Talk

Advanced search

First flashing smiley face

(198 Posts)
Mich2020 Fri 29-Nov-19 14:13:21

Eeek today I got my first flashing smiley face on clearblue digital opk, how long should I expect it to be flashy before turning static? Anyone used these? X

Mich2020 Sun 01-Dec-19 18:38:04

@Lori86 yes I read that there's no need to test after peak. You can use the leftover ones next month yes. Fingers crossed you won't need too though xx

Waiting1987 Sun 01-Dec-19 19:14:58

Good luck for tomorrow @Mich2020 🤞. Hopefully it'll be static

I have bad cramps tonight! Going to try and dtd anyway and then I've done all I can this months.

Mich2020 Sun 01-Dec-19 19:26:58

Thank you @Waiting1987. Shall update tomorrow. We've been dtd every night anyway. Even over the high fertility days. Want to be covered whatever happens xx

Waiting1987 Sun 01-Dec-19 20:06:52

Just had bleeding sad. Assuming it's my period starting... Don't understand why I had flashing smiles for 3 days and then static if it wasn't ovulation.

Mich2020 Sun 01-Dec-19 20:41:15

How many days ago did you get your static face? It can't be period this soon can it? Xx

Waiting1987 Sun 01-Dec-19 20:50:26

I only got my static yesterday! I had such bad cramping tonight I felt like it was my period and then had blood when I went to toilet. It's not heavy/on pad... yet. Was hoping it was ovulation spotting, which I've had once before, but I didn't have the cramping that time. I know the ovulation tests can get a dark line before a period, but didn't think I would have got a flashing smiley first because that tracks oestrogen.. I think.

Mich2020 Sun 01-Dec-19 20:55:35

Hm that's strange. I've heard of ovulation spotting too. Hoping it doesn't get worse for you. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 let me know how it goes overnight and tomorrow x

Lori86 Sun 01-Dec-19 21:50:28

@Waiting1987 that is strange. From what I know the flashing smile tracks estrogen which increases before your period but the static smiley is a strange one. How far in your cycle are you? Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it xx

Waiting1987 Sun 01-Dec-19 22:27:42

Thank @Mich2020

Ahhh @Lori86 I didn't realise there was also an estrogen increase before period too. That would make sense getting flashing and static before period then... I have no idea about cycle day. Had implant removed about 25 days ago and also breastfeeding so cycles weren't regular even before implant.

Well no more bleeding and dtd just incase. Pretty sure af will be in full flow tomorrow. angry

Mich2020 Sun 01-Dec-19 22:46:35

Omg omg ladies. First static smiley 😃 so this means I'm likely to ovulate 12-48 hours yeah? We have dtd for the last 3 days running and plan tomorrow and Tuesday for luck 🍀🤞🏻 but also this could be a scary thought, If this is correct I am ovulating well early in my cycle.. normally 28-30-32-34 days ish?? Today is cd12. Any ideas ladies? Also because it's early on in cycle maybe this is why we haven't caught it yet as we must have been dtd the wrong times? Xx

Waiting1987 Mon 02-Dec-19 07:21:12

Woohoo! That's exciting!! @Mich2020

Sounds like you've got timings right with dtd this time too. Fingers crossed 🤞

No sign of anymore spotting last night or today, so will see what the day brings!

Waiting1987 Mon 02-Dec-19 07:25:20

Yes 12-48 hours after!

Mich2020 Mon 02-Dec-19 09:13:30

@Waiting1987 I'm happy to read that you haven't had anymore spotting.
I know I felt like I should take it last night and there it was.. was over the moon.
What day would you count as 1dpo though that's where I'm confused as would it be today or tomorrow? Sorry for the questions. Just hoping this month is the month xx

Lori86 Mon 02-Dec-19 09:42:17

@Mich2020 yay that's exciting!! I was quite surprised I ovulate so early too, mine was cd11. Not sure why it's so early but my cycle can be any from 25-30 days so maybe I'll have a short cycle this month . I don't know about you but I was just relieved to know it happens at all tbh!! Fingers crossed for you this month.
@Waiting1987 it's great you haven't had any more spotting. Maybe it was ovulation spotting as you said. Fingers crossed for you too.

Mich2020 Mon 02-Dec-19 09:48:22

@Lori86 I'd have never put ovulation this early with my cycles and maybe that's the mistake I have been making all along, I am very relieved to know that it's happening yes. Although I have two children they are 11 and 8 so it's like going back to beginning again. 11 year old wasn't planned, and 8 year old only took a few months but I'm now with a new partner who has his own child too 6 years old.
Hoping everything will be okay for us all this month. We are all so close together too 🤞🏻 when will you be taking a test? Xx

Waiting1987 Mon 02-Dec-19 10:02:13

@Mich2020 I got static on Saturday so I think I'll count Sunday as 1dpo. It should probably be today though. confused If I don't get a period I'll test Thu and again on Fri.

When will you test?

Waiting1987 Mon 02-Dec-19 10:03:23

I mean next thu/fri not this one...

Mich2020 Mon 02-Dec-19 10:06:22

@Waiting1987 I don't know when to count from 1dpo maybe tomorrow.. so then I'll test probably starting 10-11 dpo. I'm so impatient haha xx

Lori86 Mon 02-Dec-19 10:30:15

@Mich2020 I'll try to leave it as late as possible to test. Although I have a Christmas night out on the 14th & if I'm not pregnant I'd love to enjoy a glass or 2 (or 3 😂) of wine at it so might test before that!!

Mich2020 Mon 02-Dec-19 10:44:15

@Lori86 I have a Xmas night out this Friday, do you think I'd be okay to have a few drinks? I've read that the embryo doesn't actually attach this early and it doesn't have any connections to your blood system until a bit further on. Seeing as I'll only be like 5dpo I'm guessing I'll be ok x

Wantywanty Mon 02-Dec-19 10:56:33

Hey ladies I have been reading this thread since yesterday and I’m very new to all of this meaning how the cycle actually works. I was just wondering is it possibly to get a flashing smiley then a solid the next day or should I say is this normal? And do you guys think dtd 1 day before flashing smiley will result in BFF? P.s you ladies are very informative and I wish you all the best in your journey conceiving xxx

Wantywanty Mon 02-Dec-19 10:57:34

BFP*

Lori86 Mon 02-Dec-19 11:15:01

@Mich2020 I'm sure you should be fine, as your say it isn't part of your blood stream then. My party is a week after yours so if I am pg it should be implanted by then. Although a lot of people drink accidently (before they know they're pg for example) in early pregnancy & have no adverse effects at all.
@Wanty that's what happened with me this month, I had blank circle for a few days, one flashy face & next day static smiley. We dtd on Thursday, missed Friday & I got my static smiley on Saturday so I'm hoping it's enough (my 13 month old decided sleep was for the weak on Saturday night so hubby & I didn't get any alone time on Saturday!!!). I never expected to ovulate so early so our timing was off.

Mich2020 Mon 02-Dec-19 12:38:52

@Wantywanty they say that only once is sometimes enough so fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻
Feeling very rubbish today, stomach ache and feeling tired. Luckily I'm home all day as my daughter is off school anyway, so a chilled one for us and some nice dinner might make me feel better 😊 need to be fighting fit for tonight as should be ovulation day today haha xx

Wantywanty Mon 02-Dec-19 13:23:57

Aww fingers crossed for both you lovely ladies @Mich2020 @Lori86 blush I never knew trying to conceive was so complicated. My first two weren't planned so I've never felt this before it's giving me serious anxiety issues lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »