Do evap lines ever get darker over time?

(17 Posts)
KerryTTC Thu 16-Jan-20 21:35:08

Hi all,

So this morning I took a clearblue ultra early test before work and I'm pretty sure I saw a faint line. I've come back from work and looked at the test and the line is darker blue and prominent. I know you shouldn't read tests after the time window but my question is if this morning what I saw was an evap line then would it have gotten darker in colour over time? Or did i actually see a positive this morning?

Here is a pic of it this evening, forgot to take one this morning as was in a rush for work!

OP’s posts: |
Whyhaveidonethis Thu 16-Jan-20 21:38:02

Personally I wouldn't trust it, however I have occasionally found on FRER that the line Kind of solidifies a while later and is easier to see. Other times it's disappeared more! Good luck. Try tomorrow? How many days po are you?

Dhautumn Thu 16-Jan-20 21:38:36

Hi, i dont have the answer but I'm in the same boat as you. I took a first response this morning and it was very very faint but once it dried it was a definite line, so I'm interested to hear the answers.

Sorry to jump on your post!

R2D2abc Thu 16-Jan-20 21:48:57

Your test has blue in it, looks promising to me.

I would definitely retest, doesn't look like an evap.

KerryTTC Sat 18-Jan-20 18:13:58

Hi, thanks ladies. I did bought a Frer today and did one about 5PM and it came up what appears to be positive.... attached is a photo!

But I did do a CB digital and that came up not pregnant 🤔

didslysquiddlydoo Sat 18-Jan-20 18:17:45

I can see a line on both! When is your period due? It's looking positive for you...! Xx

Michellebops Sat 18-Jan-20 18:30:06

Congratulations
Clear blue digitals are not as sensitive as frer so I'm not surprised is not a positive result.

Advertisement

KerryTTC Sat 18-Jan-20 18:42:35

Thanks! Not sure how I feel about it, was planned but now its happened so fast I've freaked put a little!

Af due today but no sign as of yet! Not even had cramps or feel like I'm about to get a visit 🤔

R2D2abc Sat 18-Jan-20 21:09:01

I would take those tests as positive.

The digital test would come negative for me too when AF was due. I'm 25 weeks now.

Sparkle2020 Sat 18-Jan-20 22:17:07

I would take those as positive!

Eli1982 Tue 19-Jan-21 22:37:13

Hi ladies

Sorry to jump on this post but I’ve had the same today with a test and wondering what everyone thinks, will upload a picture x

Babyplease01 Sun 08-Aug-21 09:07:31

Heya, I took a test this morning. Period due today and I wasn't sure if I could see something but now it looks like the photo. Is just an EVAP or false linr

tanglee1 Sat 11-Sep-21 13:19:28

hi! i took a test this morning before work, completely forgot about it and came home, checked it and it looked like this. so not sure if it could be an evap line? do evap lines get this dark? sorry, this is my first time using a pregnancy test so not sure what to think 🙂

tanglee1 Sat 11-Sep-21 13:20:22

sorry i don’t know how to post a picture with it, but the line was faint when i first checked and now its a little darker.

Kerrymorr29 Sun 10-Oct-21 20:21:49

Hi ladies. Need help is this an evap line or a positive, I'm so confused

Nattc Thu 14-Oct-21 13:42:30

@Kerrymorr29 looks like a positive to me smile

BobbyT85 Sat 16-Oct-21 20:28:47

Hi sorry to jump on this thread I’m currently nearly 2 weeks late clear blue tests are showing this within the time frame first response was negative what do you’d think?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in