Talk

Advanced search

First flashing smiley face

(198 Posts)
Mich2020 Fri 29-Nov-19 14:13:21

Eeek today I got my first flashing smiley face on clearblue digital opk, how long should I expect it to be flashy before turning static? Anyone used these? X

Waiting1987 Sun 22-Dec-19 08:16:44

Oh no @Mich2020 sorry to hear that. Sounds very painful! Really hope you get bfp soon. Have you tested ovulation this month?

DH away over next few weeks but tested anyway and back to flashing smiley time. Really not sure whether I want to continue ttc but peeing on sticks anyway. blush

Mich2020 Thu 19-Dec-19 20:21:11

Thank you @Lori86 hoping it'll all go smoothly and I can get back to normal after.xx

Lori86 Thu 19-Dec-19 19:30:54

Oh no @Mich2020 I'm so sorry it wasn't better news, as Stef says it's something I have very little knowledge on but if you want to chat about it I'm always here xx
I hope you're ok, look after yourself over Christmas. Hopefully the op goes well for you xx

Mich2020 Thu 19-Dec-19 19:06:54

I've suffered now for 10 years, it's been a struggle. But hoping now he's aware of my fertility situation too we can get the ball rolling a bit more and hoping the new year will be better xx

Stef92 Thu 19-Dec-19 18:53:19

Oh dear @mich2020! I'm not really sure what to say as have very little knowledge on this but I hope whatever happens you are ok - hopefully you can enjoy Christmas x

Mich2020 Thu 19-Dec-19 16:13:32

Just a quick update, been to the hospital today for my gynaecology appointment and I have really bad endometriosis again, to the point my right ovary is attached to my womb and he's not sure if the tubes are blocked or not. He's getting me in for a laparoscopy and tube dye after the new year. Until he operates he doesn't know if anything else is attached to anything.
He's concerned that I've not been on contraception for 10 months and I haven't been caught yet. He said pregnancy would help the best but if that doesn't happen then the op will be going ahead after new year.x

Stef92 Thu 19-Dec-19 10:17:57

Good luck today @Mich2020 !

My AF has arrived so I'm out 😖 at least I can have a drink at Christmas

Lori86 Thu 19-Dec-19 08:35:42

@Mich2020 that's so annoying, I've never heard of that before but as you say I've read before that there's no false positives so if it's pink I would have thought it was positive. Have you done one with fmu? Hopefully they can shed some light on it today, could they do a blood test? Best of luck today x

Mich2020 Wed 18-Dec-19 20:14:39

Ahh the line is definitely there and it's pink. It's just so confusing. Have you ever heard of a positive then negative then positive before? I've been researching it and apparently you can get false negatives but very rarely false positives and especially not numerous ones like this this past week. I'm holding my wee for a better sample as only had gone 45 minutes before taking this test.
Ahh hoping it doesn't come for you, have you taken another test? Xx

Stef92 Wed 18-Dec-19 19:59:54

@Mich2020 on the second pic I think I can see an extremely faint line! Hope you find out for definite soon and good luck at the hospital!

No AF for me yet, tomorrow hits the average cycle day since coming off the pill. Had an upset stomach most of the day and very crampy so expecting the worst

Mich2020 Wed 18-Dec-19 18:45:14

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Another faint line? Very diluted wee. Going to wait until at least 9-10 o'clock to do another because I can't understand why I haven't bled or why the lines aren't dark yet.
Hospital tomorrow so maybe they might be able to tell me more then. Anyone see these lines? X

Lori86 Tue 17-Dec-19 19:57:48

Ah it's OK, Tesco is doing some lovely wine offers at the minute so I'm out to buy some tomorrow 😂🍷!! Best of luck for next cycle @Mich2020 if af does come, hopefully you get answers on Thursday too xx

Mich2020 Tue 17-Dec-19 19:10:17

I've been crampy for days 😭 still nothing! Af due anytime. My app says Thursday I think, but I'm now 14dpo so I expect it tonight/tomorrow.
Sorry to hear that @Lori86 xx

Lori86 Tue 17-Dec-19 18:15:41

Best of luck girls, that are still awaiting af or bfps 🤞, af arrived for me yesterday. I think I'm going to relax this month coming & not worry about trying. I know it sounds silly but my ds's birthday is in October & I didn't want him to have to share his birthday month 😂

Stef92 Tue 17-Dec-19 17:55:34

@Mich2020 I used to be bang on 28 days when I was on the pill but they've varied since coming off it. I think I average 27 at the mo! Feeling a bit crampy tonight which has put me in a mood 😂 when is your AF due

Mich2020 Tue 17-Dec-19 16:44:19

Ahh how long are your cycles usually?
Negative ic this evening. Just don't know what's going on with my body tbh xx

Stef92 Tue 17-Dec-19 12:18:13

Thanks @Mich2020 no sign of AF yet and I'm on day 25 so lasted longer than last month 🤣

Keep us updated and good luck🤞🏻

Mich2020 Tue 17-Dec-19 07:49:42

That's the good thing to come out of it isn't it. Thank you 😊 good luck to you too. I'll keep you updated in the next couple days xx

Stef92 Tue 17-Dec-19 07:16:01

@Mich2020 sorry to see that. I guess there's always hope until AF arrives.. but if it does arrive you'll at least be able to enjoy a few glasses of wine on Christmas. X

Mich2020 Tue 17-Dec-19 06:09:29

The serial tester is going to stop testing now and wait for af to arrive.. the lines on the frer and clearblue last week had my hopes up but I think this is a definite answer 4 days later 😐 into the next cycle

Mich2020 Mon 16-Dec-19 18:03:26

Yes it could well be love. Hope they manage to speed up your scan soon though 💕 hugs.
How's it going with everyone this evening? I didn't test this morning because couldn't bare to face another heartbreak, I've tested this evening with a cheapie with the most diluted wee, also a cb opk which was another flasher face with the strongest line yet. My cheapie had a fain faint faint line on it. Although it could be missed unless looking very closely, will hold my pee for a couple hours and try again I think. Here's the pic.
I also have had awful backaches today, maybe period pains but keeping fingers crossed that it isn't. May try the digital in the morning just to put my mind at rest I think x

Lori86 Mon 16-Dec-19 07:46:52

@Mich2020 oh my god it sounds like you've had a terrible time, I'm so sorry you're still in pain. I had quite a traumatic birth too, I had a failed induction which went on for over 36hrs, loads of unnecessary intervention & ended in a emergency cs as ds heart rate was through the roof and my kidneys started shutting down. I wonder if that might be part of it? Thank you for sharing your experience, I really hope you get to the bottom of things on Thursday, I'll be thinking of you x

Mich2020 Sun 15-Dec-19 21:19:20

I have suffered from endometriosis since having ds who's 11 now, long labour, a lot of examinations and a lot of stress and blood loss. Unnecessary things that could have not happened if they had spotted he was never going to be delivered naturally early on. Anyway after having him I became poorly, infections and things and a lot of pain even a year after c section they found out with laparoscopys I had endo, they have removed scar tissue from my organs inside 3 times now and I still continue to get pain. They told me to have the coil which is meant to settle the pain as it doesn't usually give you periods (that wasn't the case for me) I had it removed after just a year because the pain was so intense. They finally agreed to see me again, When they last scanned me at a different hospital they said they could see cysts on my ovaries and is more than likely PCOS, when I went for drs appointment after the scans they confirmed it. Apparently it's common and a lot of woman have it, but it goes Undiognosed as in some cases it's just mild.
It could well be what you have and can cause infertility in some people but the drs would be able to tell you more on your next scan. I'd get that chased up if I were you, it's took me 6 months to get this gynaecologist to see me so hoping he will give me some answers and hopefully my next step at the appointment.
Sorry that was a bit of a ramble. Hope it made some sort of sense. I will know more on Thursday hopefully 🤞🏻 xx

Lori86 Sun 15-Dec-19 20:43:51

@Mich2020 do you mind me asking how you were diagnosed with pcos? I've had some odd changes to my cycles since having ds1, my af has suddenly become exceptionally heavy & painful. I had a scan 2 months ago which showed a medium sized cyst on my left ovary. I have to be rescanned to see if it gets bigger or if any more develop that was meant to be this month but I've not heard anything. Pcos is not something I know anything about.

Mich2020 Sun 15-Dec-19 20:24:40

I never tried with ds as was only very young and only had sex the once.. with dd it took a few months I think but I never remember it being this stressful. I do have PCOS and endometriosis, so a gynaecology appointment on Thursday might give me more clue as to what is going on inside. I had my coil removed in February and started periods back properly in April so since then it's been every month of disappointment ☹️ fingers crossed we all get our bfps soon. A new year a new life 👶🏻 xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »