Talk

Advanced search

One fucking year

(151 Posts)
FthisS Wed 27-Nov-19 16:47:55

That's how long it's been now. I would happily never have sex again but I know by the middle of next week I will be singing the welsh national anthem in my head.

Maisy24 Wed 27-Nov-19 18:05:44

@FthisS hahaha I'm here with you! It's SO exhausting when you get past the year mark. 😰 hope you are ok xxxx

FthisS Wed 27-Nov-19 18:22:00

@Maisy24 it feels like even longer too because I have been desperate to ttc for 5 years. I feel so angry that H (husband not H from steps) has messed about and now I'm nearly 35. I can't look at pregnant women or babies and they are EVERYWHERE.

Thefaceofboe Wed 27-Nov-19 20:35:22

I’m the same, 1 year and 1 month trying and nothing sad all i see is babies and pregnant women. People seem to fall pregnant so easy

kell2126 Wed 27-Nov-19 20:43:46

same here. totally avoiding pregnant friends at the moment because i just cannot listen to people moaning about how hard their pregnancy is

SweetSally Wed 27-Nov-19 20:49:30

I feel for you.

Sending hugs.

butterflykiss00 Wed 27-Nov-19 20:58:50

It took me 6 years with my second sad

FthisS Wed 27-Nov-19 21:03:55

Thank you for replying everyone, it's not something I have anyone in rl to talk to about this.
I would give anything right now to get stretch marks, sickness, spots, gain 5 stone.

London91 Wed 27-Nov-19 21:07:08

Hey FthisS I'm totally with you. I'm at the 3 year mark and it's soul destroying. Have you been to your GP yet? Could help to get the ball rolling with investigations. I've not long had a laparoscopy for endometriosis. So could be worth looking into.

Fingers crossed we all get our bfp's soon!

BeingATwatItsABingThing Wed 27-Nov-19 21:07:38

Me too. TTC number two and will be a year since my EMC in January. This is my 12th cycle.

FavouriteSoul Wed 27-Nov-19 21:13:00

If H was H from Steps, at least there would be a reason, what with him being married to a man and all that.

My heart goes out to you. My mother once said I can't believe you are having so much trouble getting pregnant, your father only had to look at me and another baby was on the way. Empathy wasn't her strong point.

I did eventually get my BFP but I do know how hard the journey to conceive is.

FthisS Wed 27-Nov-19 21:28:33

I'm getting a kitten if it doesn't happen and I will be knitting it a bonnet and possibly pushing it in a pram. Right now I feel like never leaving the house. It's just so unfair, I wish people would realise that it's not so easy for everyone and they should never ask if you plan anymore.

MaryShelley1818 Wed 27-Nov-19 22:07:33

Exactly a year for me too.
It’s so bloody hard...I’m edging closer to my next Birthday too when I’ll be 42 so time is well and truly running out. Very lucky to already have a DS but would have loved a sibling for him.

MrsChicken89 Wed 27-Nov-19 23:06:42

I'm on my 24th cycles, it's frustrating. Every period is soul distroying.

Maisy24 Wed 27-Nov-19 23:13:14

@FthisS I honestly would always hear about people ttc and how hard it is, but I never thought I'd be one of them women. Everyone in my family seems to get pregnant easy. I don't understand it at all.

It is so true that everyone seems to be pregnant around us, I'm sick of congratulating people, and i'm extremely sick of my period arriving and having to start the whole thing again every month, tracking, opks, scheduling dtd which makes it just awful.

I am around 16months from being off my pill and 11 months of properly trying and i just feel like if it hasn't happened now then it never will.

How the hell do people get pregnant by accident 😑

FthisS Thu 28-Nov-19 05:35:03

I've wondered this exact thing @Maisy24 how the heck do people get pregnant by accident, I'm all shagged out.
I've deleted my apps what's the fucking point.

FthisS Thu 28-Nov-19 06:05:51

This month I thought it was in the bag, 3 fucking days late then there she was. Devastated doesn't touch it I'm never late.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Thu 28-Nov-19 06:49:42

AF is a bitch! She was nearly a week late for me in March and I had convinced myself it was my month. Nope!

crazychemist Thu 28-Nov-19 18:28:42

Shit, isn’t it?

I’m a little past 18months ttc I think (I try not to keep track, so not completely sure). I really wanted to look for a new school (I’m a teacher) because my commute has become hellish. I didn’t apply last year because I didn’t want to lose my enhanced maternity rights - I’m part time, so accrue them more slowly. Feel like a bit of a twat now. If I’m not preggers by the time jobs come up again (between Feb & April) then I’ve definitely got to apply.

Definitely fed up of scheduled sex too. Have started temperature charting so that I know when I’ve definitely ovulated so we don’t have to have unecessary sex! sad Never thought I’d get to that situation.

Mooey89 Thu 28-Nov-19 18:31:57

I’m exactly the same, month 13 for us.
Had a break last month because honestly I couldn’t cope. Our sex life has now dried up to green days only. I can’t look at a pregnant woman or baby and yet they are everywhere. It’s so, so hard.

Chanel05 Thu 28-Nov-19 18:32:22

Totally know how you're feeling! Started ttc in June 2018.

BendNSnap Thu 28-Nov-19 19:01:52

I know how you're feeling. Be careful with how much you let it consume you. I became very bitter. I would turn around and walk away if I saw a pregnant women in a shop (in some cases I would have to get out). I hated seeing their big bellies and would just think why them? Why not me? It wasn't fair. I couldn't even sit in the same staff room as one of my colleagues because she was pregnant. I wasn't having periods so I was even jealous of other women TTC who were having regular periods and enduring their TTW! I wasn't a very nice person. It took 18 months to conceive our DD. I ended up going private because my GP wasn't listening to me. A few drugs to give my ovaries a kickstart was all I needed but my GP wouldn't give me anything. She kept on telling me to wait and it was early days. I'm not the most patient of people.
Good luck! I hope you get your BFP soon!

BeingATwatItsABingThing Thu 28-Nov-19 19:20:33

* BendNSnap*

I know what you mean about not being a nice person. I’ve become awful. I hide people on Facebook, I refuse to engage in conversations about other people’s pregnancies, I leave the room if they’re talking about it... I’ve become really negative.

Yogahorseygirl Thu 28-Nov-19 19:37:03

Hi Ladies, Please can I join in! I am now at 13 months and feel like I'm going insane. Until 4 months ago i had fairly regular periods and now they are all over the place - irregular and painful for days on end. I am starting to think that the cause of this is through all the stress of not being able to conceive yet sad feels like a vicious cycle and my dr just keeps telling me to stress less

Maisy24 Thu 28-Nov-19 21:30:18

@Yogahorseygirl doctors are really annoying when they say that because we all know it's impossible to not stress when people get pregnant at the drop of a hat! I have the opposite problem I have really light and short periods since coming off the pill so I'm worried that's my issue 😭

@BendNSnap @BeingATwatItsABingThing it's really hard not to be negative after so many months; I try to keep in mind that other people being pregnant has zero effect on my life so I need to ignore it. I get that awful sinking stomach though when I hear of another pregnancy.

@Chanel05 you are a month before me then. It's so hard isn't it.

@crazychemist @Mooey89 it's so hard to try and keep the sexlife going when you are both exhausted and know there's a specific purpose to doing it! Also I know what you mean about plans, i was thinking I can't book a holiday for last Christmas because I'd be pregnant, I'm not even pregnant by this Christmas!! Hilarious how naive I was.

Has everyone had tests done? I've had all the tests and everything's come back fine. My husband also came back fine (except morphology but I was told that didn't matter with the high count) . Absolutely no reason it's not happening which I think is worse!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »