Talk

Advanced search

How many dpo did you get a bfp?

(6 Posts)
Maybemumma Wed 05-Feb-20 12:28:25

Hi ladies, looking for some advice.

My husband and I have been ttc for 6 months now with no luck. Using an ovulation test I ovulated around day 16 of a usually 28 day cycle. This month af arrived bang on date but was very very light and brown. This went on for two days and has now completely stopped.

I’ve taken a test and it was a bfn but wondering what could be going on! Clutching at straws probably

OP’s posts: |
maria2bela Wed 05-Feb-20 12:44:43

When was your af? Could have been implantation bleeding but you'd need to leave it a couple of days after the bleeding to get a bfp...Could also just be a dodgy cycle, even the most regular women get an odd off cycle here and there. Test again in 2 days x

Maybemumma Wed 05-Feb-20 12:57:01

Thanks for replying! Af started Monday (day 28). So I’m thinking too late for implantation bleeding but then again my ovulation date was later than most. AF has come to nothing, more spotting. It’s usually really heavy from the get go.

maria2bela Wed 05-Feb-20 15:55:50

Implantation can indeed happen around time of your due period. I would wait another 2 days and retest if still no proper af, if still a bfn and your period hasn't shown up, ask your gp for a blood test and discuss possibilities of your abnormal spotting

Maybemumma Wed 05-Feb-20 16:29:15

Thank you, I will. I hate the guessing!

Chanel05 Wed 05-Feb-20 17:48:43

I got a bfp at 10dpo on a cheapie.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in