Talk

Advanced search

Put down the pee sticks!

(1000 Posts)
BabyB19 Thu 28-Nov-19 19:07:26

Hi ladies

Please tag away anyone you think would want to be added...

@bluetue @ceebee21 @dizzy85 @Jonesbabynumber1 @Tbug

And welcome to any newbies that want to join this mad mad world of trying to conceive x

Wackadoodle84 Thu 28-Nov-19 19:23:55

Would love to join in please, am a self confessed poas addict, love having something to squint at 🤣🤦‍♀️

On cd28, 15dpo. Bfn on a frer yesterday, just waiting on AF to arrive so I can get cracking on my opks.

Quiffy Thu 28-Nov-19 19:30:23

Me too! I’m 1 day into TWW and between opks and hpks I cant remember what it’s like to just go for a nice pee that isn’t into a tub 😂

I’m trying to not test before AF this cycle...

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Thu 28-Nov-19 19:40:19

Me too! I'm 4dp5dt (9DPO) been telling myself that testing every day since transfer is because I'm testing out my trigger shot....:yeah im lying to myself! 🤣

BabyB19 Thu 28-Nov-19 19:46:43

Welcome ladies you are in good company! This is a new thread as we have done 1000 messages on another and there has been plenty of POAS!
I am currently CD3 and am waiting on OPKs to be delivered and hoping to wait until AF due this cycle x

ceebee21 Thu 28-Nov-19 19:51:42

Thanks @BabyB19 I am deffo an addict, ordered two packs of FRER yesterday and then AF arrived.... at least I’m stocked up for next month o guess.

Currently CD2, going to try temping this month xx

Quiffy Thu 28-Nov-19 19:56:06

@ceebee21 I just started temping this month. Found it really useful so far!

ceebee21 Thu 28-Nov-19 19:58:31

@Quiffy I feel like it may save me money and stop POAS so much haha xx

TitianaTitsling Thu 28-Nov-19 20:01:21

Hello! Id like to join in please! Am over poas-ing, to extent am just doing it stupidly randomly!

TitianaTitsling Thu 28-Nov-19 20:03:55

Period now 2.5 weeks late I have signs of feeling Pg, but not a single line!!

BabyB19 Thu 28-Nov-19 20:14:48

Blimey @TitianaTitsling have you been the Drs or anything for blood tests? X

Jonesbabynumber1 Thu 28-Nov-19 20:15:31

@BabyB19 love the name 😝

Quiffy Thu 28-Nov-19 20:25:29

@ceebee21 it’s definitely stopped poas madness for me. I ovulated yesterday and my temp went down and spiked up today. It’s nice not just relying on sticks as I had the fear I’d miss it!

@TitianaTitsling yikes! That must be super frustrating!

Wackadoodle84 Thu 28-Nov-19 20:51:17

AF has just arrived, cycle 2 commences! This part of the TTC process is always so much more fun than the tww part

BabyB19 Thu 28-Nov-19 21:22:06

Thanks @Jonesbabynumber1 🤣
I agree @Wackadoodle84 two weeks relief before the tww panic sets in again 😭

ceebee21 Thu 28-Nov-19 21:50:23

@Wackadoodle84 haha and definitely goes so much quicker xx

sarahc336 Thu 28-Nov-19 21:52:56

Hello!!!! I'm currently sat here with my clear blue ovulation stick sat next to me on the sofa waiting the 5 mins for the result to develop, I think this thread is for me grin

Jonesbabynumber1 Thu 28-Nov-19 21:53:49

@BabyB19 I can’t wait for af to come now cycle day 30 and I’m never usually later than 28 days 😭😭 I’ve had a glass of wine which has helped.

