Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation experts

(9 Posts)
PutOnAHappyFace Tue 14-Jan-20 14:27:03

I got a positive ovulation test today with some slight pink spotting and sharp cramps on my left side. Does this mean I am ovulating right now/within the next few hours or 24 hours?

We are giving this baby making lark till April so I feel like I want to be giving it our all till then.

Ele38 Wed 15-Jan-20 00:00:53

Usually when you get a positive opk you will ovulate in between 12-36 hours so have sex today and the next 3 days that's what I did and now 6 months pregnant. Wishing you all the best. X

PutOnAHappyFace Wed 15-Jan-20 05:45:28

Thank you for the info, really helpful.

And congratulations on your pregnancy.

MsChatterbox Wed 15-Jan-20 07:00:12

As pp said. But also try to dtd as opk starts to get darker too so you have sperm ready and waiting for egg in case you ovulate quickly. Obviously this info is only useful if you're not successful this cycle!

PutOnAHappyFace Wed 15-Jan-20 08:38:27

Thanks for the advice.

I had a MMC last July and never got opks this dark or had the obvious pain and spotting. Ive tried the calm chilled no opk months but it just doesn't seem to be doing the trick. So thought I'd try the obsessing over little sticks way.

MsChatterbox Wed 15-Jan-20 10:42:46

Sorry to hear about your MMC. I find I'm more chilled with opks. I know when I need to dtd, I know when I can expect AF. I hate just waiting and guessing!

PutOnAHappyFace Wed 15-Jan-20 13:36:11

Oh that's a good point about knowing when to expect your period actually. Thanks for the advice, I sometimes feel I can Google for hours and find 10 different people saying 10 different things.

MsChatterbox Wed 15-Jan-20 17:02:18

Definitely you can! Because if someone has a successful cycle they will believe its everything they did but sometimes its a bit of chance lol!!

PutOnAHappyFace Wed 15-Jan-20 18:34:53

I starting to think it's just pot luck. Nothing to do with science haha.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »