Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else 5dpo?

(28 Posts)
lilcl95 Sat 11-Jan-20 10:20:28

Anyone else 5dpo and going slowly insane?!
Even then not too sure when I ovulated since my OPK was positive and then had ovulation pain and EWCM 4 days later. Think I'm just holding out hope that my hormones are back to normal after coming off the pill a just over month ago.
Anyone else in a similar situation?

HGee12 Sat 11-Jan-20 12:30:33

@lilcl95 hi 👋🏼 I'm 5DPO, trying to stay chilled, no unused symptoms yet tho!

danielasummer Sat 11-Jan-20 12:34:44

@lilcl95 hi, I'm 5DPO I think but I was ill around ovulation so my temps have been a bit wacky! Will go with 5DPO though. I'm trying not to symptom spot and get my hopes up because I don't feel 'strange' like I did in my last pregnancy (sadly ended in mc) but I guess not out until AF arrives! What are you doing to keep busy during the TWW?

H8624 Sat 11-Jan-20 13:11:06

I'm about 2/3dpo and the wait is awful! First month TTC and I don't know how I'll manage this for several months if it takes ages! It's all that's on my mind I feel obsessed!

AF due 22nd/23rd so a while to wait!

lostfrequencies Sat 11-Jan-20 13:20:33

I'm around 3DPO. I found that last month's TWW flew by cos of the build up to Christmas. But January is the slowest month ever sad

ablisha Sat 11-Jan-20 13:46:25

I'm due AF on 20th so just on the waiting game now!

lilcl95 Sat 11-Jan-20 15:03:54

Ah glad to know I'm not the only stressy one! I've got no idea where I'm at in my cycle. I came off the pill early December and AF hasn't visited yet. I'm just going by pains and EWCM and hoping that's when ovulation happened. Although the test being positive 3-4 days earlier is throwing me off.
I'm also in my first cycle (if you'd call it a cycle) and I'm thinking the same- if I'm this stressy now how will I be in a few more cycles?!

lilcl95 Sat 11-Jan-20 18:11:23

@danielasummer I'm trying not to think about it but tbh all I've done during the TWW is look through Mumsnet 😂

danielasummer Tue 14-Jan-20 07:59:52

@lilcl95 haha me too! I've been on MN loads. So we must be 8DPO now? How are you doing? Any symptoms? I've had none that I can truly say feel like 'pregnancy symptoms' and I'm sure I'm imagining a few things anyway, but hey ho. Just have to hold out until Sunday! x

lilcl95 Tue 14-Jan-20 13:11:56

@danielasummer yeah 8DPO. I've not really had any symptoms either, I thought I had a metallic taste in my mouth yesterday and today but it's nothing really obvious and I've put it down to needing to drink more water.
I'm also not sure what my discharge should be like at this point in my cycle but since the EWCM stopped, I've had pretty much no discharge until today. It's noticeably more - watery/creamy but I've got no clue what that means since I haven't had a natural cycle since before I went on the pill 7 years ago!
How are you getting on?

danielasummer Tue 14-Jan-20 18:54:27

@lilcl95 that's funny you mention CM because I've had watery/creamy cm since ovulation. Are you using that as ov or OPKs? When are you testing?
I'm getting on ok, filling my days so I'm super busy and trying not to think of it (she says, scouring MN for hours on end...!)

H8624 Tue 14-Jan-20 19:15:00

Sounds like I'm not the only one! I only 5dpo I think. Filled my weekend up and work is busy which is good, but every hour I spend on the train to and from work I just spend on Mumsnet 😂. Really wish time would hurry up!

I've not really had any symptoms either. Keep thinking I have but they aren't really! I have had a backache since yesterday, but only a mild one. And I've been super bloated since ovulation which normally goes away the day after ov. But realistically I know implantation doesn't happen til 8+ days so I must be imagining things!

My AF is due next weds so just over a week to wait! First cycle for me so not really expecting much to be honest.

lilcl95 Tue 14-Jan-20 19:46:05

I've had a few twinges today but don't know whether that's me just putting every single pain or change down to whether I'm pregnant or not 😂 I'm taking the day of ovulation as the day I felt the pain, mostly cause 36 hours prior I had a positive OPK so i think the 6th was the day I actually ovulated. We'll find out though! I think I'm gonna test on 20th so it's exactly 2 weeks since I predicted I ovulated. When are you thinking?

H8624 Tue 14-Jan-20 19:55:55

I'm going to try and wait until weds next week to see if AF is lee, but I did buy some cheapie tests so will probably try before!

I only have 24 day cycles so according to when I think I ovulated last Thurs - 2 weeks is technically the day after AF is due so not entirely sure when to test!

The waiting is so hard! I'm not a very patient person 😂

lilcl95 Wed 15-Jan-20 06:47:07

@H8624 yeah I'm super impatient, I did a cheap strip test which was obviously a BFN and then I was just like... yeah I'm an idiot 😂 don't even know why I did it, knew it'd be negative.
I've had lower stomach mild aches yesterday and woke up this morning with a few so I'm hoping that implantation and not just AF paying a visit cause of my post pill cycle.

H8624 Wed 15-Jan-20 18:35:36

@Lilcl95 I had To makesure I didn't have any tests in the house or I'd have been testing from like 2dpo 😂. Bought some cheapies off ebay last night which I guess will arrive Friday so may test Sunday/Monday which will be about 2/3 days before AF is due! If I get a positive on them I will buy a CB/FR one if period doesn't turn up!

This has been the longest 2ww ever and it's only cycle 1!

H8624 Fri 17-Jan-20 14:19:23

How's everyone getting on?! Anyone testing yet?

I'm still pretty much symptom free except for a tiny amount of light pink blood when I wiped this morning (sorry TMI!) I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's implantation bleeding but who knows! Trying not to get my hopes up. 8dpo now so getting through this TWW slowly!

lilcl95 Fri 17-Jan-20 15:32:26

@H8624 I've had cramps like for a few days now. Last night had light pink blood when I wiped - tiny amount. Woke up this morning to a stitch like feeling on the left side, no blood or signs of AF. Pains have been very mild today but mostly gone. Sliiiiight browny pink blood when I wiped earlier. Have felt a bit dizzy and sick today but there's a bug going around work - I've always managed to avoid the stomach and sickness bugs in the many years that I've been a teacher though. Boobs are definitely tender but nothing too drastic.
Tested this morning with a cheap strip test and still a BFN. Convinced myself that if I only bled last night then implantations only just happened so I won't get any HCG for a few days. Really trying to convince myself! How are you feeling?

H8624 Sat 18-Jan-20 17:17:35

@Lilcl95 yes I think it takes a few days for hcg to rise enough to be detected.

Even though I know this I tested this morning 😂 BFN as I expected though... still had a tiny bit of pink this morning too but only on tissue.

I'm due on Wednesday but I normally start spotting a few days early which would mean that would start tomorrow. Guess will have to wait and see! I've had mild cramps the past couple of days too and I never get cramps before AF so keeping my fingers crossed it's good news!

When are you next going to test?

lilcl95 Sat 18-Jan-20 17:36:13

@H8624 sounds like we're in the exact same position! I started feeling nauseous too but that could be because I eat too much and regret it after 😂
I think I'm gonna test Monday morning. I think if I am PG it would show up tomorrow morning on a FRER since I'll be 13DPO, but the only time I'm able to get any tests is Sunday afternoon and I don't really want to test with evening urine in case it's negative. When are you thinking?

H8624 Sat 18-Jan-20 17:46:08

@lilcl95 yeah I think you're a few days ahead but I have shorter cycles!

Exciting that we are both having similar symptoms as well I hope that means we both get good news 😊.

I want to wait til Monday but just know I will test again tomo probably! I only have cheap ones in the house so will only use them until AF is due, and if it doesn't show u0/I get a positive on these I will buy a FR or CB - undecided what I will get yet though!

Keeping fingers crossed for us both smile

I am constantly googling pregnancy symptoms etc I think I have a problem!

lilcl95 Sat 18-Jan-20 17:52:04

@H8624 I do actually have some cheap ones but I think if I test and it's a BFN I'll be so disappointment and convinced that I'm out. I think if my symptoms are implantation, then I'd have BFP on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I think I'll probably end up testing tomorrow evening anyway with a cheap one because I won't be able to stop myself!
I'm the same with googling! Flo has a series of pages that show what symptoms you might get at each DPO which is really useful but also encourages my obsessions!

H8624 Sat 18-Jan-20 17:57:17

@lilcl95 ohhh I'm going to check out their site!

I think if you can wait til Monday you defo should - more likely to show if positive! What day is your AF due? I'm going to try but if I get tempted I will do tomorrow!

lilcl95 Sat 18-Jan-20 18:01:13

@H8624 Going from ovulation, I'm due 21st/22nd but because of coming off the pill I've got no idea!
Let me know how you get on.

H8624 Sat 18-Jan-20 18:04:30

@lilcl95 yes you too let me know smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »