Talk

Advanced search

First time trying - looking for advice

(4 Posts)
lsmbx Sat 08-Feb-20 11:12:47

Hi!

My partner and I have decided to start trying for a baby, I am completely over the moon! I haven't been on contraception since October as I wasn't getting on with any types of contraception so we decided to use condoms instead.

We have been planning things and decided to start trying from April, I already track my cycles and ovulation so hopefully we get lucky and catch pretty quickly but obviously you never know!

I have ordered some folic acid and vitamin D tablets, I've heard about wellman tablets for my partner but he reckons if we are having trouble conceiving then that's when he should take them and to see how things go.

Is there anything else you would recommend that I do or take? TIA!! grin

OP’s posts: |
2020journey Sat 08-Feb-20 13:44:53

Hey, we are similar to you, we will be starting next cycle at the end of March. I've been tracking my cycles for a little while so have a good idea of what's going on, also hoping for a quick catch but aware this is unrealistic! I've been doing a lot of research on what to try. Have got vitamins too as well as ovulation tests and considering a fertility cup too.

karenkeys Sat 08-Feb-20 14:15:03

Hi @lsmbx welcome to TTC. I started TTC last month for the first time. You’re right on track with getting the folic acid and vitamin D. Those are all you really need at first.

One thing I can recommend to you from my first cycle is please try not to test early while your in the 2 week wait after ovulation. I had a faint positive on my test I took a few days before my period was due and then the next I took was fainter. Today I’ve got my period and realised I’ve had a chemical pregnancy and we’re both feeling quite upset as we spent days believing our life was about to change. I don’t want anyone to feel the same so I’d recommend trying to hold off until your period is late if you can. It’s likely just as stressful continually seeing negative results too.

Otherwise just DTD every other day when your period is finished for a good week or so. Good luck and hopefully you have a quick journey to pregnancy smile

Whynosnowyet Sat 08-Feb-20 14:21:33

Don't tell anyone you are ttc. Puts you and dh under even more pressure..
And don't involve dh with timing /tracking and all the tech stuff. The pressure for Him to perform will be great!!
And enjoy yourself! Sex needs to be fun not perfunctual...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in