Talk

Advanced search

OPKs to indicate pregnancy

(13 Posts)
jennylouisaa Mon 03-Feb-20 18:48:08

Hi everyone.

I'm on cd29 of cycle 10 TTC number 1. My cycles range from 28-32 days. I don't have any HPTs in the house so took an OPK as I've heard they can indicate pregnancy. The line is darker than I'd expect at this time of the month. Could this mean something or am I reading into it too much?

OP’s posts: |
bitheby Mon 03-Feb-20 19:13:09

That looks like quite a dark line to me considering this is post ovulation and pre AF. I'm no expert but I'd want to do a pregnancy test as soon as poss.

lewk Mon 03-Feb-20 19:32:01

Sorry but mine have looked like that when I am post-ovulation too. It's certainly not a positive ovulation test, and it's normal for LH to fluctuate throughout the cycle. I'd just nip out and get a pregnancy test when you can to find out one way or the other.

BethJade Mon 03-Feb-20 19:33:29

I was reading into this last night and apparently the test has to be postive for it to be a possibility, but that's just Dr Google! Hope it means good news for you xxx

Michette Mon 03-Feb-20 23:09:35

First month i used opks mine was like this at 12 dpo and two days later at 14 dpo super dark positive instantly and i did a frer which was light positive...
I was pregnant...

Wish it’s the same outcome for you!

Tmnmpa1 Mon 03-Feb-20 23:26:48

This happened me as well and I was pregnant. Good luck and keep us posted!

jennylouisaa Tue 04-Feb-20 08:09:12

Thanks for your replies everyone. It looks as though AF has arrived this morning sadso looks like it can mean something or nothing!

Booona19 Tue 04-Feb-20 08:09:49

This is how I found out I was pregnant, twice! I used these before AF was due and they got darker as time went on. And they started out just like yours, good luck op buy a frer and keep us posted smile

zogezellig Tue 04-Feb-20 08:25:59

They are notorious for false positives, thats why they aren't pregnancy tests. I wish that this myth would just stop, I've had more than one friend in tears by using them as not intended.

jennylouisaa Tue 04-Feb-20 10:51:02

The plot thickens. I thought AF had arrived. Had a light bleed this morning and now it's completely stopped... which is unusual for me as CD1 is normally like that scene from the shining! I'm going to try and get a test this evening...

Katie1109 Tue 04-Feb-20 18:32:26

Hi op, I was wondering what your outcome was?

jennylouisaa Tue 04-Feb-20 20:03:35

@Katie1109 unfortunately it's a BFN for me... AF also feels like she's on her way back too!

waitingformyturn Tue 04-Feb-20 20:03:39

I had this a few days ago got my hopes up and af arrived today 😞

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in