Talk

Advanced search

Page 30 | TTC after loss penguins get fit & healthy in 2020

(762 Posts)
BunnytheBlueWhale Mon 30-Dec-19 20:29:41

This is the thread for those of us in the TTC after loss penguin huddle who want to try to eat a more healthy diet, exercise more, lose weight or just feel better physically this year
🐧🐧🐧
@MrsMGE @Avocuddles @MissSparkles81 @SunshineCrocodile @Mumlili8 @VenusStarr @SunStruck

If I’ve missed anyone please tag them

How about we start by saying what our goals are whether that he the number on the scale, doing more exercise or just feeling better about ourselves?

I’m BunnytheBlueWhale (NC recently - see TTC thread). I’m 35 and probably weigh about a stone more than I’d like since I had my stillborn daughter in February. I don’t need to lose weight massively but having post-baby weight and no baby is a bit rubbish!

I’d like to lose a bit of a weight all over and also target my belly with brushing, moisturising and maybe microneedling at home...

I eat a lot of sugary snacks so want to massively reduce those and also try to take a healthy lunch to work to stop me spending so much money on food!

OP’s posts: |
BunnytheBee Wed 01-Apr-20 22:12:44

@1stbabs Oh thanks. I’ll look at that as there are about 10 of the ones I want on YouTube (all combat, I think the series is called Invincible) but I like his other classes too like body attack and I even liked barre and would try that on video.

Funny you mention languages as I was thinking about that tonight and whether to go back to learning a language I spent time on years ago.

@tortiecat I’m quite creative so have over the years spent time knitting, crocheting (I tried when pregnant but didn’t master it), drawing and painting. I’m also a bit of a geek so a language like 1stbabs said. DH and I were saying we might try to learn how to do the cryptic crossword as we just can’t do it. Ive previously thought about doing a massage course or a make up course, which you could do online. I spent time learning Tarot. Typing course online. I love learning but tbh I also love watching TV 😬

BunnytheBee Sat 04-Apr-20 20:53:31

Hi how is everyone?

I’m on CD1 but trying out a new menstrual cup!

Feeling a bit under the weather so went to bed before 9 last night and tempted to do the same tonight!

I did another Combat workout today and YT and really enjoyed it. Also learned that through my gym (Nuffield Health) they give you 60 days free and then a 30% discount so I might sign up but will probably just make do with free videos tbh. There’s a feee sign up to Davina’s workout programme for 30 days free - not sure if I shared that on here but will find the link if anyone wants it.

I’ve done ok for exercise this week. I’ve done body combat workouts twice and ive done a few walks so I’m pleased with that.

I hope everyone is ok x

1stbabs Sun 05-Apr-20 14:12:24

Hi @BunnytheBee CD1 is always the worst, expecting mine this week too 😒. How are you finding the cup? I've never used those before but people rave about them.

Well done for getting your exercise in. Mines not been great this week tbh. I've done only one body balance workout but I have been out walking most days so I guess that's something.

Have you taken up any of the hobbies you were talking about? I have been keeping up with my language learning every day so I am pleased with that at least.

I've seen on local Fb groups that the local cemeteries have been closed. My daughter is buried at one a bit further away and I can't find any info to say whether it's open or not. I guess I shouldn't be going anyway, but it just dawned on me that that means I won't get to visit her on her due date. Not quite sure how I'm going to be able to cope really. I've got a telephone counselling session this week so maybe I'll be able to get some advice.

BunnytheBee Sun 05-Apr-20 17:04:50

@1stbabs Cup is good. I had a leak yesterday but was first day using it so that’s acceptable I think. Today has been ok but I feel like it’s moved down a bit so a can feel it 🙄 I recommend it though. It’s too early for me to give a good review but I think it will be a good buy.

If you’ve been for a walk most days that’s good. I’ve only done body combat twice and then done a few walks but it’s more than I did last week. It sounds like you’ve been fairly active too. Is body balance the one that’s a mix of yoga and tai chi etc?

Hobbies wise my main aims are to try to keep the exercise up and I want to do some spring cleaning as we moved into this house last year but we’ve been decorating and things so I haven’t even moved all the boxes in from the garage. We’re hoping for carpets soon and then upstairs will be done but I think there’s a lot we can throw out and out on eBay so I might do that over the spring / summer. I started a blog a couple of years ago and then stopped when I got pregnant so I might take that up again. Tbh I have been really busy with work and then have felt exhausted in the evenings all last week. DH and I are outside today sorting out the rabbits. I’m giving them a good clean out. It’s like mucking our horses so hard work and DH is helping reconfigure their cages to make them bigger as we use storage cubes so they’ll have an enclosure about 3m x 1.5m each maybe.

I hadn’t realised any cemeteries had been closed. I wonder if the one where my DD is buried is open. I was thinking the other day I could walk there and that way going there could be my exercise. It’s 13 miles or a 38 min walk each way according to google so do-able but uphill all the way back. I will have to check if it’s open. It would be a shame if you can’t go on your due date but if you can’t then there will be other things you can do. When I feel guilty about not visiting my DD’s grave enough I remind myself that going is more for me, as she probably doesn’t know whether I’m there, and I thinking of her whether I’m there or not. I hope the counselling session helps.

1stbabs Mon 06-Apr-20 23:55:49

@BunnytheBee Yeah maybe I shouldn’t be so hard on myself! I’ve been out again today for another long walk. I’ve started going alone and listening to podcasts which I find really relaxing. Yep body balance is yoga, thai chi and pilates. How have you been getting on exercise wise today?

It sounds like you’ve got loads of things to keep you busy. Do you have horses as well as the rabbits then? That must be such hard work! I’m not working atm as I can’t do my job from home and I’m in a vulnerable category, so very few distractions here. What kind of thing did you used to blog about? I was thinking about keeping some kind of journal as I’ve got so much time on my hands, but I haven’t got any hobbies or anything to share with others so I’ll probably just keep it to myself!

Walking to the cemetery is a good idea actually, if it is still open. I think I may get DH to drive past it on his way home from work to check first so that its not a wasted journey. It’s interesting you say about feeling guilty about not visiting .. I’m not religious so I think the same as you, that she probably doesn’t know that I’m there. I do like to talk out loud to her at her grave though, so I will miss that if it is closed.

BunnytheBee Tue 07-Apr-20 07:38:16

@1stbabs I’ve done body balance in the gym. I couldn’t remember if it was the class I was thinking of. just went for a walk yesterday, not a long one at all just about 1.5 miles / half an hour. I had a busy day working and I didn’t stop for lunch until 3 so went for my walk then and then was working until about 11. And on Sunday I was active outside with cleaning out the rabbits (when I’m tracking steps I’ve done about 15,000 doing that so it’s good exercise). I plan to do body combat or another cardio class today at lunchtime.

I just have rabbits, not horses. Here is a pic of their new cage set up, which should be easier to clean than the last one as it’s more open. They have to be kept separate as they fight.

The blog was mainly a beauty blog but I was doing the odd lifestyle post. I hadn’t been doing it long at all but then when I was pregnant I was so tired and distracted. So that was 2018!

I talk to my DD at her grave too. I used to talk to her at home. I talked to her a lot when I was pregnant and for a while after I said goodnight to her and talked to her, sometimes when I had her teddy bears nearby. So you could try talking to her anyway if you can’t get to the cemetery. To be honest I don’t go that often. I only go maybe once a month and I feel guilty for that sometimes but I try not to feel guilty and I get upset every time I go. I talk to her but I usually cry as soon as I get there!

How are you finding being at home? I find it hard being in the house all the time and can feel a bit down but I’m getting used to it.

1stbabs Tue 07-Apr-20 23:20:18

Sounds like you've been really active. Did you manage another combat session? Those cages are absolutely huge! It must be excellent exercise cleaning them out. I've been getting my steps in every day too, although not as much as you but still hitting 10k every day. Didn't manage any body balance today but I'm going to do one first thing when I wake up tomorrow.

The blog sounds good, are you going to try and start it up again? It doesn't really sound like you've got much time in your hands with work and everything.

Yeah we've got a little teddy that reminds us of our DD too. There were two matching ones, so one was put in her coffin and one is by my bedside. I kiss it and say goodnight every night. Probably sounds a bit mad but I find it comforting. I suppose you're right, I don't need to be by her grave to speak to her, it can be anywhere.

I found it hard to start with but like you say I'm just getting used to being indoors now. There were a few things round the house that needed fixing and I've done those so that feels good! I do find myself overthinking things a bit too much though, and stupidly tested at 9dpo. Wasted a frer and upset myself 🙄

Hope everybody is doing ok this week x

1stbabs Tue 07-Apr-20 23:20:41

Oops sorry forgot to tag you @BunnytheBee

BunnytheBee Wed 08-Apr-20 21:47:23

@1stbabs I did a combat session yesterday and then went for a short walk to cool down. I went to the local shop in the morning too so I was fairly active. Have you been doing much?

Today I only worked half day so went to supermarket this afternoon for the first time in weeks! It wasn’t too bad but I’m one of those who cleans shopping when I get back so that took time and I’ve been fairly active today so have done 10,000 steps at least.

I’ve been feeling a bit unwell since yesterday though so might not do too much tomorrow other then maybe a walk.

I’d like to start the blog again, been meaning to since January but I’ll start again when the time is right. I expect work will get quieter so maybe then. I want it to be something I do because I feel like it rather than making it a chore.

We’ve got two little teddies for our DD. They came in a memory box and we have one of them and she had one. Before her funeral I wanted to buy her a toy so a bought her a jelly cat elephant and got two. I have one and one was buried with DD. I also have an heartbeat bear. We had a 3D scan and you could buy a teddy with the baby’s heartbeat in it. DH didn’t want it as he thought a bit of a gimmick. Obviously when we got it we didn’t know she would die so now is weird and wonderful that we have her heartbeat in a teddy bear. So I have a cuddly toys that I consider hers and used to sleep with one of them most nights and talk to them but now I only do occasionally. It’s nice to have them there though.

Try not to think too much about the test. It’s still early for a BFP so you’re not out yet

Hope everyone else is okay

I like the idea of eating well and exercising during this lockdown and social distancing period and then being fit and healthy when I get back to work! First priority is staying well though obviously, which I don’t take for granted

Sorry for the long post

X

BunnytheBee Wed 08-Apr-20 21:48:13

Hope you are ok @lunamoon1

BunnytheBee Thu 09-Apr-20 14:29:05

I did body combat invincible workouts #9 and #10 today. #10 was very difficult but probably a good one to keep doing as it was quite conditioning as well as cardio - squats, lunges, push ups and mountain climbers etc.

I’m loving combat. Doesn’t feel like a chore to do it like going for a run does atm.

1stbabs Sat 11-Apr-20 00:12:56

@BunnytheBee Hi, I hope you're feeling better by now? I've been awful this week! I've been for walks but haven't kept up with my body balance. Glad to see you're enjoying the combat still.

We must have got the same memory boxes then because that's exactly the same as we've got, the two little bears. The heartbeat teddy sounds so sweet, what a lovely memory you have of your DD. As you say you'd never had known you would lose her and how much the teddy would end up meaning to you... the world is a funny place.

After this weekend, when my DH goes back to work, I'm going to try very hard to get back on track! No more snacking especially.

Hope everybody is ok x

BunnytheHoneyBee Tue 14-Apr-20 11:18:30

Hi @1stbabs I’ve been fine over the weekend, thanks, but didn’t sleep well (went to bed late to be fair) so feeling tired and grumpy today! How are you?

I think some snacking and treats are ok wink I’ve probably eaten more chocolate this weekend but then it is Easter and I’ve been doing Combat every day so pleased with that.

I’m good with cardio but I struggle with the 32 jumping lunges or burpees or press ups and mountain climbers. Anything involving strength basically!

I’m going to try to keep doing it though and those bits are only 5-10 mins out of the class so manageable and I think I’ll see progress as it gets easier.

The memory boxes were a precious thing and while no one ever wants to be in that position it is really important to me to have those memories. I think they were from 4Louis charity? They had hand prints and foot prints plus a clay imprint of her hand and foot too. Some hair. I have photographs that the midwife took but also some from a charity called Remember my Baby who came in but weirdly I haven’t looked at those and in some ways I’m reluctant to now a year on. I’m conscious they’re the last photos I’ll ever have of her ❤️

Seahawk80 Fri 17-Apr-20 12:49:39

Hello - just a quick hi! I normally mumsnet at work and I'm not working atm so weirdly have less time! Our flat is halfway through renovations and no kitchen - not even a floor is hard work. Garden is trashed too from builders so we stayed with my mum for 3 weeks while they plastered and hoping to go to my sisters empty second home in a few weeks so they can come back and at least do the floor. It's a full time job dusting and mopping! I'm ok though and loving having extra time off with DS, I feel like I had 2 mat leaves taken away so at least I'm getting some time with him. I was in a very bad place, feeling quite bitter about people being pregnant and having babies but I feel a bit better now - I guess it's just stages of grief. Hope everyone is ok.

BunnytheHoneyBee Fri 17-Apr-20 15:57:38

Hi @Seahawk80 Hope the renovations are going well! I think most of us here understand that difficulty with others being pregnant and having babies but I’m glad you’re feeling better

Exercise wise, has everyone given up?! I feel like I’m doing more since on lockdown and feeling good about it!

Seahawk80 Fri 17-Apr-20 17:13:16

@BunnytheHoneyBee I've started couch 2 5k (again) and just finished week 3! Also doing lots of manual labour in garden so also pretty happy on that front! I'd love to do some YouTube classes but tricky with a toddler on lockdown. However I realise I'm very very lucky to be in that situation so I won't moan. I might try to fit in a couple of yoga sessions but at the moment just trying to get the house straight. One good thing about a rubbish / non existent kitchen is there is nowhere to store snacks and you can't just pop to the shops! Drinking too much wine tho!

BunnytheHoneyBee Fri 17-Apr-20 17:56:16

@Seahawk80 I don’t think you need to do youtube cardio if you are running anyway so sounds like you are doing well.

I was running for a couple of weeks and then got bored 🙈 so started the Combat which I loved but wondering if I need to change up again. I had a rest day today as I felt really exhausted after exercising on Wednesday and think it’s cause I’m not used to doing intense cardio for 45 mins to an hour 3-4 times a week! So hoping it is just that I needed a rest than that I’m not enjoying it any more...

footprintsintheslow Fri 17-Apr-20 19:43:37

@BunnytheHoneyBee
We had a memory box too from 4Louis but the hospital forgot to give it us and we got it a week later so many things were obsolete by then.

It was a catalogue of errors at the hospital and I gave them detailed feedback on my experience and not getting the memory box was one of those complaints. I don't normally complain but it was all just such a waste.

As for exercise I've been doing Joe Wicks every morning and lots and lots of digging. I've gained weight the last four weeks though from eating too much but this week I'm back to losing again so I feel great. I've also swapped my weigh in day to a Friday so I can see the benefit of five well behaved days in a row.

BunnytheHoneyBee Fri 17-Apr-20 19:46:07

@footprintsintheslow That’s so rubbish. I’m not surprised you complained. Did they just not have the boxes available at the time? I hope you have some memories and keepsakes.

So many people are talking about Joe Wicks. I’ll have to try it one day!

footprintsintheslow Fri 17-Apr-20 22:51:27

@BunnytheHoneyBee luckily I'd made a little blanket and the funeral director did footprints. But I felt so angry as some parents will have left with nothing. But also that charity will be fundraising and that's hard work and then the hospital isn't even making use of the boxes.

I sent money to the 4Louis fund as I made use of some of the items in the box when we had the baby home overnight before we buried her.

We buried her on a little bit of land my family own so we can visit anytime really. We've planted a tree and I have some plants to put in around it this weekend when we go for our daily exercise.

BunnytheHoneyBee Sat 18-Apr-20 10:44:29

@footprintsintheslow You’re right. At that time you don’t know what to do and I wouldn’t necessarily have thought of getting foot prints etc but I am so glad I have those now.

It’s nice that you brought your baby home. I thought about at but not much as DH wasn’t keen on the idea and we were due to moved weeks after she died so in a way I’m glad we didn’t have her too tied up with the old house as that might have made it harder to move. It’s good also that you have her buried somewhere you can get to anytime.

My DD is buried nearby in the local cemetery that has a section for babies which is sad but also I liked the idea of her being with other babies (well you know what I mean). I went not long before lockdown but haven’t been since as we are locked down obviously but I did think about going there as a walk. It’s a long ish walk but do-able. I believe some cemeteries have been closed though. It helps to know she is nearby. If I’m honest I don’t visit that much really. It’s become about once a month but I try not to feel guilty. Tbh I go there and try to talk to her but get really emotional.

footprintsintheslow Sat 18-Apr-20 11:45:57

@BunnytheHoneyBee I walked passed our local cemetery and it was unlocked and open. I think social distancing is easy to achieve at a cemetery so hopefully yours is open.

I don't really feel a need to visit the grave too much. I go there to check it's not completely overgrown by brambles. It took quite a bit of clearing to make the area ready and I don't want to battle with brambles there again. Where the field was cleared I can see there's some signs of a fox l

footprintsintheslow Sat 18-Apr-20 11:48:38

...living nearby which is a lovely thought for me. Last time I was there we saw bats too so I like to think of her being with all the wildlife and nature. I totally understand you feeling happy that the babies are all together in the cemetery. I 'like' (wrong word) to see that too in my area.

BunnytheHoneyBee Sat 18-Apr-20 13:14:00

@footprintsintheslow Yeah it’s nice to think that our babies are not alone x

I’m having a lazy day so far but plan do to some body combat this afternoon

Hope everyone is ok

footprintsintheslow Sat 18-Apr-20 15:40:18

Still in my pyjamas here but going for a walk soon. I think Saturday's are allowed to be like this!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in