now getting bit worried whether I will even ovulate. I started using ovulation test from CD 6 but so far nothing, my cycles are usually 27 days long , although the last one was 28. No detection of EWCM either sad I'm using cheap sticks from Amazon and also Clearblue Advance with smiley faces ( so far both negative) anybody else out there of similar age trying? I'm trying hard not to think about it all the time, but find it hard, I just want to know I can still ovulate confused with my previous two, I was 26y and 28y and both conceived within 2 months of trying, but that's a long time ago sad

OP’s posts: |
LBB2020 Sat 22-Feb-20 16:47:00

Hi, I’m almost 38 and have recently conceived #2 first cycle

Niffler2019 Sat 22-Feb-20 17:08:20

Hi Caira I'm nearly 37 and trying for #2 nearly 7 years since my first. I've been using cheap ovulation tests but only ever got negatives. My cycles are long & all over the place though so it's hard to know when to test 🤷
I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you're ovulating. Have you tried tracking your temperature? I've never tried it but I believe it's supposed to be more accurate than the sticks. Also from what I've read you get better results using the ovulation tests if you hold your urine for 3-4 hours (I could never manage that!) and do it during the day but not first thing in the morning. Keep us updated! Good luck ☺️

CairaC Sat 22-Feb-20 19:48:26

Thank you for your reply, I'm currently on CD11, so still hopeful I will ovulate, I just bought myself. BBT thermometer, so hoping to use it tomorrow, weird thing is, until recently we thought we are done having kids, but all of a sudden I had that feeling that we are just missing that one ( or two ) more to complete our family, and surprisingly, my husband agreed, so we started trying.
Going back to the ovulation sticks, I do struggle with the cheap ones because I can't not go for a week for that long, today I tried not to drink and I did manage for 3 hours, but it was negative, at least the Clearblue ones are done from first morning urine.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in