Talk

Advanced search

Chances of getting pregnant on “2nd round”

(5 Posts)
Tayo23 Sat 15-Feb-20 10:19:32

Sorry if TMI, but last night my partner and I had oral sex and he ejaculated. And then had intercourse and around half an hour later, he ejaculated again inside me. It 16 days into my cycle and 14 days before AF is due, so likely to be ovulating.
I know there is obviously always a small chance of becoming pregnant, but has anyone ever gotten pregnant from the 2nd round of sperm? We are not TTC as such, but obviously not making any effort not to become pregnant and would welcome DC2 if it happened.

OP’s posts: |
PixieDustt Sat 15-Feb-20 10:50:49

In all honesty I didn't think it mattered? Semen is semen, no? That or I'm more uneducated than I thought.

BuffaloCauliflower Sat 15-Feb-20 11:07:56

It’s sperm. For a normally healthy man there shouldn’t be much trouble producing a good amount of sperm every time they ejaculate

Tayo23 Sat 15-Feb-20 11:19:52

Yes all normal and healthy. I’d just always heard that the amount of sperm was significantly lowered after the first time (in a short space of time, obviously) so just wondered.

OP’s posts: |
BuffaloCauliflower Sat 15-Feb-20 11:24:27

It’ll be lower but still millions and no reason a sperm from it couldn’t still get you pregnant

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in