Talk

Advanced search

Negative nurse!

(10 Posts)
Mummywannabe Mon 20-Aug-07 20:32:44

Had rountine smear today and thought ideal time to mention tcc (in few weeks after wedding). Asked about rubella (work in day nursery), was told will be checked when pregnant but then said 'Well i dont know how your gonna cope with all the infections and germs! I mean i'm sure i wont be the first pregnant nursery worker (if i'm lucky enough to fall pregnant)

Put worries in my head that were not there.

Wilkie Mon 20-Aug-07 20:41:43

She's being ridiculous! Don't listen to her.

Mummywannabe Mon 20-Aug-07 20:45:05

Thats what i thought, thanks. Guess i'm all pre wedding stressed and a little over senstive. Trying not to become to obsessed with thinking about tcc but guess i'm more worked up than i thought!

Wilkie Mon 20-Aug-07 20:48:08

I know people will tell you 1000 times but the more stressed you are, you lower your chances of concieving.

Think of pg doctors, nurses (!) - they come into contact with far more germs than you will and cope just fine.

She is a bint. Enjoy TTC. It is good fun

Wilkie Mon 20-Aug-07 20:49:05

Oh and enjoy the wedding! I got married 29th July last year, 15 weeks pregnant, and it was the most fabulous day.

FWIW - I didn't have the rubella test although my friend did.

Peachy Mon 20-Aug-07 20:52:03

Sister managed a nursery and coped fine with her PG, so please don't wory. GET checked for rubella NOW- otherwise it may be too late (Mum lost a baby after contracting rubella early in her PG). Blood tests in some areas not sone until booking in quite late (have heard 17 weeks as one date!) so demand that tests

goingfor3 Tue 21-Aug-07 08:07:33

If you are worried about Rubella then get tested now as you can't be vacinated while pregnant. There is no need to wory about germs from a nursery as anyone can pick up gerns from anywhere and it's not worth getting stressed about.

cedar12 Tue 21-Aug-07 09:25:55

I cant believe she said that. I am a nurse and worked on an elderly care ward when I was pg. We had the lot diahorea and vomiting bug MRSA and I was fine never got ill just got a very bad back ache. Good luck with ttc.

notnowbernard Tue 21-Aug-07 09:28:29

Ignore her, she's talking a load of old tripe.

Congratulations on your wedding, and enjoy ttc

Mummywannabe Tue 21-Aug-07 13:19:48

Many thanks to you all for your advice. I thought she was being OTT too. Will pursue the rubella thing though as I also thought it wouldbe mor straightforward to get it sorted now. Will make appointment with G.P I think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now