BabyB19 Thu 28-Nov-19 22:11:03

Welcome @sarahc336 you sound like you will fit right in 🤣
I can't wait to get good and drunk this weekend completely guilt free! Hopefully this next cycle will fly for us all as we will have things planned for Christmas and hopefully with the relaxed attitude will come lots of bfp's 🤩🥳

sarahc336 Thu 28-Nov-19 22:14:16

Ha ha ha I told myself I'd be really calm and just see what happens, fast forward to cycle 6 and I'm like a woman possessed hmm ttc is tough ha ha xx

Crazymummyto3 Thu 28-Nov-19 22:17:42

I'm definitely a POAS addict! I'm currently CD29, I've bought loads of ICs and at the moment as doing one morning and night 🙈 My cycles have not been consistent since stopping the pill so I don't know when I'm due on, but so far I've only had definite BFNs so I'm starting to lose hope for this month

BabyB19 Thu 28-Nov-19 22:55:27

@ShiningStarz this is the new group and it sounds like we're in good company with all our new friends ☺️
Isn't it good to know that we're all a little bit crazy, and that actually when we think it's dead easy for people to pop babies out left right and centre there's actually tonnes of us who don't find it that easy and it's perfectly normal! ❤️

SunnyFlover Fri 29-Nov-19 00:16:06

Can I join...?
my name is SunnyFlover and I am POAS addict... 🤣
I actually blame the silly faint lines... (its a line if I can see a shadow, whilst standing on a toilet and pushing my pee stick against the bathroom light). Shadow is a potential line, and as they say- a line is a line! 🤓 And that line needs confirming. 3 times a day preferably 🤦🏼‍♀️ Enough reasons to join this chat right here?

MrsCl19 Fri 29-Nov-19 05:33:47

Hi ladies please can I join!

I came off the pill about 6 weeks ago and after lots on negative tests af showed yesterday 🙌🏼 so CD2 for me! For proper cycle so I'm quite excited.

Lots of baby dust to everyone

BabyB19 Fri 29-Nov-19 07:32:23

How exciting, more baby maniacs to join the group 🤣👍🏼 @MrsCl19 @SunnyFlover you will fit in. Baby dust to all. I have good feelings this month we're all getting our Christmas presents 🥰

SunnyFlover Fri 29-Nov-19 08:24:10

Well, my af just turned up this morning, so I am out for now, but hoping for a Christmas miracle 😇

Quiffy Fri 29-Nov-19 08:33:16

@SunnyFlover hello! I’m still hoping you’ve got a bun in that POAS oven. Fingers crossed!!

I must confess, I did poas this morning. Just an opk to see if my LH levels have come down after ovu yet though. Can you imagine a month without opks ahhhh bliss

MrsCl19 Fri 29-Nov-19 08:34:09

@BabyB19 it would be nice 🎁

@SunnyFlover oooo we are a day apart! Fingers crossed for this cycle !

I have loads of opk ready to start, I'm unsure if to buy some ic pregnancy tests ready for when I become obsessed at 8dpo 😂😂 or just to leave it untill Christmas Day and do a FRER 😂 planning ahead at its finest 🤣

bluebell94 Fri 29-Nov-19 08:42:55

CD4 for me - a break from POAS twice a day! Not sure when I ovulate as cycles all over the place since stopping pill in September. I would absolutely love a Christmas BFP, I've never wanted anything more! Good luck to everyone this month ❤️

Quiffy Fri 29-Nov-19 09:10:27

Christmas just makes it that much more doesn’t it? Like a bfp at any time would be exceptional... but one just before Christmas? that would just be perfect

SunnyFlover Fri 29-Nov-19 09:34:23

@MrsCl19 let's home we get our gift in December, would match exactly Christmas morning I think!

But now I follow my Flo app and it seems my Lutheal phase it only 10 days ...😞 I think that's too short and will make it harder to get pregnant. Only trying for 2 months, 3 months off the pill, so just hoping it's part of getting back to the rhythm, and it will all be ok...

Jonesbabynumber1 Fri 29-Nov-19 09:52:46

God my hormones are all over the place woke up feeling like I could cry while punching someone 😅 still no AF, it needs to come now. I hope my cycles aren’t going to be 30plus days long all the time now!

BabyB19 Fri 29-Nov-19 09:55:59

There is so much positivity in this group so far I love it. Let's see if we can all keep eachother lifted up this cycle 🥰 hope it's soon @Jonesbabynumber1 so you can crack on with next cycle, at least it means you're not having a short luteul phase x

Jonesbabynumber1 Fri 29-Nov-19 10:18:34

@babyb19 yes loads of positivity it’s good to read and so many people who are poas addicts like us lol. It’s nice to see how everyone is feeling the same frustrations but remaining hopeful. Bring of the BFP

ShiningStarz Fri 29-Nov-19 10:39:22

I’m 🤣 at all the messages!!

@BabyB19 I am CD 24!!! We could be testing same time!!

I’m done with the Constant POAS!! I’m quite good at just waiting, years of practice lol!! The CB digital is great, it’s hard seeing the ‘not pregnant’ But definitely no lines to be analysing!!
Iv my work Christmas dinner next Fri (my flo app says ill be on day 3 AF then)!!!

Symptoms CD 24 - Iv endometriosis.. i feel great up to ovulation and then I get heavy feeling in pelvis until af arrives. This time less discomfort but do have some tummy cramps and lower back discomfort (again could be endo)!! No sore boobs yet and they are always sore every cycle at least 5-7 days before I come on!!!

Happy Friday everyone xx 💕

ceebee21 Fri 29-Nov-19 10:39:55

All I keep thinking is what an amazing thing to wrap up the test as an Xmas present for OH.... ahhhh fingers crossed.

Really need to try and be less stressed about it all this month, and I think maybe not doing OPK twice a day may help.

My thermometer arrives today, so will start in the morning xx

xtinaxlazza Fri 29-Nov-19 10:40:43

Hi Newbie,

I've watching from afar but I thought I would join today as I'm TTC smile

BabyB19 Fri 29-Nov-19 11:02:05

Glad you have joined @xtinaxlazza
@ShiningStarz you will have to teach us all some patience so we don't go testing mad!
@ceebee21 you have just got me excited for doing the same as I will be due AF on Christmas Day according to App so maybe I could get a bfp to wrap up too! How exciting! Xx

sarahc336 Fri 29-Nov-19 11:09:26

I've currently got my static clear blue smiley face so just about to enter the tww, so hard to stay distracted though isn't it but glad I've had another month of a positive on my opk. I got a bfp last cycle but ended in Mc at 6 and a half weeks so trying to remain positive smile

sarahc336 Fri 29-Nov-19 11:10:20

Oh and trying to hide how obsessed I am with peeing on sticks from my other half grin he doesn't know the half of it lol xx

ShiningStarz Fri 29-Nov-19 11:21:53

I’m sorry to hear about your mc @sarahc336

Haha about hiding the obsession from your OH!!! I used to be so reliant on the sticks but my cycles were all over the place! The smiley face may detect the surge but ovulation might not happen, your body will try again and the sticks won’t pick that up!
My gp gave me advice which I now do!! Enjoy having ‘fun’ every 2-3 days throughout the cycle 😊 no testing anything!!! 🙈

xtinaxlazx Fri 29-Nov-19 11:52:02

@BabyB19 thank you

@sarahc336 I'm so sorry to hear about your MC & ditto on the multiple peeing on a stick. I've had so many faint line & Negatives I'm just confused & just really wanna know now. (6 days before period starts) confusedenvy

Jonesbabynumber1 Fri 29-Nov-19 12:00:08

@ShiningStarz that’s so interesting as I had a LH surge cycle day 14 but my temps say I ovulated day 20 and OPK didn’t pick anything up. Can this affect your fertility ?

ShiningStarz Fri 29-Nov-19 12:02:50

I’m just thinking it’s usually a 🍷 on a Friday night!!! Eeeek to drink or not to or cd day 24!! What do you ladies do?! Xx

Jonesbabynumber1 Fri 29-Nov-19 12:15:43

@shiningstarz first cycle i was like no but now I’m like I’m going to keep everything normal until BFP as if you don’t get one it’s not such a big impact

ShiningStarz Fri 29-Nov-19 12:16:42

@Jonesbabynumber1 - I am not sure. Iv seen my gynae consultant for years now and he said if you have a period every month (26-35 day cycles). You are likely ovulating.

My husband and I separated after 3 years of marriage and there were other reasons but I know my head was in the ‘ttc’ World and apps like this along with temping, charting cm, you name it!!
I put pressure on us to do the deed when I saw that spike / smiley face and it ruined it for us to the point where it was just awful even trying.

Fast forward 5 years, I’m with someone new and Iv learnt from my mistakes. I still try!! But I don’t talk to him about it and I don’t let him see me messaging on here!! 🙈

I’m no expert! I would go with the gp’s advice.
Don’t do any temping, poas!! Spend your money on new underwear & Enjoy and do the deed every 2-3 days especially between day 10-20 (even longer if cycle longer). If nothing happens ask for investigatory work. Dye test will check tubes aren’t blocked🤞🤞also they check your partners swimmers!!!!!

Jonesbabynumber1 Fri 29-Nov-19 12:29:21

@shiningstarz yes you’ve made my mind up I’m not opk this month I will temp as helped me understand my cycle as I wouldn’t have thought I ovulated that late. Normally i would bd every day day 10-15 but I plan to bd 2/3 days 10-20 now x

sarahc336 Fri 29-Nov-19 12:39:45

Yeah I will have a wine or two in the tww because you can't really put your life on hold for 2 weeks every month for something that might not even be there. Plus my daughter she was a surprise and I'd been drinking before i found out and she turned out just fine grin so I think 1 glass won't do you any harm at all smile

ceebee21 Fri 29-Nov-19 12:58:56

@ShiningStarz I would have a glass or two, like @sarahc336 said, lots of people do not even realise they are pregnant for weeks and will still drink. I also know a few who have the occasional glass fully knowing they are pregnant.

I think it is important to not put your life on hold in case you might get a BFP - it may not happen and you have wasted enjoyment of a night for nothing!!

But everyone is different - some really don't like to drink during the TWW, so up to you!

x

Quiffy Fri 29-Nov-19 13:41:13

I’d have a drink too! I don’t really drink alcohol, but I’ve been drinking coffee/eating rare steak and things like that. Just like others have said, you need to enjoy yourself!

ShiningStarz Fri 29-Nov-19 15:43:02

Good plan @Jonesbabynumber1 - I read somewhere sperm live for 5 days!! 🤞

You guys have twisted my arm!!! A wee wine, pizza and a soppy Christmas movie it is!!! 🎄😊🍷😋

BabyB19 Fri 29-Nov-19 16:35:25

Thanks @ShiningStarz you've convinced me too not worry about testing/temping etc and to just enjoy ourselves!
I would have a drink as @ceebee21 and @sarahc336 you can't put your life on hold. If this is going to take a little while you can't stop enjoying life, and what's the point putting that pressure on yourself! I plan to enjoy the festive period, eat, drink, be merry, and have lots of lovely sex. Surely that's got to do it 🤔🥳

Jonesbabynumber1 Fri 29-Nov-19 16:39:01

AF HAS ARRIVED. Wine will be consumed be bottle this weekend 😂

Bella330 Fri 29-Nov-19 16:40:06

Hi Ladies.... saw the caption and well I couldn’t resist any longer this morning at 12 DPO and POAS. It was with FMU at 6:30 I left it for 3 minutes pretty much saw a BFN... counted myself out for the month but tonight I’ve arrived home from work and it looks positive?!?!

I know you shouldn’t look after 10 minutes but it has colour to it. Were my eyes blurry with the tiredness this morning that I couldn’t see it?

Arghhh I’m driving myself up the wall with it! Please help!!!

ceebee21 Fri 29-Nov-19 16:55:31

@Jonesbabynumber1 at least you know for sure now and can move onto the next cycle!!!!!

Are you temping this month? How does it work exactly, do you have a spike or temp drop at OV?! xx

Jonesbabynumber1 Fri 29-Nov-19 17:06:16

@ceebee21 yes glad to have a break from the mental stress. No opk but going to continue temping. My temp dropped day before OV and then went up the next day and stayed up until a day or two ago when it started to drop so I know I wasn’t pregnant x

ShiningStarz Fri 29-Nov-19 18:03:32

@Bella330 ahhhh you need to test tomo morning!! Good luck 🤞

ShiningStarz Fri 29-Nov-19 18:05:36

@BabyB19 how are you feeling? Any weird symptoms?! I should have sore boobs by now but nothing!! Af due Wed. Hopefully she doesn’t show🤞

ShiningStarz Fri 29-Nov-19 18:06:15

@Jonesbabynumber1 sorry to hear that, hope you are ok. 🤗

Quiffy Fri 29-Nov-19 18:34:48

@Bella330 oooh you’ll need to test in morning and let us know smile

BabyB19 Fri 29-Nov-19 18:39:34

Thank god for that I feel relieved for you! @Jonesbabynumber1
I'm only CD3 @ShiningStarz so a way to go for me before I'm testing again!
Enjoy the wine everyone! 🍷

BabyB19 Fri 29-Nov-19 18:39:56

Have you got a picture @Bella330? X

Jonesbabynumber1 Fri 29-Nov-19 18:44:01

@Bella330 fingers crossed Definitely test again in morning but I have been caught a few times with lines and so have others. @BabyB19 I know cycle day 1 felt like longest cycle ever so glad your not to far In front hehe when is your predicted next AF?

Jonesbabynumber1 Fri 29-Nov-19 18:45:06

Wine is definitely going to be enjoyed at the works Christmas do tomorrow guilt free 🍷 🍸 💃🏼

ShiningStarz Fri 29-Nov-19 18:48:49

Ahhhh @BabyB19 I stupidly thought you were 23!! Enjoy the weekend 🍷

sarahc336 Fri 29-Nov-19 18:52:39

@Bella330 any photos?

BabyB19 Fri 29-Nov-19 18:53:09

There will be someone else close you don't worry @ShiningStarz there's enough of us here now ☺️
I know I'm so glad @Jonesbabynumber1 🤣 my next predicted is Christmas Day!! So could be a very good or very poor Christmas morning! 😭🤣🤷🏽‍♀️

ceebee21 Fri 29-Nov-19 19:36:21

AF due for me on 22nd December xx

Bella330 Fri 29-Nov-19 20:05:48

Sorry everyone putting the 2 I have to bed.... here are the pictures xx

Quiffy Fri 29-Nov-19 20:12:49

There’s definitely some kind of line there. Definitely test again in the morning!

sarahc336 Fri 29-Nov-19 20:16:02

@Bella330 I'd say they were positive grin

Bella330 Fri 29-Nov-19 20:18:42

@Quiffy I definitely will.

@sarahc336 arghhh I really hope so! We’ve been TTC for 6 months and it’s felt like an eternity if I’m honest! Xx

Jonesbabynumber1 Fri 29-Nov-19 20:38:26

@BabyB19 yes Cycle day 27 is Christmas Day for me too so hoping it will be best Christmas ever if not plenty of wine and food to be eaten. @bella30 I can see a line 😃

ShiningStarz Fri 29-Nov-19 21:22:33

i can see a line too @Bella330. I’ll be thinking of you in the morning. Sending lots of luck your way 🤞

Bella330 Fri 29-Nov-19 21:27:09

Thanks everyone sending baby dust to you all.... I’ll keep you updated. Xx

BabyB19 Fri 29-Nov-19 22:02:44

I can see it too @Bella330 keeping everything crossed and keep up posted straight away 😭🤣👍🏼
I'm nervous for Christmas Day already @Jonesbabynumber1 maybe that's why we didn't get it this month hey @ceebee21 they're supposed to be Christmas babies!

ceebee21 Fri 29-Nov-19 22:17:54

Really hope so, it’s our anniversary in December as well.

Fingers crossed xx

itssquidstella Fri 29-Nov-19 22:26:25

AF has just finished and I'm on to cycle 4! Trying to feel positive about this month but. It get too hung up on things...

Ovulation should be around the 6th so lots of bd for me over the next week...

dizzy85 Fri 29-Nov-19 22:55:15

@BabyB19 @Jonesbabynumber1 @ceebee21 ahhh there you all are 😆 I didn't get a notification of the tag so just did a random search and the name made me laugh so I clicked on it and it was you 🤣 hope everyone is good, @Jonesbabynumber1 sorry for af but at least you know where you are now and can move forward.
It's cd6 for me now af has finally stopped 🎉

Tbug Fri 29-Nov-19 23:20:18

Knew this name would be our new thread 😂😂😂😂😂

BabyB19 Sat 30-Nov-19 00:05:44

Evening @dizzy85 @Tbug good to have you back I thought you'd left us hahah ❤️

BabyB19 Sat 30-Nov-19 00:06:42

I'm CD5 @dizzy85 so closest to you this month x

MrsCl19 Sat 30-Nov-19 06:25:53

I'm really hoping our Days go quick this month with it being festive season! 🎅🏼

CD 3 for me today... when are you suppose to start opk, I've never done them on a proper cycle just after coming off the pill

ShiningStarz Sat 30-Nov-19 07:47:24

Morning!!
Cd 24!! 11dpo
Still no usual boob soreness!!
In bed, OH asleep! Tempted to poas!!!! But I don’t want him to hear!!! Should have unpacked test last night 🤣 what to do?!!! 🙈

