Talk

Advanced search

Depo injection experiences

(87 Posts)
Danielle95lab Mon 02-Dec-19 14:28:00

Hello ladies, just looking for anyone's experiences trying to conceive after the depo injection. I'm currently on my ninth month since my last injection. My periods return six months ago, but no BFP yet.

I seem to be experiencing spotting a fair bit mid-cycle as well. I take ovulation tests, but I don't seem to get a positive. Feeling a bit fed up!

Danielle95lab Mon 13-Jan-20 23:10:11

Haha that's definitely true! It's a year in March so not far off 🙈xxx

ForeverHopeful67 Mon 13-Jan-20 22:46:08

@Danielle95lab it's always the way, wanting what other people have as I'd love to have regular cycles! Or a cycle at all actually 😂 I'll keep you updated through out the process though and offer any info that I can! When will it have been 1 year TTC for you?

Xx

Danielle95lab Mon 13-Jan-20 11:00:49

@ForeverHopeful67 I know it can only really be onwards and upwards for you now. I'm actually jealous you've got things moving. But I don't think the doctors will entertain me yet if my cycles are being some what normal 🙈

Oh I know honestly, just my luck isn't it. Luckily we covered ovulation day and a few days prior but after that I've been really frustrated with it. And like I said you can't take normal medication cause it says don't take if you're trying to conceive or are pregnant, so it's just a nightmare 😂

ForeverHopeful67 Sun 12-Jan-20 23:09:40

@Danielle95lab I know! Completely had me under false pretences thinking everything was finally sorting itself out but nope! Ah well hopefully I'll get some answers in the next few months! Of coursesmile

Ooooh that sounds promising! Fingers crossed for a 30 day cycle for you! OMG that's a nightmare, it doesn't rain it pours as they say 😂the things we put up with to try and have a baby! Men have it easy really don't they xxx

Danielle95lab Sun 12-Jan-20 10:40:11

@ForeverHopeful67 isn't it bizarre how things were actually settling down for you and now this 🙈 so glad things are moving forward though, updates on your journey please!!

Everything's not too bad. I started experiencing loads of EWCM last week so pulled out the OPK again and turns out I was ovulating on CD16, so I'm hoping that means my cycles are now becoming shorter as AF is due to arrive on CD30 instead of 40, wooo😂! So 3DPO now, waiting game again. However I seem to have bloody got a yeast infection and I've read all the over the counter stuff and you can't use any of it if you're trying to conceive, so back to the doctors next week if it doesn't settle in a few days 🤦🏻‍♀️ xxx

ForeverHopeful67 Sun 12-Jan-20 10:07:09

@Danielle95lab thanks babe, yeah things are still pretty much non existent cycle wise! Even having my bloods done last week they were like " usually these would be done 7 days before your period but how long is a peice of string for you!" Haha OH has the ball rolling with his SA now too so hopefully will be being referred end of Jan / beginning of Feb!
How are things with you? Cycle settled down?xxx

Danielle95lab Tue 07-Jan-20 07:46:12

@ForeverHopeful67 Thats brilliant news, such a positive step forward. Least you're going to begin getting some answers. Have things still been a bit weird cycle wise?

Yeah it's time to relax about it I think, then doctors if that doesn't work. Let me know how your appointments go and bloods xx

Louisg Mon 06-Jan-20 23:31:38

I can off the depo in September and got pregnant before my first period. Unfortunately ended in mc which I sometimes wonder if it was connected to not having a break in hormones. I bought Angus Cactus and another supplement (which I never got round to using) as I've heard they can help regulate - some what - your cycles

ForeverHopeful67 Mon 06-Jan-20 23:22:01

@Danielle95lab glad all is well ☺️ I don't blame you for ditching the OPKs! They do end up taking over your life! I too stopped temping and testing all last month and it definitely helped me feel more relaxed!

I went to the docs last week and they're doing some final blood tests for me, have asked my partner to have a S.A. done which he's thrilled about 🙃 then they've said they will refer me to the fertility clinic which is good news!!

I don't blame you for wanting to go back to the doctors - keep persevering!xxx

Danielle95lab Mon 06-Jan-20 09:00:48

@ForeverHopeful67 hey lovely! I'm good thanks just on CD14 so nothing exciting at the moment seen as my cycles are so long. I've sacked off the ovulation tests as everything because I was driving myself insane and just going with the flow this month. Feel like it's taking over my life 😂 however, if nothing happens by March I'm going back to the doctors.

How are things with you? Did you go to the doctors yet?xxx

ForeverHopeful67 Sun 05-Jan-20 21:50:10

@Danielle95lab hey! How are things with you smile xxxx

ForeverHopeful67 Mon 30-Dec-19 23:57:20

@lucymagoo hopefully your periods and ovulation return to normal fairly quickly! Keep us updated - good luck smile

ForeverHopeful67 Mon 30-Dec-19 23:56:18

@Danielle95lab I'm doing better now thanks chick! Feel like this time of year people are getting pregnant left right and centre!
When was the last time you done a pregnancy test?

Nothing exciting my side, same old nothingness happening 😂 no period and have stopped doing OPKs and temping as it just adds to frustration! Will get on at the docs after NYE is over with smile xxx

lucymagoo Mon 30-Dec-19 10:46:17

@ForeverHopeful67 yes I came off the depo in August and then took the mini pill until 2 weeks ago, and now I'm off completely smile

Danielle95lab Sun 29-Dec-19 23:36:32

@lucymagoo good luck chick, the OPK's have been helpful for me.

@ForeverHopeful67 how are you? Not much happening on my side haha. Only 7 days into my cycle and I had a close positive OPK, so bit strange if I ovulate some time soon considering my cycles are so long.
Who knows anymore eh😂😂 xx

ForeverHopeful67 Sun 29-Dec-19 22:46:29

Hi @lucymagoo smile I notice in your earlier post you mention you're on the mini pill after stopping the depo, have you stopped the mini pill now?
Regardless all the best for you TTC journey smile hopefully it's a quicker one than mine!x

lucymagoo Sun 29-Dec-19 17:59:14

How is everyone doing? I've just ordered some OPKs and FRERs on amazon to hopefully find an ovulation window in the new year smile

ForeverHopeful67 Fri 27-Dec-19 00:19:04

@bluemoon2468 oh no I'm sorry to hear that! Sounds awful, I hope things have settled down for you now xx

@Danielle95lab sounds promising! I so hope it is implantation for you and not your periods playing you up again!
When do you think you'll test again? - keep
me posted 🥰

I know! I Spose if it was implantation that would happen but I don't feel like that's the case at all as I don't feel any different whatsoever other than my boobs looking a bit more veiny but I'm definitely clutching at straws here!

Hey ho if this isn't the month for us we can keep each other updated on our doctors journeys haha xxx

Danielle95lab Thu 26-Dec-19 22:32:26

@ForeverHopeful67 Aw I'm so glad to here! Yes mine was great too.

I took a test xmas eve, negative. But I read if it's implantation bleeding it will take a few days to show positive so just going to leave it as long as I can haha. But it's weird how things have been normal then I've had one day period.

I can't believe your spotting has just stopped, what the hell is going on. Yeah I've said the same, doctors ASAP cause I just want to know my hormone levels etc xx

bluemoon2468 Thu 26-Dec-19 20:38:54

I came off the injection a few years ago (long before ttc was even on my mind), but I had a complete nightmare coming off it. Took me well over a year to get regular cycles again. At one point I bled heavily every day for over two months, leading to anaemia and fainting - I had to take blood clotting medication to get the bleeding to stop in the end, which had its own risks attached. I have friends who have been through similar. Never again!

ForeverHopeful67 Thu 26-Dec-19 15:58:34

@Danielle95lab had the best Christmas thanks chick, hope you had a fab day too!

How strange! Have you done a test at all? Any chance it could have been implantation bleeding?

Spotting has completely stopped now, so no idea what all that was about - just my body playing tricks on me as I thought so I guess things still haven't settled down for me either, so frustrating isn't it! I've decided I'm going to go back to the doctors in the news year and put my foot down so this gets looked into properly!xxxx

Danielle95lab Thu 26-Dec-19 11:37:50

@ForeverHopeful67 how was your Christmas lovely? Any further forward with this spotting?

I thought AF was in full swing on the 23rd Dec, but seemed to have a one day period and now absolutely nothing. Just when you think things are getting back to normal. Could cry honestly 🤦🏻‍♀️xx

ForeverHopeful67 Mon 23-Dec-19 14:25:01

@Danielle95lab ah no sad sorry to hear that babe but loving the positivity and agreed Atleast you don't even need to think about it over Christmas and New Years!

I've had headaches a lot recently and Temp has risen every day for the last 6 days then sharp drop this morning with dark black spotting yesterday. So no idea what this means, I guess it could be implantation but more than likely AF / my body just playing tricks on me!!

Here's to 2020 being our year!! Everything crossed for us both xxxx

Danielle95lab Mon 23-Dec-19 10:57:45

@ForeverHopeful67 well AF arrived this morning so I'm out this month 😂 but least everything is regulating now and I've had a pretty normal few months, so feeling slightly hopeful.

Here's to 2020, hopefully our year chick xxx

Danielle95lab Sun 22-Dec-19 23:42:42

@ForeverHopeful67 hey lovely! I've been better 😂 think AF is on its way. Had very light pink CM tonight. Not due on for another four days. A bit fed up, but at least if AF arrives I can forget about it for a few days and enjoy Christmas haha.

How are you? Are things still a bit all over?xxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »