Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding with positive test

(3 Posts)
Kayleejay Wed 15-Jan-20 06:54:50

I had this test this morning and we were so excited then at midday today I had lots of fresh blood. Similar to my period. Has anyone had that and still kept their pregnancy?
I am feeling a bit sad. My period would be due tomorrow.

Whyhaveidonethis Wed 15-Jan-20 07:07:13

Hiya @Kayleejay sadly it's too early to say. Lots of women have bleeding in early pregnancy but equally lots including myself have bfp and then it results in a chemical pregnancy. Can you see a doctor for a hcg blood test? Hugs, I know how stressful this is

Kayleejay Wed 15-Jan-20 07:28:08

@Whyhaveidonethis wow. Thankyou for replying. It is a bit stressful. And so disheartening. Weve has a miscarriage a few years back at 11wks. But We've only been trying recently for 5 months and this was our first positive. I'm sorry to hear you've been through this.
I had an appt booked for tomorrow with my GP. Maybe they'll send me for a test just to be sure.
How common is a chemical pregnancy? Its been such a roller coaster of a day. I had never heard of them until this week!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »