Talk

Advanced search

TTC after pregnancy loss - Thread 33- huddle up and bring on the BFP's

(913 Posts)
Mumlili8 Sun 17-Nov-19 00:01:26

Welcome to the 🐧 huddle. This a safe place to get and give support for everyone who has experienced the loss(es) of a pregnancy and baby. Pregnancy and child loss is the most awful thing anyone can experience and it can also be the most lonely time too. I hope you find this thread to be of some comfort.

MrsMGE Fri 06-Dec-19 11:53:06

Aw @MissSparkles81 big hugs to you 🌺 We know how this feels. Have another cry if you need to and be gentle with yourself for the next few days ❤️ I'm going to reflexology tomorrow as well, I hope you feel better afterwards.

@SunshineCrocodile I just wanted to say your words about the burial were beautiful, very poignant, I shed a little tear ❤️ xxx

VenusStarr Fri 06-Dec-19 11:53:42

@ReeRi hugs ❤️ if my cycle isn't affected by the op I should be ovulating around Christmas day 🤞

@MrsMGE sounds like a good idea, I'll let you know tomorrow after my first weigh in. I do feel healthier as I'm eating more vegetables.

@MissSparkles81 I'm a bit twingy today but cat cuddles are helping ☺️ I'm sorry you're feeling low today, your GP sounds lovely xxx ❤️

MrsMGE Fri 06-Dec-19 12:02:35

Yes, ladies!!! What a great team! 🌺

I say, we've been through baby loss - nothing will defeat us after this, and certainly we can lose a few stone to feel better and stronger! ❤️💪 Xxx

MissSparkles81 Fri 06-Dec-19 12:14:29

Thanks ladies ... flowers

Avocuddles Fri 06-Dec-19 12:23:33

Hi ladies! Quick reply as about to go into a meeting but just wanted to say I like the weight loss idea. Personally I would rather we start after Christmas - I have zero intention of losing weight this month (after the shittest of years i feel life is too short to turn down the Christmas goodies!) so all it would probably do is make me feel a bit rubbish about myself. First day back in the new year though I'll definitely be hitting the scales!
All the best though to those of you who are giving a go now, you are far stronger women than I!

Avocuddles Fri 06-Dec-19 12:24:44

@VenusStarr maybe you can ask Santa for some nice undies to give you and your OH a very merry Christmas!!!! wink

VenusStarr Fri 06-Dec-19 12:34:17

Sounds like a great idea @Avocuddles!! 🎅

ReeRi Fri 06-Dec-19 12:47:57

Yes I agree after Christmas

A separate thread might be a good idea too as not everyone on here will want to hear about it presumably 🤔

ReeRi Sat 07-Dec-19 08:59:16

How was your party @MrsMGE?

MrsMGE Sat 07-Dec-19 09:39:50

Dying @ReeRi! Someone please bring me chicken selects...

Babykent2019 Sat 07-Dec-19 09:51:25

Hi , can any one help. Yesterday I did 2 clear blue digital tests and they both came up 1-2 weeks pregnant. Literally the min after the result I wiped and saw a small amount of red blood. Today in the shower it had turned to a brown discharge but a pea sized amount. I had a MMC (missed miscarriage) in June and petrified again. I haven’t even told my husband about yesterday’s result as I do t want to break his heart as well. I read it couldn’t be implantation bleeding as this was before BFP (big fat positive) not after. Any advice ? Could this be a dreaded chemical pregnancy? My af is due Monday , so test was an early one

VenusStarr Sat 07-Dec-19 10:26:48

Morning ladies. Had my first slimming world weigh in today... I lost 4lbs in a week! smile (dh lost 7.5 lbs but we won't talk about that 🙄) we both need to lose about 2 stone to get back to a healthy bmi.

@MrsMGE sounds like a good night 😉 hope you start to feel human soon

Welcome @Babykent2019 I've never had implantation bleeding but I think it can happen at any point up to about 6/7 weeks so can be normal. Unfortunately I think the only thing you can do is wait until your af due date and retest. I'd tell your dh though, it's an anxious time x

Avocuddles Sat 07-Dec-19 10:31:43

@Babykent2019 I'm crossing my fingers for you, I hope it isn't what you think but if it does come to the worst then we'll all be here for you.

@MrsMGE 😂 sounds like a good night! McDonalds delivers where I live.....I'm more of a nuggets girl myself.....

@VenusStarr well done on a good start! I'm about a stone over a normal BMI, though well below 30 which is the fertility treatment cut off. Keep up the good work and I'll be joining you on the health kick come Jan.

MrsMGE Sat 07-Dec-19 10:49:30

Woohoo @Venusstarr, that's an awesome result! Men always lose quicker, my DH does too, ignore that!

Oh God @Avocuddles you've just made my day!!! The do deliver, indeed! You legend ❤️❤️❤️ xxx

Avocuddles Sat 07-Dec-19 11:01:37

@VenusStarr always happy to help!

Avocuddles Sat 07-Dec-19 11:02:00

Apologies meant @MrsMGE - though I'm always happy to help both of you! 😆

Babykent2019 Sat 07-Dec-19 11:50:17

Thank you all, I’m hoping it’s nothing and plan to retest late next week to see if this increases to 2-3. Fingers crossed , I haven’t had anything else since showering a few hours ago x

ReeRi Sat 07-Dec-19 14:06:02

Ha @MrsMGE Glad you had a good time!

Well done @VenusStarr that’s fantastic - what have you been doing? Tbh I don’t need to lose loads of weight but definitely a Stone at least and I know my issue is eating lots of sweet things like chocolate...

Hope everyone else is ok

Avocuddles Sat 07-Dec-19 16:02:39

@Mumlili8 thank you so much for the lovely parcel I received today! It made shed a tear, but in the best of ways. You are a truly awesome person, and I will treasure your gifts and carry them every day x

ReeRi Sat 07-Dec-19 17:18:50

@Mumlili8 Thank you for my parcel. It came early but I’ve been doing my Christmas gift wrapping for hours and just opened it. They are beautiful - it was so kind and thoughtful of you to send them to us xxx

Mumlili8 Sat 07-Dec-19 19:43:46

@ReeRi @Avocuddles pleasure ladies.

As to the weight loss it would love to join in be I would prefer to keep it to this thread. To many threads and I get confused. I'm ashamed to say I've put on alot of weight since I started my ttc journey. I've gone from size 10 to size 16 comfort eating after mc's. I'm disappointed with my self. But I hope to lose some next year.

ReeRi Sat 07-Dec-19 19:52:08

@Mumlili8 💖

I don’t mind it being on this thread but it might be a bit annoying for those who are not interested or sometimes be a bit strange if others unfortunately come on here to talk about MC or horrible situation and I’d feel weird doing a weigh in 😂

Anny27 Sat 07-Dec-19 20:02:34

Evening ladiessmile have been reading all the messages but not commenting untill I am actually ttc again.

But just wondered when you got your bfn after miscarriage? It has been 27 since start of medical miscarriage and 3 weeks (23 days) since erpc and still getting faint positives. EPU said not an issue as hcg is decreasing but just wondered when people got their bfns?

Mumlili8 Sat 07-Dec-19 20:26:23

@Anny27 hello hun sorry you find yourself here. I think it depends on how far along you were when baby stopped growing. For me my 12 week mc it took 5 weeks but my 5 week mc only took 5 days for a negative.

Anny27 Sat 07-Dec-19 20:33:49

Thanks @Mumlili8 for sharing your experience with testing after mc. I was 11.5 weeks but was MMC so baby was few weeks less. Hopefully it wont be too much longer for me 🤞🤞 never thought I would be wishing for a bfn or my period to arrive 😂😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »