Talk

Advanced search

First month of ttc

(309 Posts)
abby25 Thu 30-Jan-20 08:21:41

Hey girls... thought I'd make a new post I'm struggling to find new ones πŸ˜‚ I'm 28 nearly 29 and my other half is also the same age! I'm currently on my period and this is the month we have decided to start trying! I'm so excited but also do not want to get my Hope's up as I know it can be a very long journey to get that BFP! Anyone else trying this month? I'm looking to get ovulation sticks to increase my chances xxx

biscuit13 Thu 30-Jan-20 09:07:42

Hi @abby25, we stopped using condoms last month as husband didnt want to label it as "trying", but he was disappointed when I got my period. So this month we've decided to start trying properly. So technically this is cycle 2 but, cycle 1 of properly trying. I'm in CD6 and I've got the clear blue digital advanced ready to start next Monday. I used this last month as it was really good, my cycles are quite different so wanted to know when I'm ovulating. Fingers crossed for us smile

Daisy2206 Thu 30-Jan-20 22:36:49

Hi girls! We started trying last month. I'm expecting AF on 5th Feb. Trying to keep telling myself that it probably won't happen straight away, but it's still hard not to think that it could!

BabyKnighty1 Fri 31-Jan-20 04:19:07

Our first month too and expecting my AF on the 4th Feb, so hard not to test! Also not really sure when I ovulated or if we caught it. I think I’ll buy the clear blue ovulation kit next month if I don’t end up being pregnant this round

Daisy2206 Fri 31-Jan-20 13:37:40

BabyKnighty1 it's such a difficult wait isn't it! I do really feel for those that have had to do this for months and months!

bobbledob Fri 31-Jan-20 13:53:42

Hey first month here too ☺️ AF is due on the 11th! We used the clear blue sticks so hoping we dtd at the right time. Just so tempting to take a test even though I know there's no point yet!

Daisy2206 Fri 31-Jan-20 14:33:35

I did a cheapy test today as I have been getting sone cramps and lower back pain)(thinking it could be implantation as AF 6 days away) and it has a faint line... I know I'm gonna have to wait a couple of days to test again to be 100% but I have everything crossed!

bobbledob Fri 31-Jan-20 18:03:35

@Daisy2206 everything crossed for you! ☺️

Nora11 Fri 31-Jan-20 18:11:11

It's our first month trying too! My period finished a few days ago and now on CD7... Super impatient for some sign of ovulation! πŸ˜‚ Its going to be a long month.. Like you @abby25 feeling excited and hopeful for this month even though I know it can take a long time. Good luck to those of you expecting AF soon... Fingers crossed for a positive test instead!

KateJ59 Fri 31-Jan-20 18:46:07

Hi there all. My first month trying ever.

Now the weekend is here I keep toying in my mind shall I just buy one more extra test to use this weekend and then do it on Monday again when it says I can early. af is due on Thursday but man, I've been having cramps every day, heartburn at points and TMI but my cervix is high up there with some watery and now today creamy discharge. I also woke up on Thursday morning at 430 am feeling really naseous for about an hour. HELP I HATE THIS already and it's only month one, it's also making me want wine even more πŸ˜‚.

How are you all doing. Wishing everyone so much luck x

abby25 Sat 01-Feb-20 03:37:57

Yayyy I'm so glad I not alone 🀣 I'm thinking of getting the clear blue ovulation sticks aswell they look a lot easier to use! My cycles are always between 29-39 days so I have been using the 'flo' app the last 6 months just to track my periods and try to get to know my body! It says this month I should start having sex on the 9th of this month till the 15th for the best chance of conceiving but il use the sticks aswell just to be more accurate! Baby dust to all of us we can do this! Xxx

abby25 Sat 01-Feb-20 03:45:03

And I'm going to definitely be stick obsessed so get ready for the impatient moaning each month 🀣 good luck to all of you who are in the 2ww I'm going to try not to order pregnancy tests until I'm due otherwise il end up doing one every morning 🀣 just dont want to disappoint myself and obviously dont want to get my other halfs hopes up! One of my best friends is due to have her baby in less then a week and now I feel like I'm obsessed with pregnancy! Been watching videos and all sorts on YouTube of ovulation and conception etc I need to stop it's not healthy πŸ˜‚ xxx

