Talk

Advanced search

HPT - ??evap lines

(9 Posts)
PT8998 Wed 29-Jan-20 12:11:32

Hi all,

I am new here, I am hoping to pick your brains and get some great words of wisdom.

I am currently approx 10-12DPO (last positive OPK was the Jan 16th) and I BD 13/15/16 around that time. I am now in the 2WW2, driving myself mad. I have PCOS, don't ovulate on my own, and require medication to produce a follicle. Over two bouts of fertility treatment spreading 10 years, this is my first confirmed ovulation. So this is all new to me!

I have the one-step pregnancy tests which I have been using most days. Even when it has been either too early/not FMU etc as they are cheap and I don't mind. I keep getting what looks like evap lines, but this has been from two different batches, but they come almost instantly after testing. I am not sure if this is just a vvvvfl and it'll go into anything at a later date?

I am having FRER tests being delivered today, so I can use one of them as I need to.

I am just basically looking for someone to put me out of my misery. I can't work out what it is that I am actually looking at!

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
cookielove Wed 29-Jan-20 12:15:40

Its hard without seeing images, however if there is a pink to the line it is not likely to be an evap!

Fx

PT8998 Wed 29-Jan-20 12:56:34

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't know how to add a pic, else I was going to post a few from the past few tests.

I just can't put my finger on whether it is an evap/grey line or if there is a hint of pink!

So frustrating! I just don't know likely it will be that the two batches will both produce grey lines within the allotted time.

cookielove Wed 29-Jan-20 18:02:15

You won't be able to for a few days if you are new, but soon a paperclip will appear under the text box just touch that and you can.

PT8998 Wed 29-Jan-20 18:36:26

I see!
I took a FRER, it come back negative.
I shall wait another 2/3 day’s and see how I get on? Thank you anyway!

KADAQ1 Wed 29-Jan-20 19:13:56

I Did a one step. 2 days before AF due. Can’t decide if it’s an evap or not

PT8998 Wed 29-Jan-20 19:56:04

That pic looks exactly like mine have been for the past 2/3 days. If I could post a pic, it would be almost the same as that one.

I am not sure anymore. Some say evap, others say it looks positive and to try a FRER as these are not reliable. I did that, came back with potential evap looking line an then I was told first response are rubbish.

But then people say digital aren’t reliable and blue dye tests aren’t to be trusted.

So I’m out. I don’t know what to do! I am just going to back off and wait and see whether my period comes along.

😂😂

KADAQ1 Wed 29-Jan-20 19:58:08

It’s horrible. When’s AF due?

PT8998 Wed 29-Jan-20 20:05:01

I don’t know. As I have PCOS, I don’t have normal cycles. I need medication to ovulate as it is. First ever confirmed ovulation this month, so I have no clue how my body will respond after regarding AF. I didn’t BBT and I logged positive OPK in an app and suggested as first day will be Saturday. But I literally have no idea.

My cycles before meds were years apart. Even with meds initially they were 50/60/70 days. So it’ll be a surprise AF, I’m sure!! 😂

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in