Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal?

(5 Posts)
JeniRog Sat 15-Feb-20 10:16:52

Hello

Is it normal to get a positive pregnancy test in the morning and a negative in the afternoon?

I'm driving myself mad here, some say positive and then some say negative. I just want to know!!

Was supposed to get AF on Weds and no sign yet..

I'm new here so struggling to understand the word shortenings.. so far I get AF and TTC so if there's a list somewhere that would be great 😊😊

I did two tests this morning with a cheap brand from my local shop... think it was Medisure..?

Going to Tesco later to buy some more tests. Which do you all recommend please? Do you think I should test again this afternoon or wait until tomorrow morning?

Thank you smile

OP’s posts: |
itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sat 15-Feb-20 13:42:07

Mine fluctuated and were often darker later in the day - some people metabolise hcg that's been sitting in your bladder all night which is why they get a fainter test in the morning

I have to say though the last time I had this it ended in an ectopic pregnancy

JeniRog Sat 15-Feb-20 13:58:10

Thank you, I've bought a Tesco digi and a clear blue how many weeks so will try them in the morning x

YakkityYakYakYak Sat 15-Feb-20 14:45:03

Yes, I had this at the start. Definitely wait until the morning to test again, the hormone is most concentrated in your FMU (first morning urine) so is picked up more easily by the test.
Whilst false negatives can happen, false positives are rare so if you had a positive test this morning then it’s pretty certain that you are pregnant.

JeniRog Sat 15-Feb-20 14:55:15

Thank you... trying to stay positive confused

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in