Talk

Advanced search

January bus!

(21 Posts)
Crumbsinthecarpet Tue 03-Dec-19 13:43:17

Couldn't find one of these so starting the January bus.
Ttc #2
Miscarried 22nd October at 6/7 weeks and starting to try again this month, so cycle 1 as I had the mini pill for one month until I was ready
Cd 2

Join me for the inevitable tww madness 😂

notetaker Wed 04-Dec-19 10:19:01

First time poster, definitely need some hand holding through the TWW madness!
TTC #1
Cycle 4
CD3

So sorry to hear about you miscarriage @Crumbsinthecarpet
Got everything crossed for us this month

Crumbsinthecarpet Wed 04-Dec-19 11:04:35

Hi @notetaker looks like we are synced up! How long are your cycles normally? Mine have been all over the place so dh will be very pleased about the amount we are going to have to dtd this month 😂

Thank you, I'm sure this will be a good month for both of us xxx

notetaker Wed 04-Dec-19 12:04:24

@crumbsinthecarpet Mine have been a bit strange - last cycle was 34 and one before that was 25. I ovulated quite late last month and I'm hoping it was a one off!

Bathwater Wed 04-Dec-19 16:03:54

Hello
My period just started today, I’m not sure what cycle I’d be classed as I’ve had 2 MMC from when we started on March. However we’re doing SMEP this month because my ovulation has gone all over the place (somewhere between 28-35) so covering all the bases!
Looking forward to hearing how we all get on. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Dotty356 Wed 04-Dec-19 20:53:43

Hi,

Am I ok to join? I’m waiting for AF to arrive to start trying, wanted to get past Christmas as I was really sick in my last pregnancy and didn’t want to spend Christmas Day in the toilet. I’m excited and nervous to try for my second.
How is everyone else feeling? I’m quite a bit older this time around so I don’t think it will be as easy as my first.

notetaker Thu 05-Dec-19 09:25:46

Hey @Bathwater and *@Dotty356*!

@Bathwater let us know how you get on with SMEP, it sounds intense!

@Dotty356 That would be pretty grim!
Sending loads of best wishes to you both.

I'm excited too for this cycle but generally not enjoying TTC at all - I'm a classic type A personality and self-confessed control freak so this is driving me a bit mad!

Crumbsinthecarpet Thu 05-Dec-19 09:30:30

@notetaker fingers crossed for regular cycles! Are you doing ovulation tests?

Hi @Bathwater sorry to hear about you mmcs 💐 is smep when you dtd every day after your period stops? I feel like we will be doing that so cover bases!

Hi @Dotty356 of course! I felt like that too, I'm hoping that even if I conceive over Christmas I shouldnt be sick that early! Feeling optimistic so far, but also feel like I can't be lucky with conceiving again, my son was conceived cycle one, as was my MC, so I feel like this one can't be so lucky again!

notetaker Thu 05-Dec-19 10:01:12

@Crumbsinthecarpet I started using ovulation tests last cycle and found them pretty helpful, so I'l be doing the same again. AF ended last night (shortest period ever!) so we'll see!

whatsthecraic91 Thu 05-Dec-19 10:58:59

Hi all

Can’t believe I’m on a second January bus! Didn’t think I’d still be here!!

Cycle 12 sad
TTC #1
CD 3
AF/BFP due 1st/2nd Jan

Not tracking this month, i am going on holiday next Saturday for a week to the sun which is my fertile week! so we are going to relax in the sun and have loads of sex wink TWW is over Christmas and NY so plenty of distraction, hopefully it does the trick!!

A New Year’s Day BFP would be epic 🤞🏼

notetaker Thu 05-Dec-19 11:14:43

Oh @whatsthecraic91 sad

Hope you have a lovely holiday and yes, Christmas and New Year should be a good distraction for us all!

Really hoping you get your New Year's BFP 🤞🏼

Crumbsinthecarpet Thu 05-Dec-19 12:32:47

@notetaker I've used them before but never successfully, might have to try the clearblue ones, the cheap ones are so hard to follow!

@whatsthecraic91 sorry your journey has been so long but sounds super hopeful for this cycle! Hadn't thought of how good the distraction of Christmas will be!

whatsthecraic91 Thu 05-Dec-19 15:26:31

@Crumbsinthecarpet sorry about your MC flowers

@Crumbsinthecarpet @notetaker I definitely recommend the clearblue ones, yes they are expensive but you only have to test once a day and use FMU so no messing about having to take them in work in the afternoon 😂 I used the CB ones for 2 months and pretty much got the same peak day both months so I don’t use them anymore and go by my app which should be accurate enough now! The cheap ones are a nightmare and I never got a positive on them. Also if you buy the 20 pack of CB it should do you 2 cycles, it says you can’t use the same reader for 2 cycles but I did and it worked perfectly

Bathwater Thu 05-Dec-19 15:36:06

@Crumbsinthecarpet I think it’s every 3 days from CD 8 but we’re pretty much going minimum every 3 days from my period ending just in case.

I used the clear blue and it was super easy but I’m working nights at the moment so I decided to cover my bases instead of timing!

@whatsthecraic91 a holiday sounds good at this time of year! Even better it’s timed with ovulation!

Hopefully we all start 2020 fresh, renewed and with lots of positive news!

Dotty356 Thu 05-Dec-19 18:26:56

I don’t think my sickness started till week 6 last time but it was 12 years ago! Going to be a big age gap if I do manage to conceive again. Just wondering if I am actually ovulating each month, having read through some of the messages I think I might purchase a clear blue just to check. My periods tend to be a bit more irregular than they used to be. Af was due two days ago, we have been using contraception so can’t be pregnant. Just want it to start already so we can get going lol.

emstone Fri 06-Dec-19 15:51:11

Hi all fsmile
I had my implant removal today so will be testing in January!

I'm 28, fiancé is 29
TTC#1

No idea what my cycles are like, they used to be on point but I've been using the implant for nearly 9 years so heaven knows what they will be like now!

MrsTwentySeven Sat 07-Dec-19 12:35:06

I'm headed over from the December bus with the AF finding me today....
Had a late ovulation last month and DH had the flu...it just wasn't meant to be :/
@whatsthecraic91sorry to see you are here too sad....
This will be our month ladies!!
Heres hoping we all have a September baby - smartest, tallest, statistically likely to be successful - think of it positively smile I would be happy to have a healthy baby ofc but I'm trying to tell myself and all of you that sometimes everything happens for a reason!
AF got me emotional!
Anyway,
TTC #1 - cycle 2
28yrs old on Jan 2nd!
DH is 32 smile
AF due Jan 9th (or not...happing)
Ovulation window - Christmas eve- New Years Day....yikes!
Good luck everyone! <3

MrsTwentySeven Sat 07-Dec-19 12:40:17

Hoping**

Gosh what is up with me today...

@Crumbsinthecarpet so sorry to hear about your MC sad Thanks for this thread <3

whatsthecraic91 Sat 07-Dec-19 19:01:08

@MrsTwentySeven sorry to see you here too! Are you going to try anything different this cycle? Ah yes I never thought of it that way! Also September is the busiest time to give birth too so that might be a downside! That’s a great ovulation window! Loads of sex over the holidays for you!

LoveRainbow02 Sat 07-Dec-19 19:43:54

Hi all 😊

Tentatively joining as I am still unsure whether to take a month off or not.

Ttc #2 - mc at 5.5 weeks in October and chemical end of nov.
Af/bfp due 27th dec or possibly later depending how this cycle goes after the chemical.

danielasummer Sat 07-Dec-19 19:46:34

Hi everyone, hope I can join smile

27 (28 in March), DH 28
CD 2
TTC #1 after a MMC at 7.5weeks in October (which left me heartbroken and desperate to be pg again)
Trying SMEP this cycle
Fertile window between Christmas and New Year
Irregular and long cycles
Potential low progesterone or hypothyroidism (getting checked)

Good luck to us all ladies... smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »