Talk

Advanced search

Coming off the pill, irregular periods

(6 Posts)
123newbie Sun 16-Feb-20 17:37:27

Hi all,

I have been off the pill 3 months now and TTC. I have had irregular periods since coming off. This month I have been having period cramps but no period.

I have done two test and both are negative.

Had sex and there was a bit of spotting but nothing else...

Has anyone else had this problem., is it something I should be worried about.

Thanks 🙂

OP’s posts: |
HLW092 Sun 16-Feb-20 17:44:42

Hiyyaa
I came off mine last April and didn’t have a period til December. Have had another one since but they are still not regular at all but definitely improving.
However i’ve seen other ladies post on here and have been fine straight away. I think everyone is different. How long were you on the pill for? X

123newbie Sun 16-Feb-20 18:48:37

Hey smile, I was on it for 6 years, so I'm guessing it's my body getting back to natural, just so annoying I'm feeling these cramps and nothing x

HLW092 Sun 16-Feb-20 19:49:03

Yeah it’s the most frustrating thing isn’t it. Fingers crossed for you that everything will get back to normal very quickly smile x x

pbjsandwich Sun 16-Feb-20 19:55:41

Hello lovely,

When I came off my pill (microgynon) a few years ago it took around 7 months for my periods to come back to being regular.

Wasn't trying to conceive just didn't want to take the pill any more as my periods were changing, usually very regular and can be timed exactly.

Think it's different for everyone, maybe check with your doctors for a blood test to monitor your levels of various iron levels etc. Just in case anything is slightly off.

Good luck on your TTC journey! grin

123newbie Sun 16-Feb-20 20:03:31

Hey, thanks so much yeah I might just do that just to give my head peace lol smile x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in