Talk

Advanced search

Getting tipsy after one drink a sign of early pregnancy?

(11 Posts)
ellabars Tue 14-Jan-20 20:02:18

It's funny how when trying to get pregnant, you think every different symptom could be that you are.

But I had one small (330ml) can of cider and I'm already tipsy. This never happens. Anyone think it could be a sign?

annualleavepurchase Tue 14-Jan-20 21:51:09

No, you're probably either tired, dehydrated or haven't eaten enough.

loutypips Tue 14-Jan-20 21:55:42

Nope. And if you suspect you are pregnant then why are you drinking alcohol?

annualleavepurchase Tue 14-Jan-20 22:17:28

Nope. And if you suspect you are pregnant then why are you drinking alcohol?

People can be ttc for years, should they give up having even 1 drink in the meantime?

loutypips Tue 14-Jan-20 22:23:12

Well, seeing as alcohol can reduce fertility then avoiding it when ttc is surely best?

ittooshallpass Tue 14-Jan-20 22:41:36

I was absolutely wasted on a couple of drinks. Literally falling down drunk. I couldn't understand why I felt so, so drunk on so little. My partner at the time was not impressed and asked what the hell was wrong with me. Turned out I was pregnant.

annualleavepurchase Tue 14-Jan-20 22:54:40

Well, seeing as alcohol can reduce fertility then avoiding it when ttc is surely best?

Op had one small can of cider. She's hardly swallying straight vodka by the bottle hmm

ellabars Wed 15-Jan-20 09:16:16

@ittooshallpass I've seen a few people online have also had this. Fingers crossed I am. Would feel guilty about the cider though lol 🤞

ellabars Wed 15-Jan-20 09:17:40

@annualleavepurchase thank you for your support on this thread smile if I am pregnant I will, of course, feel guilty. But as you said, one small can probably isn't anything to worry about 🤞

annualleavepurchase Wed 15-Jan-20 09:31:01

It definitely isn't anything to worry about op. I hope you get a bfp

ellabars Thu 16-Jan-20 14:01:41

@annualleavepurchase me too!! Thank you so much x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »