Talk

Advanced search

January bus!

(424 Posts)
Crumbsinthecarpet Tue 03-Dec-19 13:43:17

Couldn't find one of these so starting the January bus.
Ttc #2
Miscarried 22nd October at 6/7 weeks and starting to try again this month, so cycle 1 as I had the mini pill for one month until I was ready
Cd 2

Join me for the inevitable tww madness 😂

Lunacat96 Wed 22-Jan-20 19:21:36

Sorry, I meant 2 positives (one weak!) With lots of negatives in between, today has been all negatives!

Lunacat96 Wed 22-Jan-20 19:19:49

Hi everyone! Do you mind if I join?!
I've been quite confused these last few days: I have one daughter already (4 in March) and we started trying for number 2, 7 months ago. In September we unfortunately had a chemical pregnancy. After feeling abit disheartened, this month I didn't track anything (also not too sure when AF is due as I can't remember when I had my last period in Dec hmm) but I'm thinking that I'm due between Friday and Monday.
I wasn't even thinking about testing this month until I was in Asda with my boyfriend and had to sit down/drink some water as was feeling extremely dizzy and nauseous. Took a test when we got home (Monday afternoon) and was surprised with a clear positive! (Even my boyfriend thought positive so it wasn't me being too optimistic!). Anyway, since then I've taken around another five: they've all been negative (even my morning wee ones!) Except for one faint positive.

I'm so confused as to why I had a positive followed by negatives! Has anyone else had this and still bee pregnant?

As for other symptoms I have waves of nausea all throughout the day: a weird stretching/fullness feeling in my stomach (no period cramps as of yet!), sore boobs, feeling extremely fatigued constantly and the strange metallic taste in my mouth! I have so many symptoms that seem so obvious to me but can I just be imagining them?!

I look forward to hearing back from you all and wish you all the luck for your own journeys! smile

MilsCookie Wed 22-Jan-20 18:26:58

@Posharmchairs @whatsthecraic91 @bluemoon2468 please can I join the POAS party? I’m planning on testing on sat or sun am!

I have confession to make though... I’m CD28 today (not sure how many dpo as not sure when I ovulated, but AF is usually around CD33/34) ...and I’m away for a couple of days and stupidly brought a test with me... and... I... peed on it 😏

😫😫😫😫😫 IM SO ASHAMED!!!! OF COURSE I just got a blatant big fat negative and felt like crap when I saw just 1 line. Such an idiot because it’s still 4-5 days away from AF!!! Aaaaargh this waiting is so hard!!!

Needallthesleep Wed 22-Jan-20 14:36:34

So jealous of your POAS party. My fertile week is next week in theory. My DH isn’t going to know what’s hit him grin I really need it to happen this month, TTC is so painfully slow! I want to crack out my ‘baby on board’ badge again!

whatsthecraic91 Wed 22-Jan-20 14:22:58

@posharmchairs oh yes, defo FMU, I’ll be jar-ing and dipping too as I am just using the wee strips. Just praying AF stays away!! Have you any more symptoms?

Posharmchairs Wed 22-Jan-20 14:10:23

@whatsthecraic91 it’s a cheapo Tesco special. I figured if I tested at the right time then it’s just as good as an expensive digital one.

Are we going for fmu? If so will need to pee in a jar and dip as there’s no way I can wait to get the foil off when I pee first thing 🤦‍♀️

whatsthecraic91 Wed 22-Jan-20 13:58:43

@posharmchairs DONT!! Wait for our party on Saturday morning 🎉 🥳 🎈 what kind of test are you going to use? I only use ICs and I have a good one to use if I get a line. Not that I’ve ever had a line ☹️

Posharmchairs Wed 22-Jan-20 13:48:55

I have a test sat in a box winking at me. I want to poas, help me!

whatsthecraic91 Wed 22-Jan-20 11:29:46

@urbansloth 😂 doesn’t sound creepy at all 😂 not really I usually always get to at lease 12/13DPO before AF comes but sometimes I have a bit of spotting. I also take a really good vitamin which has helped with the spotting the last couple of cycles.

@Posharmchairs YES! Love the idea of having a POAS party 😂 can’t wait now! @urbansloth will be joining too 😊 thank you I am feeling better today but I am just hoping it was a one off and my retest will be perfect!

11DPO today and feeling normal, big temperature rise this morning so hopefully that’s a good sign! But tired too but I always am before AF

georgetoast Tue 21-Jan-20 19:55:26

Hi, wold love to join the bus!! :L
can anybody help?
Long story but I came of nexaplon (implant) 09/01/2020, and have been taking OPK every day since. All negative, only one faint line since.

On Sunday (19th), I believe I had egg white mucus, nipple soreness and cramps in lower tummy. I was quite weepy that day.

Monday 20th, I had cramps again, nipple soreness, nausea, hot flashes and was quite gasy. I noticed my CM was like school glue-ish and had litte white balls in it.

Today, still feeling sick, cramps all day! CM was very wet and slippery this morning, thought I had wet myself. Jst been to the loo and now its on my underwear sticky?

Have I ovulated? but missed opk peak time to test?

Havent had a period in years due to nexaplon.

Can anyone help me suss it out?

Posharmchairs Tue 21-Jan-20 19:47:50

@whatsthecraic91 ah that’s tough but as you say, treatable.
It is ALWAYS better to know if there’s a problem that you can address rather than waiting knowing there isn’t anything specifically “wrong”.

I’m 11 dpo I think, depending when I actually ovulated. Will test on Saturday but technically my af isn’t due till 27-29th so I was going to hold out to the weekend 🤦‍♀️.

We can have a poas party and throw happy congratulatory rotten tomatoes at anyone with a bfp

I hope you’re feeling okay this evening x

urbansloth Tue 21-Jan-20 19:03:19

@whatsthecraic91 I'll keep fingers and toes crossed for you! I'll also be testing Saturday so will be thinking of you when I POAS 😂 Do you usually have a short luteal phase? As I believe this is the main factor with high prolactin. If so, vitamin B6 is supposed to help lengthen your luteal phase to help your uterine lining become nice and thick and juicy for an egg to implant 😊

whatsthecraic91 Tue 21-Jan-20 18:24:31

@Posharmchairs no it was high levels of prolactin, still not really sure what it means but I’ve to get retested in 4 weeks. All I know is if it is high it can significantly reduce fertility so it’s a bummer. Cried a lot yesterday but I’m feeling better today as I now know it can be treated very easily, but it’s just a setback I don’t want! I want to be pregnant now!
How many DPO will you be Saturday?

@urbansloth thank you, I’m still trying to hold on to hope!! I have some symptoms and my temps are still high so I’m willing AF to stay away! I’ll test Saturday morning at 14DPO

urbansloth Tue 21-Jan-20 12:54:02

@whatsthecraic91 oh no! So sorry you had bad news! I was just coming on here to ask how your results went. Still fingers crossed for you, you never know what might happen!

@bluemoon2468 sorry I can't help with your chart! I haven't tried temping so not sure what to look for! I guess if it's unusual it could be a good or a bad sign?

@posharmchairs those all sound like good symptoms to me! With my first I couldn't stop going to the bathroom!!

6 or 7DPO today so will probably test at the weekend too even though that will be really early. Have had some odd cramping on one side that felt like ovulation today and yesterday but I know it's too early for implantation really so it was probably just gas 😂

Posharmchairs Tue 21-Jan-20 09:46:54

@whatsthecraic91 oh no sad, was it irregular ovulation?

Will also test Saturday to put both myself and dh out his misery. So much for holding out for the 1st Feb 🤦‍♀️.

I feel so crampy and bloated today with super tender boobs which is unusual after they were basically turned into numb empty socks by ds.

Actually feel like I should be bleeding. Hope not... off on a day out without ds or dh!

whatsthecraic91 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:15:54

@Posharmchairs ooo sounds good!!! Well I am 10DPO, wee crampies, extreme moodiness and absolutely starving all the time!! AF due Saturday. Got a bit of bad news in my blood test results yesterday so I’m trying to keep positive but there’s a good chance I’m not pregnant 🥺

bluemoon2468 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:08:20

@Posharmchairs still 8-9 days 😩 but will be testing at the weekend, can't deal with the suspense any longer!

Busybee143 Tue 21-Jan-20 07:00:13

@HLW092
Ive come off the pill within the last couple of years and suprisingly my periods have become pretty regular (irregular periods is why i went on).
Are you getting plenty of rest or carrying on as normal?

Posharmchairs Tue 21-Jan-20 05:58:17

Fingers crossed for all new people on the bus flowers

Posharmchairs Tue 21-Jan-20 05:56:44

@urbansloth and @whatsthecraic91 I have no signs of af yet (due any time from now until 31st- thanks irregular cycles). Sore boobs, lots of weeing and bloating. General moodiness at dh. However this could of course be pmt 😂

Posharmchairs Tue 21-Jan-20 05:52:56

@bluemoon2468 I had positive opk’s for a second time in the month I went on to get my bfp. How long have you got until af is due?

HLW092 Mon 20-Jan-20 21:06:38

Congratulations on your daughter smile
I came off the pill back in April last year but after a withdrawal bleed my periods disappeared. So haven’t been stopping it happening but this is our first month of really trying. Fingers crossed for us both x

Busybee143 Mon 20-Jan-20 20:11:58

This will be my 4th cycle, we started in september, i got pregnant in october but i had a miscarriage and so tried after that, took a break for christmas and then we have just tried now. How about you?

I am 28 nearly 29 and this will be the first from me ( i do have a beautiful daughter my wife gave birth too, shes 7 months old).

Im really hoping this is our month!!!!!!!!

HLW092 Mon 20-Jan-20 20:08:10

@Busybee143 it does smile how long have you been trying?? I’m trying not to think about it, easier said than done mind haha

bluemoon2468 Mon 20-Jan-20 20:02:56

@Posharmchairs usually 28-29 days, very regular.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »