Talk

Advanced search

SMEP - feel free to join! :)

(595 Posts)
danielasummer Tue 03-Dec-19 07:34:40

Hi everyone, just making this thread as it seems a few of us will be trying SMEP to TTC! Adding these lovely ladies in from another thread but I hope everyone feels free to join! All welcome smile

@Devgirl31 @fayy123 @NCON @MrsKJW19

Some stats about me:

TTC #1
27 years old, DH is 28 years old
Missed miscarriage in October 2019 at 7+2 weeks
Still in that cycle (no AF yet)
Long and irregular cycles, some anovulatory
Suspected low progesterone/hypothyroidism (I think this based on symptoms, not diagnosed yet!)

Hope we can all provide support for each other in this crazy TTC journey.

Feel free to introduce yourselves smile

ChampooPapi Wed 04-Dec-19 14:29:58

I've returned and ready to join, guess I'll be testing end of December, period due around the 27th. From tomorrow it'll be baby dancing central 🦸💜

ChampooPapi Wed 04-Dec-19 14:33:21

Oh vital statistics!

Age-32

Trying for third baby, me and my partner have 2 other girls age 21 months and 10 years.

Miscarriage/surgical management October 22nd

So second cycle on from that but first since first period post surgery

I should be fertile from this weekend but god knows so going to just have as much sex as humanly possible for the next 2 weeks

LosingtheTTCplot Wed 04-Dec-19 14:46:39

Hi Ladies.

Going to try SMEP this cycle although I’m trying to delay ovulation as last cycle was CD7/8. It’s normally CD11.

TTC #3, hubby’s first.

I’m going to start BDing CD6 and OPKing then as well and do every other day until first positive OPK, had 3 days worth last cycle, then every day as the SMEP tells you to. Just starting a bit earlier!

AF due Christmas Day

fayy123 Wed 04-Dec-19 15:12:31

Heyyy! Welcome to the SMEP club 😂 is this your first time doing SMEP?

LosingtheTTCplot Wed 04-Dec-19 15:47:16

Yes first month, hubby doesn’t know it yet though! Haha!

Cycle #7 and had 3 chemicals and a false positive digi (missed OV because of it!) in that time.

fayy123 Wed 04-Dec-19 16:31:00

Aww I’m sorry to hear, I hope this is our month. I haven’t told mine either and I don’t plan to. I feel like it’s less pressure and they ‘perform’ better when they don’t know the plan ahaha. What cycle day are you on? X

LosingtheTTCplot Wed 04-Dec-19 16:37:37

Is it your first month too then?

I’m going to have to tell mine, otherwise he will pester me every day for it and that isn’t on unless it’s the 3 days of DTD! Lmao.

Going to do the regimented way and next month can be a little more fluid.

On CD4 at the moment, just coming off now. Will OPK tonight as really worried about missing the egg x

fayy123 Wed 04-Dec-19 16:59:46

Ahahaha that’s true! Yes it’s my first month trying the SMEP! Is this also your first baby? X

LosingtheTTCplot Wed 04-Dec-19 18:36:05

@fayy123 my third his first.

Didn’t even try with the other two they just happened! This one 7 cycles so far!

What CD are you?

Just done an OPK even though I’m still spotting and definitely negative so Hopefully I’ll ovulate later than CD7/8 as last cycle and hopefully later than CD11 as normal.

Tbh I just like POAS! X

fayy123 Wed 04-Dec-19 18:59:29

Nice okay. I’m on CD 10. Started at CD7 🙈 just tried to BD now and husband couldn’t ‘finish’ but I’m persistent it happens tonight lol I just gave him a break. I’ve been taking OPK since CD7 as well. Took one today and it’s negative. Do you think it matters for we miss today's just in case he can’t ‘perform’..

fayy123 Wed 04-Dec-19 18:59:59

* if

danielasummer Wed 04-Dec-19 20:12:23

Hi all and welcome new posters!! smile

@fayy123 so we haven't started just yet as I'm in my TWW from BD randomly when I had EWCM this cycle (not counting on it being positive though as my system is still out of whack from the miscarriage) so will start it next cycle if I'm not pregnant. How are you doing with it so far? It's lots of BD!! How are you getting on with Premom? There's loads out there so it's hard to know which is the best app! Also I don't think it matters if you miss tonight, as long as you BD every other day you should be fine.

@ChampooPapi hi lovely, good to see you back on the boards flowers Lets hope there's no AF for you around Xmas... and lots of BD in between! It's exhausting I've heard haha.

@LosingtheTTCplot hi, welcome. I'm going to do the same as you, pretty much as soon as I've finished AF I'm getting those OPKs out! Can I ask how you delay ovulation?

My husband knows all about SMEP and he's on board with it and ready for next cycle! Woop!

Wiggleyfingers Wed 04-Dec-19 20:26:15

Hi everyone!
I'm ttc #2 and I'm on CD10 at the moment.
@fayy123 I'm also a teacher and hoping for a September date date for summer pay! 🤞

fayy123 Wed 04-Dec-19 20:33:54

Hope not! Xx

fayy123 Wed 04-Dec-19 20:34:48

Aww!! Hope we can get it right! 😭😭😭 are you doing SMEP this month?

LosingtheTTCplot Wed 04-Dec-19 21:06:49

@danielasummer hi. Last cycle was 20 days (normally 24/25) and ovulation was CD7/8 (normally CD11). Only thing I changed was I stopped taking B vitamin complex.

So I did some reading as CD11 isn’t ideal so CD7/8 was ludicrously early. Doesn’t allow the egg to mature or the lining to plump.

So I’ve started from CD2 a 50mg tablet of just B6 as the complex only has 1.4mg of B6 in it.

Figured I have to try something and it indicates B6 as the culprit.

Spoken to hubby and he is on board with SMEP this month! Woo hoo! X

Wiggleyfingers Wed 04-Dec-19 21:09:37

Yes we are going to try, I just hope we have the stamina! Started OPKing from today so hoping to get a positive over the weekend.

fayy123 Wed 04-Dec-19 21:28:09

It’s a lot of BD!! I’m worried that we won’t be able to do it🙈 it’s really exhausting especially working! So far I’ve BD cd7,cD8, CD10 which is today and couldn’t.I hope I get my positive soon so I can just relax! Arghhh

Diamond94 Wed 04-Dec-19 21:29:08

Hi everyone
Can i ask how SMEP works?

Ttc baby no1! First month of trying ☺️

LosingtheTTCplot Wed 04-Dec-19 21:57:46

@Diamond94 you have your sexy time every other day starting at CD8 until you get your positive OPK, you then have sexy time every day for 3 days straight, then a day of no sexy time, then sexy time one last time just to finish off the SMEP. You can then rest!

LosingtheTTCplot Wed 04-Dec-19 21:59:54

@fayy123 I’m feeling tired thinking about it and also have a teenager in the house so have to be quiet!

Going to have to have some silent sexy time I think.

Diamond94 Thu 05-Dec-19 05:57:13

@LosingtheTTCplot thank you for the reply, im CD10, we dtd 2 days ago so ill make sure we do it tonight! I work 12.5 hour shifts so it really is exhausting 😴

TunnocksTcake Thu 05-Dec-19 09:24:58

I'm on day 3 now of the three day straight and looking forward to our break tomorrow!! Still waiting for my temp to rise after the peak 2 days ago but hopeful it will rise tomorrow, seem to remember from previous that I am a bit of a slow riser smile

LosingtheTTCplot Thu 05-Dec-19 09:27:08

@Diamond94 my hubby woke up full of cold. Told him he needed vitamin c and that we have a schedule to stick to!

Thankfully we both have a 9-5 and that’s tiring.

Fingers crossed for you x

lunamoon1 Thu 05-Dec-19 13:40:02

Hi ladies, mind if I join? We'll be doing SMEP this month too to hopefully get that BFP🤞🏼 on CD4 and usually don't OV til CD18 or so, so I have a bit of a wait to go!
Lots of baby dust to everyone✨

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »