Talk

Advanced search

Cycles getting worryingly short, will LP be long enough for implantation?

(7 Posts)
Nat4392 Mon 13-Jan-20 07:49:05

Hi, I’ve been TTC since October. I was on the pill for 9 years before that. (Previous cycles were only 21 days). My cycles are getting shorter and I’m getting worried that my LP is going to be too short to allow implantation to occur.
First cycle (didn’t track ovulation) 26 days
Second cycle ovulated day 17, 28 day cycle
Third cycle ovulated day 15, 25 day cycle
Fourth cycle ovulated day 13, 23 day cycle.

That just leaves around 10 days for my luteal phase. Considering implantation could take up to 12 days, I’m just worried that it might affect my chances TTC.

Does anyone else have cycles like this? Or managed to get pregnant?

I know 4 months TTC isn’t very long but it just concerns me.
TIA

Nat4392 Tue 14-Jan-20 17:27:59

Bump

Whyhaveidonethis Tue 14-Jan-20 18:17:30

Under 10days is considered short. 10-16 days is normal

Judgybitch Tue 14-Jan-20 18:22:37

My situation was almost identical op. Stopped pill after 10 years or so. Period came back 24/25 days long plus much much lighter.

I read on the internet that this can effect fertility so went to gp after 3rd cycle. She said it was too early to worry and keep trying. Two weeks later I was pregnant. Two years later the same thing happened and I'm expect number 2 in 4 weeks.

Nat4392 Tue 14-Jan-20 21:03:54

@Judgybitch that’s encouraging, I’m just hoping it doesn’t get too much shorter! It’s still early days so we’ll see how it goes...

Judgybitch Wed 15-Jan-20 08:26:32

I thought for sure something was wrong. I read somewhere that a light period suggested there was less material for the egg to attach to. So that was scary on top of my periods being shorter then normal.

My Dr said that I was lucky as while my cycle was shorter then average it wasn't considered abnormal and it meant that I had more chances to conceive as I would have about 15/16 cycles a year. Rather then 13 or so. I conceived on 4th cycle post pill (3rd proper cycle) which is pretty early. It took me that long to get a handle on my ovulation timing then just lucky I suppose. My sister also has a short cycle and conceived accidentally at 39 a year ago.

I know it's easy for me to say from the other side but try not to worry too much, it's early days.

Nat4392 Wed 15-Jan-20 11:46:04

@Judgybitch thanks that’s really reassuring. AF has been really light since I’ve come off the pill but this month has been much heavier, hopefully this is more “normal” and it’s a good sign!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »