Talk

Advanced search

The Kalahari Bonging School for Men (No1 Babies Detective Agency pt2)

(281 Posts)
nomoremagnolia Sun 02-Sep-07 20:50:41

New thread - hopefully you'll be able to load it better now Ready

poppy34 Sun 02-Sep-07 20:53:25

pmsl -fantastic title grin

nomoremagnolia Sun 02-Sep-07 20:53:33

Have been working on the title for a few days blush Hope you like it

JackieNo Sun 02-Sep-07 20:56:56

I thought it said 'bonking'blush. (or is that the point?)

nomoremagnolia Sun 02-Sep-07 21:00:12

One of our girls meant to type 'bding' but typed 'bonging' instead, which we liked as a halfway house between bonking and bding. So yes and no!

nomoremagnolia Sun 02-Sep-07 21:03:28

Think it was © toomuch

PiggyPenguin Sun 02-Sep-07 21:57:09

Hey, fab title, and good to see people around again, how has everyone been?

mistlethrush Mon 03-Sep-07 09:14:43

Hi everyone. Very busy weekend, so no chance to see how everyone is I'm afraid. Lots of broken nights again (2 nights over weekend, up 2x each night, although no problems last night) so not much action as I'm verging on asleep by the time dh comes to bed. Hoping for an earlier night this evening!

Hope the positive feelings have good results for everyone this month.

nomoremagnolia Mon 03-Sep-07 09:24:34

I'm feeling much better now, sorry you're so shattered MT DH was very restless last night, so I know how you feel this morning Didn't get much bonging done over the right days this month, so here's hoping for rambo sperm this month How's everyone else this morning?

toomuchtimeonline Mon 03-Sep-07 10:09:21

Morning all!! Yay for the new thread - I couldn't get on all weekend because of the size of the old one - so you read my mind!! And feel a bit famous too since my new word is in the title! Great title nomore !

Hope you are all ok! Glad you're feeling a bit better Nomore

Sorry to hear your tired MT can you maybe get some catnaps today?

My temp fell this morning so AF is on her way sad I knew we hadn't bonged at the right time this month but I had a secret hope for "rambo" sperm <love the new term nomore> - so I'm rolling towards cycle 4!

<too much waves to everyone and then goes off to make a cup of tea as she's gagging>

nomoremagnolia Mon 03-Sep-07 10:12:42

I'm afraid it's not my term toomuch it was greedy who coined that one!

gillydaffodil Mon 03-Sep-07 10:21:16

Message withdrawn

mistlethrush Mon 03-Sep-07 11:00:04

gilly - sympathise as also mc in Oct - although its not as bad when you already have wonderful dc (had one pre ds, so know how awful that is too) - problem was that had 2 months + complete panic as worried that mp coming back - got to the stage that was so convinced that I was wondering how to go about sorting a rota out so that grandparents could come and help out when chemo floored me every 2 weeks for a week...

Did suggest to dh that we should consider starting to try again (I haven't not been trying, but he hasn't been cooperating that makes it a bit difficult!)(and arrival of af every month not surprising)

Its just that the clocks ticking...

gillydaffodil Mon 03-Sep-07 14:14:29

Message withdrawn

Ready Mon 03-Sep-07 14:57:06

Love the new title. Thanks so much for the new thread I was getting withdrawal symptoms wink nomore you are a star! Hope things are ok with you and your family.

Thanks for the good wishes Gilly - nothing sorted, still I am hoping that I am going to be rewarded for waiting for everything and then everything will all come at once. Move out, DH sorted, BFP grin - How lovely you had a meet up! I am looking forward to us all meeting with our babies in our prams!

How is everyone else? I am a bit out of the loop because of the broadband probs, and when we move, hopefully next week, we will be without internet for I don't know how long. So I will be thinking of you all, and will be back as soon as I can grin

gillydaffodil Mon 03-Sep-07 15:21:10

Message withdrawn

BabyBratt Mon 03-Sep-07 18:42:22

Hello Ladies

Hope everyone is well, I've just got back from a week in Menorca. It was just what I needed.

Love the new thread. Hope everyone is well and I hope I haven't missed too much.

What do people think about naming ceremonies? has anyone ever been to one? or do you think a traditional christening is best?

I love your shopping list Gilly.

I have everything crossed for those rambo sperms.

Just a little update I try not to talk about it too much as I don't want to tempt fate but I am 7 weeks, I am really poorly but loving it. Everytime I am sick I see that as good sign. My boobs are really hurting. Anyway that is enough of that.

Hope your not off line for too long Ready.

nomoremagnolia Mon 03-Sep-07 21:20:29

Glad you're all liking the new thread, I'm already working on the title of the next one (someone better tell Alexander McCall Smith to write some more books, I think we're going to get through the titles quicker than he can write them ) i'm afraid they're not in chronological order as I couldn't do much with 'Tears of the Giraffe' (and wanted to use the 'bonging' one wink)

nomoremagnolia Mon 03-Sep-07 21:27:02

gilly thanks for not leaving me on my own with the shopping - now how about the rest of you? What were the bad reviews for the loola - was it just the basket or was there more? [curious]

toomuch sorry the bitch is on her way

Hi BB can't believe it's 7 weeks already - not much longer til you'll be having your 12 week scan

sybil after our discussion last week about beauty and the beast, I have dug it out to watch tomorrow night when DH is out!

gillydaffodil Tue 04-Sep-07 09:34:49

Message withdrawn

mistlethrush Tue 04-Sep-07 11:02:47

We had (have) a mountain buggy. Absolutely superb. Used from 3 wks with blanket for extra padding underneath - lays flat enough. Goes over anything that we've tried it on - foot high grass, foot deep puddles and mud etc. Easy to put raincover over (30sec max if rolled up on handles). You can get a 'shade-a-babe' that fits over for sun protection - so much more practical than a parasol thing as entirely covered with mesh of different densities - can see out but good sun protection. The only drawback is that its quite long to fold, and not great to put on the bus unless its one of the ones you can just wheel on to. Not using it very much anymore as ds is now up to about 2.5miles (2.5 months!)

Re buggies that have car seat attachments - remember that you're recommended not to leave them in car seat for longer than 1.5hrs at a time - by the time you've got there and gone out, will you have time to do what you want to do and get home within 1.5hrs? Didn't have any problems moving ds from car seat into buggy and back - if asleep, went straight back to sleep in buggy or car when movement started.

Christening - we had ds done at 3 months as part of service at local CofE church that I go to on and off (has great junior church, just had a bit of a break over the summer to get to grips with potty training - don't want to have to take potty into church with me....). Ds wore his great-grandfather's christening robe (about 3' long, comes with separate petticoat). Small affair - only relevant parties and close relations invited.

Ready Tue 04-Sep-07 12:45:25

Hello! I have been able to get on today with little trouble (touch wood)... But then I wished I hadn't because I saw the "got BFP,not sure how I feel and DH isn't going to be happy" and my blood boiled. I know it is wrong for me to be like this... but why are there so many of us crying out for our babies... and others fall pg without really wanting it.

On that note, I better go... don't want to bring the thread down any more than I have.

<Ready wanders off muttering to herself>

blush

gillydaffodil Tue 04-Sep-07 14:02:46

Message withdrawn

nomoremagnolia Tue 04-Sep-07 18:41:53

Ready ((hugs)) that's what we're here for - support.

Gilly thanks for the loola link - the only reviews I'd seen were commenting on the small/inaccessible basket - not the frame/build quality. At least it shows the advantage of researching all this before DC arrive wink So my buggy search continues...

MT Agree with you on car seat - it's a seat for in the car, not a baby carrier. One friend put her baby in one to walk to another friends house (in the same street) for coffee, then left baby in car seat on the floor for the whole morning. Baby was asleep, but even so...

kensgirl Tue 04-Sep-07 19:42:43

Ha! There you all are - but I found you. Why do the thread title always change when I'm not here - is there something you are all not telling me hmm....?
love the title though, Gold Star Award to Nomore smile

Ready and Gilly, I know, I know <sigh]... it does push the point home a bit. It will be our turn soon, if there is the balance in the world that Gilly mentions.

I had horrible day yesteday if it helps, it was my first day back in work after the summer hols, and the first anniversary of my dads death. Then, in work, a friend thinks she's pg, 1st month, and moaning because she didn't want it to happen that quickly angry. I felt like stamping on her toes, and screaming she didn't know how lucky she was. AARRgghh!! vent over.

Hi Mistle thrush, hows things? Ds christening sounds lovely, but the buggy too energetic. I'd have to go walking and everything with one of those. And it is a bit OTT for shopping at the Trafford Centre.wink

BB, Sybil - hello!

Gilly, I love your 2 crib ideas, very nice indeed.

Nomore, I'm not ignoring your shopping wishlist, there are so many things I'd love I think I'm spoiled for choice! I've become a bit superstitous in my old age though, and ama bit scared of tempting fate.....crazy, I know!! hmm blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now