Talk

Advanced search

Bbt experts - newbie! Need help with my chart!

(9 Posts)
Sunflower2019 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:55:27

I’ve only started this month so know I can’t get much from it yet, can anyone tell me what I’m meant to be looking out for? Currently 3dpo.

Thank you!

TunnocksTcake Tue 03-Dec-19 10:10:33

To confirm ovulation you are looking for a rise that is sustained for at least 3 days. Usually it rises 24 hours after Ov (but can be longer) and stays in a higher range until your period is due (or a couple of days before in my case) when it starts to decline.
Yours looks like it might be starting to climb now but you won't know for sure until it 3/4 days time. I think the increase has to be something like 0.3 deg C, but it can rise slowly over a couple of days (what is known as a slow rise) and that is totally fine. It doesn't have to shoot straight up there immediately - worth bearing in mind because I tend to freak out if it takes its time but looking back at it a week later I can usually see there is a definite shift.
To cover all bases I tend to keep bding until I have a confirmed rise just to be sure, as O can take place anywhere up to 3 days after LH rise and then its another few days to see a rise if you are a slow riser.
I hope that makes sense!! It becomes clearer after a full month when you can see the pattern. Dont get hung up on individual temps either, it goes up and down but its the general trend you are looking for.
Let me know if you have any more questions

Sunflower2019 Tue 03-Dec-19 10:28:47

Thanks @TunnocksTcake very helpful, I’ve been doing it then thinking I don’t even know how to read this so it’s pointless 😂 I definitely ovulated on the day it predicted I reckon as temp went up that day.. we will see I’ve tried looking at other people’s but still don’t really understand it all! Xx

Sunflower2019 Tue 03-Dec-19 10:33:40

Also I have been having quite a disturbed sleep so maybe a little off! X

TunnocksTcake Tue 03-Dec-19 12:23:51

I think even if you have a bit of disturbed sleep it still will show a trend and that's all you need really. It's much more useful once you have been doing it for a couple of months and get used to your pre- O and post O temperatures and see the trend. I only tend to do the 2 weeks following period until O is confirmed then give it a rest for the 2ww so I dont obsess over every little drop or rise!

Sunflower2019 Thu 05-Dec-19 06:29:39

It’s definitely climbing @TunnocksTcake but I guess I’ll know more In a few days! Xx

TunnocksTcake Thu 05-Dec-19 09:21:19

Yay! I would say that's enough to confirm O, three higher temps 😊
I'm currently 2 days after peak opk and no rose yet but hopeful it will come tomorrow. I remember thinking I was a slow rise before

Sunflower2019 Thu 05-Dec-19 09:56:16

@TunnocksTcake I’m slow in everything 😂 so how would you distinguish between a BFP and a bfn, it’s it implantation dip and temps that keep rising or??
Congrats on your peak! Xx

TunnocksTcake Thu 05-Dec-19 14:17:14

@Sunflower2019 Haha I know the feeling!
SO, pregnancy can be confirmed by something like 18 high temps following ovulation, but obviously you would have tested by then! Essentially you just need them to stay above coverline until af is due/ you do a test. FF puts the coverline in for you but glow doesn't always, which is why ff is recommended for temping charts. I'd say yours is around 97.5 as most of your pre-ov temps fall below that.
Mine tend to start falling one or 2 days before af is due which is a bit of a warning sign, and end up back down in the lower range again to start your next cycle.
If you get pg you won't necessarily get an implantation dip, that is a good sign but its not guaranteed to happen so don't fret if there isn't one. You just want those temps to stay up up up!
Hope that makes sense, fingers crossed for you xxxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »