Talk

Advanced search

TTC - bbt higher than normal during fertile days

(6 Posts)
BeckyP321 Fri 24-Jan-20 06:14:25

Me and my partner are TTC after a miscarriage last year.

We decided to leave it a while before trying again and I took the opportunity to monitor my bbt for 5 months to look for patterns.

This month, my bbt has been higher than normal around my fertile week. Normally, once I have finished my period, my temps will go down to 97.3, dropping to 97.1 for ovulation. So far this last week, my bbt has been 97.6, and so far no drop for ovulation (would expect to see something by now), even though I had an LH surge.

Does anyone know why my temps may be higher than normal? I’m not unwell, I haven’t been drinking the night before, i’m Taking my temps the same time each day. It’s just annoying that the month we start TTC my temps go out of pattern.

OP’s posts: |
danielasummer Fri 24-Jan-20 07:16:14

@BeckyP321 which CD are you on? Is it possible you ovulated earlier than you think and you are actually pregnant? How long have your temps been high for and are they above the coverline?

BeckyP321 Fri 24-Jan-20 09:38:07

@danielasummer Thank you so much for replying.

I’m currently on CD16 and my temperature is slightly below cover line. It’s so weird what is going on. My bbt is normally lower than this and even though i’ve had a LH surge, my bbt is still static and hasn’t increased.

BeckyP321 Fri 24-Jan-20 09:40:03

Just to add that over the last few days i’ve had twinges in lower abdomen, which I don’t normally get

danielasummer Fri 24-Jan-20 09:42:53

@BeckyP321 would you be able to post a photo of your chart?

Also, I'm so very sorry for your miscarriage and my apologies for not saying so in my previous message (I read it when I'd just woken up I think). I sadly know the pain all too well and wish every day I didn't have to go through that nightmare. Sending you strength through this TTC journey x

BeckyP321 Fri 24-Jan-20 10:36:38

@danielasummer Thank you so much. I’m sorry to hear you went through the same thing. I understand how difficult it is and I hope things work out for you aswell.

I don’t use the Fertility Friend app but I have attached my one which probably isn’t as good. The green dot means I had a positive OPK and we DTD on CD11, but no bbt rise. Would love to hear your thoughts x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in