Talk

Advanced search

Finally on clomid!

(6 Posts)
Twilight90 Fri 14-Feb-20 17:09:07

Hi, so I’m new to mums net!
Bit about my history - Been trying to conceive for 4 years now, had 4 miscarriages, each one a little further along, our last babe got to 10 weeks. Back and too for tests but the doctors refused to put me on clomid because of my weight (I’m a size 18) and told me I wasn’t eligible for IVF because I was getting pregnant (even though it’s taken months and months inbetween)
Lost weight and changed doctors!
I have PCOS and suspected Lupus.
Fiancé has high sperm count with high mobility (so It’s definitely me that’s the problem! 🙈)
They have finally put me on clomid and I’m 9dpo today. Tested this morning with a frer but it was a bfn!
Did anyone get pregnant on their first clomid cycle? X

Whitewitchwhispers Fri 14-Feb-20 17:13:08

Hi, so I’m new to mums net!
Bit about my history - Been trying to conceive for 4 years now, had 4 miscarriages, each one a little further along, our last babe got to 10 weeks. Back and too for tests but the doctors refused to put me on clomid because of my weight (I’m a size 18) and told me I wasn’t eligible for IVF because I was getting pregnant (even though it’s taken months and months inbetween)
Lost weight and changed doctors!
I have PCOS and suspected Lupus.
Fiancé has high sperm count with high mobility (so It’s definitely me that’s the problem! 🙈)
They have finally put me on clomid and I’m 9dpo today. Tested this morning with a frer but it was a bfn!
Did anyone get pregnant on their first clomid cycle? X

Whitewitchwhispers Fri 14-Feb-20 17:15:18

Sorry I don’t know what I’m doing! 😂😂 I changed my username and tryed to repost?

Noshowlomo Fri 14-Feb-20 17:17:23

No but I got pregnant on my second, and I am a size 20! I had been pregnant twice previously though, so they knew I could conceive but my ovulation was all over the place. But number 2 worked for me. Good luck!

Whitewitchwhispers Sat 15-Feb-20 07:28:07

That’s good to hear! I know I shouldn’t have got my hopes up but i just really wanted it to work first cycle!

Dinosauraddict Sat 15-Feb-20 07:31:53

I don't want to get your hopes up but clomid worked first time for me. I also had PCOS but had never managed to get pregnant before Clomid (was on metformin too but wasn't ovulating). I went private though so had a fully monitored cycle and also ovulation stimulation injections. I'm now 36 weeks pregnant! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »