Talk

Advanced search

Irregular period, or cause for concern?

(4 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

mrsjturner90 Mon 03-Feb-20 12:59:01

Hello, my first time posting on here!

I'm looking for a bit of advice from anyone who may have gone through something similar to this. My husband and I have been TTC for the first time for around 6 months. I came off the pill around 9 months ago and since then my period has ran like clockwork - arrives on the exact day it's due then lasts 4-6 days, not too light or heavy, then stops. This month however has been a bit different... my period was due today (3rd Feb) but a week ago today I had dark, thick blood when I wiped. I found this worrying as, like I say I'm normally regular and my period wasn't due for another week, so I phoned my GP who wasn't very helpful and told me it sounded like my period had just started early. Throughout the day though, I just had dark brown when I wiped and nothing more. This continued until Saturday morning when I wiped and had blood that was a bit brighter and had clotted a bit... Then again nothing else all day other than dark brown when I wiped. Yesterday and today have been exactly the same - a bit brighter and gloopier (sorry if TMI!) then nothing but either brown, light pink or nothing at all when I wipe.

I've read up on implantation bleeding and to begin with thought it may be that, but I'm thinking it's now maybe gone on too long to be that...

I'm just wondering if this sounds like my period has just gone a bit funny or if this is something I should be concerned about? Or any other suggestions, really!

TIA! x

OP’s posts: |
LouMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Feb-20 16:27:55

We hope someone's along soon with some advice, @mrsjturner90 - best of luck flowers

Candycoatedwaterdrops30 Thu 06-Feb-20 18:16:50

I personally have no experience of this implantation bleeding/spotting so don't really have any advice. Have you taken a pregnancy test? That would probably be my first action in this scenario as you say AF was due on 3rd..? As most tests can detect from first day of missed period (although obv check the instructions) at least this may help put your mind at rest a bit.

Candycoatedwaterdrops30 Thu 06-Feb-20 18:24:53

I personally have no experience of this so don't really have any advice. Have you taken a pregnancy test? That would probably be my first action in this scenario as you say AF was due on 3rd..? As most tests can detect from first day of missed period (although obv check the instructions) at least this may help put your mind at rest a bit.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in