Starlight69 Sat 30-Nov-19 07:59:30

Hi everyone I'm 6 days late day had months of negatives. Done 4 tests all bfn roughly 7-8 days ago, I bought a cheapie today done it this afternoon and got a super faint line almost straight away, it's a little off centre... Not sure how to upload a photo sad

BabyB19 Sat 30-Nov-19 08:30:24

Hi @Starlight69 you can't upload a picture until you've been on here for 2 days!
Fingers crossed though, if it came up straight away that's generally good news 🤞🏼
@ShiningStarz put the tap on while you unwrap it, and then put the shower on while you wait for it to show so he doesn't question why you've been in there for ages because obviously you will need time to squint 🤘🏼🤣 coming from a pro!
@MrsCl19 I would probably start them in the next couple of days or if you have ICs then start now. So you can see the line getting darker and you are sure when you get a positive then as lines are different for everyone it seems x

ShiningStarz Sat 30-Nov-19 09:31:51

Lol @BabyB19 too funny 🤣🤣
My oh is wondering why I’m smiling!!!
I managed to test and @11 DPO is was BFN. I wasted a CB digital, it was all I had and it was a big ‘not pregnant’☹️
I’ll retest @16 DPO (day before my work Xmas party!!) it’ll be CD 30 🤞

BabyB19 Sat 30-Nov-19 09:33:26

Still early for a CB isn't it @ShiningStarz you will know for certain hopefully by CD30 shouldn't you x

ShiningStarz Sat 30-Nov-19 09:38:20

Hopefully so @BabyB19 🤞

dizzy85 Sat 30-Nov-19 10:03:55

@BabyB19 oh that's good we are next too each other! I thought I'd lost everyone there's so many conception threads to search through. I did look in the day but clicked on loads and couldn't find you then last night I saw"put the pee sticks down" I thought that has got to be the one!😂

SunnyFlover Sat 30-Nov-19 10:24:52

Oh dear... I am out this month, hence was quiet. Testing early is so unhealthy for the mind, tested positive, but af now arrived... 😕 Will feed my POAS syndrome with OPK's in the next 5 days

BabyB19 Sat 30-Nov-19 10:25:03

It seemed appropriate as I dread to think how many we've been through between us! @dizzy85 glad we all have someone who is near us ☺️ x

BabyB19 Sat 30-Nov-19 11:47:28

Sorry @SunnyFlover but at least you are in good company as the majority are beginning new cycles now. There has to be some Christmas bfps this month for us 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Crazymummyto3 Sat 30-Nov-19 14:36:17

I got a vvv faint on an IC this morning which is probably an evap and a BFN on a FRER. I'm on CD 31 (previous cycles were 28, 27 and 33 days) so it looks like I'm out this month ☹️

SunnyFlover Sat 30-Nov-19 18:14:51

I have just ordered a big batch of FRER to arrive in time for my next cycle 2ww 😅 Just as I swore myself not to test until af arrives... I will be peeing daily during the 2ww! 😂😅

Hoping for ovulation around the 16/17 Dec, as my last 2 cycles were : 22 days , then OV, then in 10 days AF. As you see all over the place. Punishment for being on the pill for 10 years.

MrsCl19 Sat 30-Nov-19 18:20:57

@SunnyFlover I have a box of two ready aswell🤭 just ordered some ic to keep the poas addiction at bay 😂.

For anyone else that likes to be organised FRER are on offer on amazon atm 🤭

Quiffy Sat 30-Nov-19 19:09:58

You’re both bad influences, I’ve just bought some FRER again too hehe. Can’t bear missing out on an amazon bargain. I’ve spent so much on Amazon lightning deals this week 😂😂😂

Starlight69 Sat 30-Nov-19 21:02:35

Done another test this morning! Line came up faster and a wee bit darker then yesterday afternoon, I honestly just can't believe it, will go to the doctors today and get blood tests done but fingers crossed :D

Quiffy Sat 30-Nov-19 21:55:45

@starlight69 that’s amazing!! Super congratulations ❤️

ShiningStarz Sat 30-Nov-19 22:10:30

Congrats @Starlight69 😊

This thread is not accepting new messages.