Talk

Advanced search

How is this possible!!!

(17 Posts)
Swife Tue 07-Jan-20 18:59:25

I know that you can ov 2x, but it's usually a few days apart when the 1st ov doesn't take. My first surge was cd7 and I got another higher surge on cd22🤨. I have had 2 off cycles (one being 27 days and the last 20 days)but my normal is 28-29 days. This is my first time using AccuMed LH Testing strips. I usually temp but stop because my sleep schedule is wonky.
Still waiting for my cycle to start this month. If it's back to normal then I should start on the 9-11th. I did have spotting on cd18 after we BD, and then a little on cd19 all without clots.
I must add I just turned 39 on the 2nd of this month. Since age 22 I've had 2 ectopics with 1 tube removed, and 2 MC with the last one after I stopped my endometriosis meds in June.

OP’s posts: |
Swife Wed 08-Jan-20 01:13:20

LH Tests with 2 peaks and my cycle history from start of ttc

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Wed 08-Jan-20 07:23:07

LH tests can also pick up pregnancy hormones as on a molecular level they are very similar - whenever I've been pregnant I've also got a positive LH OPK

(But you can also have an increase just before your period starts so could mean something or nothing)

danielasummer Wed 08-Jan-20 08:21:41

@Swife Hi, I would say that your 2nd surge is your proper LH surge as the first one was only 0.8 (and that is considered 'high' on my app, not 'peak') hope this helps. I'm no expert though and will be moving onto the Clear Blue Digital Sticks next month as I don't like the second guessing of these sticks! x

Swife Wed 08-Jan-20 15:40:19

@itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted, @danielasummer, thanks for your response. Is it normal to ovulate a week before your cycle? I also had spotting after sex on CD18 & cd19. No clots( see pic). The other pic is our BD days since cd5. We have certainly covered days 😂.

danielasummer Thu 09-Jan-20 07:29:18

@Swife haha you have covered days which is great! So you can ovulate a week before your period but that would indicate a short luteal phase of only 7 days, 10 days is considered ok for implantation. If you find you regularly ovulate a week before your period then I would go to the GP about how you can go about lengthening your luteal phase as the egg needs a bit longer than 7 days to implant before the uterus lining sheds x

Swife Thu 09-Jan-20 16:30:20

@danielasummer, yeah we really had fun😁! I do plan to see my OBGYN if this month is a wash.

danielasummer Sat 11-Jan-20 10:08:35

@Swife haha you did! Keep us updated. Keeping my fingers crossed for you for a BFP x

Swife Sat 11-Jan-20 14:01:40

@danielasummer I'm now just waiting to see if my period is coming or not. Since my cycles have been wonky these past two cycles, all my apps are all over the place with predictions 😒. Based on that, one app says I'm two days late. Another one has me starting today (their following a 27-29 day cycle) and then since I had a 2nd, higher LH peak on cd22, my testing apps say I'm not to see my cycle until the 23rd! THAT'S 39-40 days!!! I've NEVER had a cycle that long! I tested with cheapies yesterday and it still is a BFN so I'm not gonna drive myself crazy. Now I'm just playing the 'Pregnant or Period' game 🤔.

Swife Sun 12-Jan-20 18:06:25

Update: sent a message to my OBGYN and going off of my pregnancy history and following my normal cycle of 28-29 days, I'm technically late.
I have to go in tomorrow and get a blood pregnancy test, then another one on Wednesday and then a sonogram on Thursday. I also have to take 200mg of progesterone vaginally, every 8 hrs until we figure out if I'm pregnant or not.

Swife Tue 14-Jan-20 00:31:41

k so I went worried about my cycles and came out with a referral to have a colonoscopy done 😒. Let me explain 😁.

I noticed some black tarry substance in my poop(TMI SRY😔) and my OBGYN is worried the my Endometriosis is flaring up and since it can dump blood ANYWHERE in the body, she wants to be sure it didn't go there and she wants to check for other causes of old blood being there.

So I did do a complete blood to check for pregnancy as well as my Progesterone levels(because the older we get the lower our progesterone gets). Since I'm 38 my strange cycle the past 2 and now may be due to low Progesterone. So she up'ed it from 200 to 400mg every day instead of on cd13-25.

I call tomorrow for my results and then go back Wednesday for a sonogram so that she can check to make sure I don't have any cysts(I had that when she first met me and then quickly diagnosed me with Endometriosis).

It would be nice to hear I gotta go back to check my HCG levels 🤞🏽.

Swife Tue 14-Jan-20 16:41:10

UPDATE: I spoke with my OBGYN this morning. My Progesterone level is 24(she said it's in normal range and that if it was lower than 20 it would be a problem). I just read the my range is also normal if I just ovulate which would make since according to my crazy OPKS(it gave me two peaks).
According to the blood test, I'm not pregnant 😕.
All my other levels are good. She still wants me to take 400mg if Progesterone daily and to up my vitamin D3 from 10,000 to 15,000 for 3 months.
My pain is most likely Endometriosis pain. I have a sonogram tomorrow to look for any issues. Still must schedule a colonoscopy 😒.
Praying everyone else has good news 🤞🏽

Swife Wed 15-Jan-20 19:01:11

Got some good news today. I had my sonogram done and, hooray!, my uterus is PERFECT! And I am, in fact, ovulating. I still need to schedule the colonoscopy but I'm good and just waiting for my AF to arrive so we can start again.
My doc feels like I went wonky because, in my depression from the last loss, I went off track with keeping my Endometriosis diet so this is a flare. I'm getting back on track TODAY!

I hope everyone one else is doing well in their journey as well.

Swife Wed 19-Feb-20 05:23:36

Welp... I'm out this month 🥺. Af just started. Good luck to the rest of you ladies 🧚🏽‍♀️.

Sunflower2019 Fri 21-Feb-20 08:00:28

Good luck @Swife just came across your thread xx

Swife Mon 16-Mar-20 06:57:01

So I'm ttc cycle 11. I'm so discouraged! I'm 39 as of January and I'm beginning to think my cm is killing my Husband's sperm and I will never be a mother😒. I'm with giving up or gonna keep trying till it's over. Y mind is garbled and I'm having mixed feelings. In reality I know I don't have much time so I'm thinking...is it worth the sad feeling after every TWW? Long story short. My af came today so I'm out😔.

Swife Sat 28-Mar-20 00:16:39

So some of you may know my ttc drama. For those of you who don't...39, 2 ectopics, 1 tube, 1 early miscarriage and 1 non viable 😒. Also never had Egg White CM so I think my CM is murdering hubby's sperm😞. That being said I was gonna to spend money on Preseed and other helpers as well as speak to my OBGYN. But due to the darn virus 🦠, I just changed my diet more and started upping my vitamin C, along with back to taking prenatal vitamins and vitamin E vaginally. I'm also taking Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, Fish Oil, and Flaxseed Oil. All Along with the Letorozle given to induce ovulation.

So I changed my LH Testing time to 12 in the afternoon thinking the earlier the better (I was testing at 2pm) not a good idea because I haven't been catching my peak for the last 2 cycles 😞. Tip: don't change what's not broken!

So I tested at 12 and it was super low. Around 6pm I go pee and when I wipe, I see it...this clear gel looking stuff and I'm immediately excited 😆! I check inside and YEP, sure enough it's The Illusive EGG WHITE CM🤗😁😆!! Of course we immediately did the BD. And then I say hmmm, let's test that LH and low and behold I'm in Peak!

Just when I was sure this would never be my dream met, it's small things like this that give me hope.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in