Daisy2206 Sat 01-Feb-20 08:08:41

@abby25 it's crazy how obsessed we get isn't it! I poas yesterday and had a faint positive with a cheapy, told myself I would test again Sunday... This morning I used a paper cup to pee in and used another cheapy, faint positive again, so decided to use a clear blue, faint positive again... Why i have felt the need to do 3 in 2 days I don't know?! I guess I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but equally 3 faint positives and the way I've been feeling tells me I probs am pregnant! I MUST/WILL wait until atleast Monday to use the digital one that comes up with the words pregnant/not pregnant!

abby25 Sat 01-Feb-20 12:11:48

@Daisy2206 omg!!!! Congratulations you're so lucky if it's happened on your first try! Got any tips? Haha xxx

Nora11 Sat 01-Feb-20 12:13:18

@abby25 you are not alone in the obsession! πŸ™ˆ I have been listening to podcasts like 'happy mum happy baby' and 'the positive birth podcast' as well as constantly googling about fertility and conception or reading this board! Need to chill out and find something else to focus on but it's so hard!

Nora11 Sat 01-Feb-20 12:15:11

@Daisy2206 ooh that is so exciting!! Congrats and yes any tips?? πŸ˜‚ Hope you get the BFP on Monday too but sure you will after 3 lines!

Eatsleepbakerepeat Sat 01-Feb-20 12:24:46

Hey hope you dont mine me joining
My first month of properly trying I would say
We didn't start last month but weren't overly looking at ovulation etc and didnt dtd too often whereas this month I've got some ovulation sticks and have been tracking things much closer not due to ovulate until about the 5th and hen af on the 20th
Last month I got a bit symptom spotting happy every little thing I was like oooo could it be and it wasnt this month I'm trying to tell myself I wont do the same but what are the chances πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

biscuit13 Sat 01-Feb-20 12:56:05

oh my goodness so glad im not the only one, husband keeps saying im obsessing over it because I read threads on here all the time. haha I cant help it.
im probabaly going to start my clear blue opk tomorrow because its the one where it has to get a baseline. also just got a basal thermometer too so going to give temping a try this month. ive told my husband that when I get a flashing smiley we're dtd every other day (no complaints there) and im going to use preseed too..... hope its not too much too soon? I just want it so bad smile

abby25 Sat 01-Feb-20 13:29:53

Ah I'm excited I need to calm down Haha I'm going to start trying on the 12th day which will be Saturday the 8th I dont know if I should just be at it as much as possible or if I should just have sex when i get my positive ovulation stick?! Is there such thing as over doing it? I dont want him running out of sperm 🀣🀣 xxx

gypsywater Sat 01-Feb-20 13:31:23

This is a dumb question but what actually "counts" as trying? Like how many times do you have to DTD for it to count that month?

abby25 Sat 01-Feb-20 13:40:03

So basically put effort in 🀣 like buy ovulation sticks etc and have sex at the right time etc xx

Daisy2206 Sat 01-Feb-20 14:26:14

Thank @abby25 and @Nora11 I have my fingers crossed for that BFP... Not sure I have any useful tips, except dtd at the right time πŸ˜‚ we just made sure we did it every day leading up to and just after ovulation xxx

Mc3209 Sat 01-Feb-20 17:08:43

First cycle too! Not expecting AF on 20th Feb, just about to enter fertile period. I've started tracking ovulation yesterday with cheapie LH sticks, but have been DTD every 2 days from CD3 grin Thinking of cranking that up to everyday around ovulation (I think my DH will be hiding from me by the end of this cycle grin)

abby25 Sat 01-Feb-20 17:46:14

I think that's what I might do! Just do ot everyday from day 12 and hope for the best 🀣 um so impatient aswell I dont know how I'm going to come with the 2ww 🀣🀣 xxx

Nora11 Sat 01-Feb-20 18:47:12

I am dreading the 2ww too @abby25 no idea how I will cope when I can't even wait a few days to ovulate πŸ˜‚ I'm not using ovulation sticks this month but I think I might do next month if necessary (hopefully not!) So we are throwing the net wide and going to try and do it at least every other day for most of the month if we can 🀣! Last month I had a bit of a twinge on one side and some spotting cd11 so I think that could have been ovulation though slightly earlier than predicted... Only a few days to go if so!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started Β»