Talk

Advanced search

Did I ovulate already...

(8 Posts)
AnxiousAnnie86 Fri 14-Feb-20 11:26:04

Hey I'm new to this ovulation tracking as my cycles have been all over since MC,

So I had two days flashing smileys, yest day I got a static and what I thought was positive opk strip, today my opk strips are no where near as dark.... ive been trying to get my head round temping too,is it right I only had positive opks for one day?? Temp chart attached x

OP’s posts: |
AnxiousAnnie86 Fri 14-Feb-20 11:46:36

Including today's opk results

YouBoggleMyMind Fri 14-Feb-20 11:53:18

OPKs give a rough 24 hours heads up and the temp rise will be the confirmation of ovulation. I'd say you'll likely ovulate today or tomorrow with your temp continuing to rise and stay up. I'm no expert but that's how I interpret what I can see on your chart. Good luck!

AnxiousAnnie86 Fri 14-Feb-20 11:54:52

@YouBoggleMyMind thanks so much for your reply! Does opks drop back down again before ovulation actually happens?

YouBoggleMyMind Fri 14-Feb-20 11:59:15

You tend to get a peak once so yes, that would make sense.
I'd expect your BBT temp to continue to rise and stay up over the next 14 days (roughly) past ovulation. It may well dip after this if you have not conceived and your period is on its away.

Livingmagicallyagain Fri 14-Feb-20 12:00:33

Looks like ovulation day is the day with the darker purple bar.

Yes, OPKs can do you negative after the surge (so your positive OPK will be 24+ hours roughly before you actually ovulate).

YouBoggleMyMind Fri 14-Feb-20 12:04:03

Your OPK is picking up a acute rise in LH and that triggers ovulation. Once you ovulate, progesterone is released and this is what makes your BBT rise/stay risen unless you have not conceived, in which case it'll drop and that's when your period comes. This is a very rough explanation.

YouBoggleMyMind Fri 14-Feb-20 12:04:55

an* 🙄 sorry.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in