Talk

Advanced search

Thought there was no chance I could be pregnant, was on holiday had alcohol have woke up feeling a bit pregnant please be kind I'm really nervous

(10 Posts)
butterflylove81 Sat 08-Feb-20 14:39:38

So i was talking folic acid first month of trying wanted to do everything right. Had a positive on an ovulation stick dtd then a few hours later the stick was negative the following day I got a hospital letter saying my prolactin levels were high which can make conception difficult we were due to go on holiday I genuinely thought I didn't ovulate and not much chance I'd conceive another child first month with those blood results husband said you're not pregnant and you conceived on honeymoon last time and all was ok so I had alcohol for four days. I woke up on the 5th day of our holiday 6 days after we dtd and realised how silly it was to believe I couldn't be pregnant and I feel horrific. I feel guilty and I wanted to be pregnant so much I've been crying. I had a funny twinge 6 days post ovulation and since then have a funny feeling I might be and I feel like a terrible mum. I really know I shouldn't have had a drop of alcohol if I was ttc but I genuinely felt so upset about my blood results I thought it would never happen certainly not first month. I can test in 3 days I want to be happy if it's positive but at present I feel like I've messed up massively and am making myself feel awful that I'll have done some long term harm. I don't know what I'm looking for really maybe someone to say they conceived on a holiday and all was ok or should I just hope it's negative this month I just feel a bit lost.

Whyhaveidonethis Sat 08-Feb-20 14:43:19

Honestly, there is no need to worry. The baby is an egg at this point. It's not connected to your body nor feeding off you. Stop worrying and enjoy your holiday.

ParkheadParadise Sat 08-Feb-20 14:50:51

I was 5mths pregnant with dd2 when i found out.
We had been on several holidays, alcohol everyday.
I was doing everything I normally did. No folic acid.
Dd was born on her due date healthy.

BigusBumus Sat 08-Feb-20 14:53:50

Millions of babies are born absolutely healthy after their mothers drank in early pregnancy before they knew.

I hope you're pregnant but you really do need to chill on the guilt front if you can. Parenthood is difficult enough at times, do t add to your guilt laid unnecessarily.

mynameiscalypso Sat 08-Feb-20 14:54:56

Who says you shouldn't have alcohol when TTC? There's no evidence to support that (so long as you're drinking within sensible limits obviously). I didn't realise I was pregnant for a couple of weeks because I assumed my symptoms (upset stomach, nausea, tiredness) were a result of a constant mild hangover as it was over Christmas and I was pretty much drinking every day. DS is fine. Even if you are pregnant, nothing crosses over to the baby for several weeks yet.

bitheby Sat 08-Feb-20 14:55:27

By the way that's totally normal for the OPK to be negative a few hours later or the next day. It's detecting a surge in hormone pre ovulation so once the surge has happened the hormone level drops again and gives you a negative test. That's why it's good to test regularly in case you miss it.

BikeRunSki Sat 08-Feb-20 14:59:38

I found out I was about 4 weeks of pg in the middle of January one year. I had had a rip roaring Christmas and Nee Year with a very large amount of alcohol involved. The child in question in 11.5 had string as an ox and pretty bright too.

butterflylove81 Sat 08-Feb-20 15:21:14

Oh thanks guys I have anxiety to be honest I think I conceived on honeymoon with my first as I was so relaxed she's the brightest tool in the box. It's just I'm a few days away from testing and I have to admit I thought the levels on my blood test meant I'd probably never conceive again as I'm 38 so not 25 I chilled out a bit too much I think but then just realised how much I'd love another baby and if it happens to be positive out of some sorry of fate I just wanted to feel happy with myself that I've not made a terrible mistake in enjoying my holiday x

butterflylove81 Sat 08-Feb-20 15:51:03

*Sort of not sorry

butterflylove81 Fri 14-Feb-20 23:06:47

I'm so grateful for all this advice as I got a bfp on Valentine's Day!! I'm shock I've phoned my gp she told me everything will be fine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »