Talk

Advanced search

3 days late for period

(15 Posts)
Samantha00 Sat 11-Jan-20 14:36:13

Hi, new here.

I had a chemical pregnancy early October, have had two cycles since (took around 6 weeks for first period then back on usual 28 day cycle) I was due my period on weds/Thursday but still not arrived

No usual period symptoms but have recently come back from Spain and have had THE worst cold (full on snot, coughing, stuffy head) so I'm trying not to symptom spot

I took two boots own brand test yesterday, faintest lines ever (possibly indentation lines or just wishful thinking) within the 3-5 min mark however after 10 mins both turned into pink lines. Very thin but fairly dark (unable to post pic as new user but will do as soon as I can)

So really my question is, does anyone know if pink lines can show up outside of the time limit? It was my understanding that the colour only shows of positive? (I know evap and indent lines can be seen but thought they were basically colourless?)

Thanks in advance for your help x

MrsHP2018 Sat 11-Jan-20 22:25:59

Hi, have you thought about taking a digital pregnancy test? Each time I've got a BFN on a test it's never changed after 5 or 10 minutes... Always stayed lineless so I would be tempted to use a digital one to see what it says. Good luck x

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sun 12-Jan-20 06:27:53

What is the sensitivity on the Boots tests? How many dpo are you?

I know it’s hard but I wouldn’t trust a line after the time. I’ve had some really convincing ones and not been pregnant.

Samantha00 Sun 12-Jan-20 12:27:17

@MrsHP2018 yes I have a digital I've done a first response this morning but it was negative so I guess I'll wait to see if AF arrives if not I will try it! Thank you!

@BeingATwatItsABingThing I agree, it was my boyfriend who was convinced they counted as positive! As above did a first response this morning with nothing I could see so I guess it's just waiting for AF now! Thanks for your comments x

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sun 12-Jan-20 12:37:04

I showed my DH a positive FRER and he thought it was negative so I don’t think they are the best judges. grin

Samantha00 Sun 12-Jan-20 20:27:38

@BeingATwatItsABingThing very true!! Attempting to attach pics now as I should be able to, along with the first response from this morning. The lines just seem grey to me (boots ones do now seem pink but not within the time frame)

mums2boys Sun 12-Jan-20 22:12:41

They deff look positive to me.. Best of luck xx

Katnissx Sun 12-Jan-20 22:25:23

Definitely positive! You wouldn't get that many lines on different tests if they were just evaps, and they look pink. I can also see a faint line on the FRER. Keep us updated 😊

Samantha00 Tue 14-Jan-20 18:35:50

AF is here so unfortunately no BFP this month. Fingers crossed for everyone else 🤞🏻

Katnissx Tue 14-Jan-20 22:41:21

It could be worth you contacting your GP? You wouldn't get lines like that if you weren't PG, maybe re test in a week and see if it is still positive or not if you don't want to see you GP? Lots of women get bleeding in early pregnancy. Good luck x

Katnissx Tue 14-Jan-20 22:42:25

GP could test your HCG levels though and see if they are increasing x

Sparkle2020 Wed 15-Jan-20 01:02:32

Wow I would be devastated to get af after tests like that. Defo contact gp

samantha00 Sat 18-Jan-20 13:27:23

I've retested this morning and BFN, no question just pure white so if the lines were there it could have been a chemical.

I'm trying to be positive thinking at least we can get pregnant, we DTD once last month about 4 days before ovulation so the sperm quality could have made it non viable I guess.

Does anyone know if this could mess up next months cycle as we're going to officially TTC this month

Katnissx Sat 18-Jan-20 17:12:52

Sorry to hear that @samantha00, it does sound like a chemical. Glad you are looking at the positives 👍
It's seems to vary quite a lot whether it will affect your cycle or not, however my cycle was really messed up after my CP last month. My AF was over 2 weeks late and then was only spotting (not a proper bleed at all) for 3 days. Since then I have been on the lookout for ovulation to get an idea of where I was in my cycle and finally got a positive OPK Wednesday which was CD25, so really late in this cycle! Weirdness..!

samantha00 Sat 18-Jan-20 17:51:34

@Katnissx thanks for the reply, I'll just keep an eye out and hopefully get back on track. Fingers crossed for you this cycle ❤️🤞🏻

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »