Talk

Advanced search

End of Dec bus (hopefully a lucky bus)!!!!

(191 Posts)
Sophieb15 Wed 27-Nov-19 16:58:45

Hey all I am here awhile so really hoping for a christmas surprise but not getting my hopes up. Busy couple of weeks ahead so no OPK's for me just DTD every second day from CD 8 - CD 20

Stats
TTC no 2
Cycle 11
AF due 17th Dec

crazychemist Thu 28-Nov-19 18:12:14

Yay, new bus! (I missed the last couple :-D)
Stats:
TTC#2 (have a 3yo DD)
Cycle.... I’ve lost count. 18 months + (crappy short LP)
Cd1ish (I have spotting before AF, so often not sure exactly what to count as day 1)

Glad to have a bus to obsess with grin hopefully this thread will have some lovely Christmas bfp —and those of us that don’t get them will drown our sorrows with Christmas booze—

Hopefully we will help each other resist ridiculously early testing!

HalfPenny28 Thu 28-Nov-19 18:18:02

Yesss 🙋🏼‍♀️ I'm also certain I'll be on the December bus now as I'm getting bfn this month.

Af is due 29th dec according to FLO and will be my third cycle trying.

Hopefully December will be our month 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Busybee143 Thu 28-Nov-19 21:40:34

@Sophieb15
Yeah this is number one, I was very lucky and got pregnant 2nd try after one insemination too so I'm trying to keep that as a positive in my head. I was only 5 and a bit weeks pregnant so I'm just hoping I'll catch again this time and it will be a sticky bean

Sunflower2019 Thu 28-Nov-19 22:01:39

Thanks @Sophieb15 I don’t have any in the house, yet! I don’t plan on it, just opks!

@TunnocksTcake sorry to hear about mc, I’ve been there, good luck for this cycle 🤞

@MissCEngland it’s so disheartening every month when af comes! Sorry!

Xx

MrsCl19 Fri 29-Nov-19 05:41:10

Hi everyone! Af showers yesterday for some after coming off the pill so I'm CD2 usually 28 days so due on on Boxing Day so maybe a bfp for Christmas Day if I'm lucky (good this year🤭)

Lots of lucky everyone!

Sunflower2019 Fri 29-Nov-19 08:14:45

Morning girls, I’m doing opks side by side today! My cheapy is definitely close to postive and I just got my static smiley!!!! 💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

It’s my first static I’ve caught!

When shall I dtd? As I done it last night, will the swimmers be strong enough tonight?? Xx

MissCEngland Fri 29-Nov-19 08:51:06

Morning ladies. I’ve decided I’m going to start tracking ovulation. I’ve never done it before though and was wondering if someone could explain it to me please? Do you test every day or only when you know you might be ovulating? X

MrsJuly18 Fri 29-Nov-19 10:17:55

Wow there's lots of us due af round about the same time!

I'm on CD12 but also unsure when I'm due to ovulate, come off the copper coil on the 20th Nov however period before that was 2 weeks late 😩 few trips to the gp, 2 positives and 3 bfn made us decided to just take the coil out and try for #3. Anyway, if my cycle has gone back to normal my next period will be due around the 18th Dec 🤞 I've had a bit cramp this morning so I'm hoping thats a sign of ovulation starting? Either that or my periods are so messed up but I'm praying I don't get another one any time soon 😩

ceebee21 Fri 29-Nov-19 10:45:51

@MissCEngland if it is your first time using OPK, I would start around CD9/10, then it is best to test every day until you have a positive. Some like to test twice a day to make sure you catch the LH surge!

xx

Sophieb15 Fri 29-Nov-19 11:03:05

@MissCEngland Try not be disheartened its just takes some people a bit longer xx You will still be on the Dec bus anyway when is AF/BFP due now?

Sophieb15 Fri 29-Nov-19 11:11:54

@MrsCl19 Hopefully we all get a BFP off santa this year smile

@Sunflower2019 If you got your static today I would def do tonight tomorrow and then take a days break and go once more then. Your CD 13 today so O day would be put down as CD 14 which is tomorrow and then AF due on the 14th Dec. xx

@MissCEngland I would advise you to get ClearBlue 4 day(purple one order from Amazon it's cheaper) Start testing on CD10 and test only using FMU once a day. You will get a blank circle first then a flashing smiley(fertile days) then the morning you get a static smiley(peak fertility) you should Ovulate the day after so really the most important DTD days are the day of the static smiley and the day after. Up to that DTD every 2nd day from CD 8. You only really need to use them for a month or 2 and then you will be able to pinpoint around the time you will O every month. But fingers crossed you get pregnant first time using it. xx

Sunflower2019 Fri 29-Nov-19 11:57:04

Yes I’m gonna keep dtd as much as I can, I’ve just done smu and it’s my cheapy is super dark now too! All systems go! Xx

Sunflower2019 Fri 29-Nov-19 12:13:21

Thanks for working that all out @Sophieb15 even earlier af then.. scary 🤦🏽‍♀️ Xx

Sophieb15 Fri 29-Nov-19 12:21:13

@Sunflower2019 I'm a pro at working it out at this stage. If you don't get AF by the 14th then you have a very good chance of getting a BFP on the 15th xxx

Anyone else need a hand working it out let me know. I have mine down to a tee. xx

TunnocksTcake Fri 29-Nov-19 14:33:17

Thank you all for your kind words.

@sunflower2019 Exciting! Yes I would say dtd Tonight and Tomorrow, only have to worry about dtd too much if you know there is a problem I think.

Im still on blank smiley so have a long way to go but dtd EOD since period ended.
I hate the first 2 weeks, they always drag soo much!

Sunflower2019 Fri 29-Nov-19 15:31:40

@Sophieb15 you are a pro!!!

Thanks @TunnocksTcake I’m getting sick of it now.. roll on tww!

Xx

Tamalama Sat 30-Nov-19 10:08:17

Af got me yesterday so I'll be moving on to cycle 10.

Stats:
Age 38 (turn 39 end of December!)
TTC #2
Cycle 10
Af due: Christmas Day!! 🤦‍♀️

I went to see my gp yesterday as my period last month was horrific, I had contractions for 4 hours as the lining was shedding so I'm on mega strong painkillers this month.
The doctor advised not to get so hung up on opk tests- they're not 100% reliable, makes sex stressful rather than fun and can add additional stress in general, which hinders successful conception.
She advised regular sex every 3 days and a bit more during suspected ovulation (I always feel when it's on its way) so this month I'm going to do this method.
She said that DH eating 3 Brazil nuts a day can also help sperm! Who knew?! 😂 x

NCON Sat 30-Nov-19 10:45:27

Hi all, AF came yesterday so I'm hopping on the December bus!

CD: 2
TTC# 1
AF/BFP due 29th Dec

Hoping to not POAS till 30th but wasted 3 in last TWW so let's see how that goes 😂 baby dust to us all 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

HalfPenny28 Sat 30-Nov-19 12:00:06

@NCON my next af is due on the same day for December! We can be testing buddies as I've promised myself the same too! Haha

Af is still 3 days away this cycle but I tested today and bfn so think I'm out this month.

I'm 29, 30 in August, December will be out 3rd cycle trying for our 1st 🙂

I've found Mumsnet so helping in just having people to talk to going through the same thing!

NCON Sat 30-Nov-19 12:07:45

@HalfPenny28 excellent, we will give eachother strength to step away from the preg tests 😂 although you aren't out yet so hopefully u get your BFP this cycle 🤞🏼

I've got a good feeling about this cycle 😊 this will be my second cycle. Gonna track my ovulation for first time with OPK and BBT! See if Ovia's predictions are right

Sophieb15 Sat 30-Nov-19 22:02:32

@Tamalama I'm so sorry you had to join this bus x I'm doing similar to you this month I've ditched the OPKs and just DTD every second day from CD8-CD20 x let's hope it is less stressful and this is our month x

itssoooofluffy Sun 01-Dec-19 05:44:37

AF arrived yesterday so also hopping on the bus!

TTC #1
Cycle 5
AF due 30th Dec

Going to try OPKs for the first time this month to check I am ovulating when I think I am! Also getting DH to hide the FRERs so I can't test early smile

MissCEngland Sun 01-Dec-19 11:18:24

@Sophieb15 Thank you for your support! AF due now round about 29th December. Downloaded an app to help my track my cycles, and it says I should be ovulating on the 14th. Partner works away and leaves on 13th though! Typical. Trying to just be in the moment though and not be too stressed.

@ceebee21 Thanks for explaining that! Will give it a go, have ordered some but might need to use it next month as partner is away on the day of ovulation (if all goes to plan)

oliwc12 Sun 01-Dec-19 11:26:33

Hello everyone! Joining in to the Christmas Bus 🙂 This TTC #1, cycle 2 for me. AF due on 26th of Dec so really hoping for a perfect Christmas gift 🤞🏼

ceebee21 Sun 01-Dec-19 12:02:50

@MissCEngland don’t forget the days before OV as well, so not all out xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »