Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation mucus but negative on ovulation test

(12 Posts)
Artiesmama Fri 15-Nov-19 22:09:30

Hi all,
I’m new to this so not sure on the abbreviations. Anyway- I am on day 13 of a 28 day cycle Ttc but have had negative ovulation tests for the past 3 days. Today almost every time I wipe I’m having LOADS of egg white cervical mucus, meaning I am or going to ovulation in the next few days. My chart shows I’m due to ovulate tomorrow. My partner and I done the deed last night day 12 of cycle and will again tomorrow. Do you think this is enough? Am I actually ovulating? Just need some advise. Thank you in advance!!

OP’s posts: |
Nic555 Sat 16-Nov-19 08:50:30

@artiesmamma I have the same problem this month. I had lots of EWCM but so far negative ovulation tests and I normally get the most mucus after my positive test. Last month though I nearly missed my Lh surge. It didn't show in the morning, showed at 4 and was gone by eight. So it could be that your surge has already occurred and you have ovulated already. That's what I think may have happened to me. By chart do u mean you temp? I'm not familiar with how they works but if u do will confirm ovulation x

legalseagull Sat 16-Nov-19 08:56:06

Start testing earlier next month. I have a 28 day cycle but actually ovulate (flashing smiley face on the stick!) on day 10

Nic555 Sat 16-Nov-19 09:09:00

@legalseagull thanks last month I ovulated day 16 month before day 21 so really wasn't expecting it so early. Need to trust my own body not the sticks I think. 18 days is a long TWW for you x

Artiesmama Sat 16-Nov-19 09:47:54

@nic555 thanks for your reply. By chart I just mean on my Callander I write down period, fertile window and expected ovulation date to give me an idea of when to do the deed! I’ve never done the temperature measuring. Might start next month If this month is a bfn.
You might be right, I could have ovulated already on which case I may have missed it. I usually get cramping/twinges in my lower belly and know I’m ovulating but haven’t had that yet. I think you’re right about listening to your body and not the sticks! Wr conceived my first accidentally no tracking, no charts, no tests! Just having fun on the right day I suppose xx

Artiesmama Sat 16-Nov-19 09:50:11

@legalseagull oh wow, that is an early date to ovulate! I will rest earlier next month. Thank you for your advice. agree with @Nic555 a long 2WW for you! Xx

Artiesmama Sat 16-Nov-19 09:51:44

Sorry that’s suppose to say “o wow” not other half! Haha I’ll get used to these abbreviations x

legalseagull Sat 16-Nov-19 10:45:19

I tested positive five days before my period with all three of my pregnancies because of the early ovulation. It took 18 months to conceive first time, I think in part because I was following an app that told me to aim for day 14

chocolate26 Sat 16-Nov-19 11:07:45

I've never had a positive on a ovulation test, I went by my CM and the same pain I always get when I'm ovulating. I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant and I got pregnant even when the ovulation test wasn't showing positive smile

Artiesmama Sat 16-Nov-19 14:50:45

@chocolate26 that’s reassuring. I’m hoping listening to my body works for me too. I’ve had the CM and ovulation cramps and done the deed either side of those days so I hope I’ve covered all possible ovulation dates! X

Artiesmama Sat 25-Jan-20 21:09:35

Hi all just a quick update. I actually ovulated 2 days late on the cycle I originally posted about. I got a positive ovulation yesterday 2 days after I expected to ovulate. We DTD, it worked I got a bfp at 12DPO and I am now 12 weeks pregnant! Woo!!! Thanks for all your replies xx

Artiesmama Sat 25-Jan-20 21:10:40

Sorry it wasn’t suppose to say “yesterday” I meant I got a positive ovulation test 2 days after I had expected to ovulate...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in