Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to one step

(6 Posts)
Sparkle2020 Tue 21-Jan-20 23:05:58

Hi. Need an alternative to one steps. I’m sick of them as half the ones I open are all bumpy and scratched. Anyone know any other tests that are sensitive, cheap and reliable?

OP’s posts: |
Katnissx Wed 22-Jan-20 00:25:52

Not sure if you mean ovulation or HPTs, but I've recently started using Wondfo tests from amazon (got a pack that was 50 OPKs and 20 HPTs for something like £14). They are supposedly better than Onestep- someone commented they had tested with a Onestep and a Wondfo from the same urine pot and wondfo showed positive whereas Onestep was faint!
First month of using them and I got a positive ovulation which is the first time I have managed to get it on an OPK!

Sparkle2020 Wed 22-Jan-20 08:45:12

@Katnissx I meant pregnancy tests more than anything but thank you! I will give them a go, do you know their sensitivity?

Katnissx Wed 22-Jan-20 21:17:32

Ahh I see, I can't say from experience of getting a BFP from them, but they did have a lot of good reviews on amazon. I think they are 25mIU/ml. I used a couple Wondfo HPTs last month and when you open the pack it does look like there are already two faint lines on the dry stick, but once wet the second line disappears completely and is stark white. I'd had a problem with Onestep HPTs where I almost constantly was getting a super faint second line (even though actually BFN) or dye run, but the Wondfo seem much better for this. Hope that helps xx

Michette Wed 22-Jan-20 21:29:10

I use femometer and they re really good

Sparkle2020 Wed 22-Jan-20 22:48:44

@Katnissx oh great yeah I think that’s my problem too o thought I had a faint bfp this morning but bfn when I checked later onsad will get wondfos for next cycle! Thank you!

@Michette where do I get them from please?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in