Advanced search

Fallopian tubes dye test

(3 Posts)
skh197 Tue 28-Jan-20 11:27:40

Hi all, I’m TTC for first time at 40, I’ve had the usual blood & ovulation tests and all reasonably normal, but a friend mentioned Fallopian tube dye test to see if any blockages. Does anyone know if NHS doctor would refer me for this at my age, and if not does anyone have any idea of the cost of this to go private? I’ve searched online but can’t really find any indication of the likely price!!

OP’s posts: |
Luz192 Tue 28-Jan-20 11:53:20

I've no idea about NHS (worth trying, unless you want speed) but I remember seeing this on some fertility test clinic websites, I think it's the Hycosy dye test, and if I remember correctly, is about £400-500.

skh197 Tue 28-Jan-20 20:55:20

@Luz192 thank you! I guess I should speak to my doctor in the first instance, it’s a lot of money potentially, but I would do my best to find it if needs be!x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in