Talk

Advanced search

Chemical Pregnancy Experiences

(35 Posts)
Ellie42567 Mon 25-Nov-19 08:05:52

Hello,

I’m new here but was hoping someone could share their experience with me. TTC for 11 months and I got faint BFP day after AF was due (Weds). I tested each day and the line was been getting darker and darker. Yesterday my period arrived after a pretty strong positive test in the morning. Can anyone tell me, what comes first with a chemical pregnancy, the bleeding of the negative test? Or does it vary from person to person. I’m assuming the worst here but would like to hear from someone who has gone through similar. Thank you! 😊

ilovechocolatebiscuits Fri 29-Nov-19 18:11:58

You could book a private scan? I did with my first and so glad I did!

Ellie42567 Fri 29-Nov-19 19:51:20

Yeah maybe I should be more pushy about a scan sooner. It's my first planned potential pregnancy so I just feel like I don't know what I'm doing! 🙈 Hmm. The private scan place does scans from 7 weeks so I'd need to wait another week anyway. Thanks ladies. X

Ellie42567 Sat 30-Nov-19 12:44:16

Thank you for all the advice everyone. I'm going for an early scan tomorrow. X

cerios156 Sun 01-Dec-19 23:22:47

That's great @Ellie42567, definitely a smart idea. Hope all goes well and let us know how it goes!

Ellie42567 Mon 02-Dec-19 07:03:12

So I had my scan yesterday and they couldn't see anything. 😢 They said it's either too early, miscarriage or ectopic. There is blood in my uterus which is why I'm bleeding. They took my blood and hcg was only 632, I'd have thought it'd be more if I'm 6 weeks on Tuesday but she was happy with that number. Need to see if it doubles by Tuesday. X

cerios156 Tue 03-Dec-19 13:26:25

@ellie42567 Okay, well at least now you have a better idea of what's going on and will be getting closer monitoring. The whole "call in 3 weeks" thing seemed really casual to me.

Also, I think it's really important that you don't feel like you're causing a fuss or overreacting, because this is your body and future we're talking about! I'm sure any doctor would rather be a little extra careful than miss anything.

Sending love and fingers crossed for next Tuesday!

Sammyclaire22 Tue 03-Dec-19 13:40:13

Big hugs... I'm glad you went for a scan although im sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping for.
Shocked at your gp- ive been told to have early scans for history of ectopic too (last time the nhs refused before 6 weeks but private agreed to just before as i had similar 2 years ago, positive tests and symptoms but a normal period). Mine ruptured at 6 weeks exactly so I put the period down to that and made a fuss for very early scans in the hope I could save my other tube! Make sure if you get any pain you go straight to a&e. X

Ellie42567 Tue 03-Dec-19 19:20:21

Hi guys, I had me results back today and levels have only risen by 39% in 48 hours. I'm going back Thursday for more bloods and a scan. I'm glad I ignored the advice from my GP as it's looking like another ectopic with those numbers! 😢 If I get pain before Thursday then I'll go to a&e. X

Sammyclaire22 Tue 03-Dec-19 21:05:24

So sorry to hear that... what heart breaking news. Sending lots of love x

Ange211 Tue 03-Dec-19 21:24:18

I've had 3 chemical miscarriages and my tests turned negative very quickly after I started bleeding. The fact yours is still strongly bfp is a ray of hope. I'd be pushing for an early scan. Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »